If Dems win in 2020 Should the Criminality of the Trump Administration be Prosecuted?

horn4life

Just now, Johnny Sack said:

That's not what they argued.  They argued even if he did do it, it is not an impeachable offense.

The we know he did it and yes it's an offense but fuck it he's on our team shit was done by the Senate Democrats with Bill Clinton.  Many are still there today.

Which is utter bullshit.  I know it.  You know it.  They know it.  

Lying about a blow job =/= Bribing a foreign power to dig dirt on your domestic political enemy.  But let's say what you said is true.  Your premise is Dems committed a wrong, so therefore, it is right for the GOP to do it now, 25 years later.  

No sir.  That is also bullshit.

Just now, Chad Fuck said:

Lying about a blow job =/= Bribing a foreign power to dig dirt on your domestic political enemy.  But let's say what you said is true.  Your premise is Dems committed a wrong, so therefore, it is right for the GOP to do it now, 25 years later.  

Bill Clinton lied under oath. You can't do that in a country that depends on the legitimacy of its courts. He deserved to be impeached. 

Just now, Chad Fuck said:

Perjury is a criminal offense.  So is obstruction of justice by influencing a witness to lie.  Clinton was stone cold guilty of both.

Bribery is also a criminal offense.  It was not in the Articles of Impeachment.  Because they could not meet the elements.

• Fuck You 1

Just now, David Dennison said:

Bill Clinton lied under oath. You can't do that in a country that depends on the legitimacy of its courts. He deserved to be impeached. 

This is a legitimate argument.  

My point is saying, "I didn't like the results back then, so I'm going to use that to justify my argument now" is horseshit.  

Trump did it.  It was impeachable.  He got impeached.

It was removable, but the GOP buried its' head in the sand because team.  The Clinton trial had witnesses.  The GOP didn't want to hear any witnesses because they knew they would inculpate the President.  

3 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Perjury is a criminal offense.  So is obstruction of justice by influencing a witness to lie.  Clinton was stone cold guilty of both.

Bribery is also a criminal offense.  It was not in the Articles of Impeachment.  Because they could not meet the elements.

You don't need a criminal offense to impeach and remove. 

The bottom line here is that you can dress this pig up however you want.  It's just you making an excuse to maintain your support for the unsupportable. 

1 minute ago, Johnny Sack said:

Donald Trump broke the law by withholding the aid. That offense was included in the broader article regarding abuse of power. The elements of the crime did not need to be proved up.

Also, it wouldn't have mattered. 

That's why the important thing for posterity was to impeach him. That will never go away.

Just now, David Dennison said:

Donald Trump broke the law by withholding the aid. That offense was included in the broader article regarding abuse of power. The elements of the crime did not need to be proved up.

Also, it wouldn't have mattered. 

That's why the important thing for posterity was to impeach him. That will never go away.

Yep.  You fuckers won halftime.  Congrats!

4 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

It was good when Obama ignored W's war crimes and "moved forward" because it really taught the Republicans a good lesson about decency and following the rules and we haven't had any trouble from them since!

No time to prosecute war crimes when you’re committing your own war crimes.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

He lied under oath in a non criminal case. He should have been disbarred and (at worst) censured by Congress. 

The bar for impeachment should be Nixon level high.

8 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

He lied under oath in a non criminal case. He should have been disbarred and (at worst) censured by Congress. 

The bar for impeachment should be Nixon level high.

He did quite a bit more than that and his guilt was not in doubt.  He perjured himself in a civil case.  He perjured himself to a federal grand jury in a criminal case.  And he was obstructing justice by influencing witnesses to perjure themselves in sworn testimony and affidavits.

Yes.  He should also be prosecuted for the grift and embezzlement he is almost certainly doing but won't be discovered until he is out of office. And if he destroys evidence to cover it up, he should be charged for that. Every single thing he has done except for jaywalking. 

I also want NY State to pursue the charges they are holding til when he is out of office. 

2 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

He did quite a bit more than that and his guilt was not in doubt.  He perjured himself in a civil case.  He perjured himself to a federal grand jury in a criminal case.  And he was obstructing justice by influencing witnesses to perjure themselves in sworn testimony and affidavits.

It's literally just amazing. If there were crimes, they would have been included in the impeachment. People here actually believe there are crimes, but the Dems simply declined to include them.

Edited by Thetexashammer

7 hours ago, horn4life said:

I honestly believe we are still a nation where a majority has a sense of right and wrong.  

Whether or not the majority of this country supports Trump is not in question. Never have, never will. That's not what counts, unfortunately.

34 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

It's literally just amazing. If there were crimes, they would have been included in the impeachment. People here actually believe there are crimes, but the Dems simply declined to include them.

The politics board is full of absolute lunatics that should be medicated heavily and, it that doesn’t work, hospitalized.  

What is certainly true about Trump is that no President ever will fight as hard and be more willing to cheat to win the Presidency again than any in our nation's history.

As un-indicted co-conspirator, in the same case that sent Michel Cohen to prison the stakes are that he will be in jail by the end of 2021 if he does not win.  Unless good a good old rigged jury again helps him off the hook.

I wouldn't go after Trump in all honesty.  At least not until I passed a bill regarding the removal of taxpayer funded perks for any President convicted of a felony.  IN fact if the Dems were smart they should insert that little line into the next budget bill.  We have the most corrupt Whitehouse and administration ever right now.  A teeny tiny bit of honest search for truth by an honest justice department would unearth a treasure trove.

But should the guilty be put in jail? Again this only happens if the Dems win.  IF not you have 4 more years of stacking up lies and disinformation, with even greater corruption. For a lot of folks a good inherited economy is worth that.  But only for their guy this one time...

For once I'm in agreement with bt.  You go in planning to hold everyone accountable for crimes committed by Trump and the Republicans, but if you can use that possibility to leverage real anti-corruption legislation, including an amendment to overturn Citizen's United, then you take the opportunity.  Our country will fail, if it hasn't already, if steps aren't taken to hold bad actors accountable.  That means setting an example and/or putting mechanisms in place to prevent those actions from taking place in the future.  

Think about what you’re saying: “pass these laws or we will prosecute members of your party.”
Nope. Let Congress investigate and give professional, non political, career law enforcement criminal referrals for specific criminal actions. In parallel, push the anti corruption legislation you can sell. Do not commingle the two.

Not really my fight but good lord, he is at his personal best and getting stronger.  Literally the opposite of what you said.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/284156/trump-job-approval-personal-best.aspx

Jesus, this one fucking poll is getting so much play. It’s the only one which has shown a significant improvement . And Gallup really isn’t that great at political polling, unless you really believe Trump was 18 points down two months ago.

31 minutes ago, Tuco said:

Jesus, this one fucking poll is getting so much play. It’s the only one which has shown a significant improvement . And Gallup really isn’t that great at political polling, unless you really believe Trump was 18 points down two months ago.

This.  538 has him between 41-44, with Rasmussen (shocker) being the outlier at 48.

I think the most important thing the dems can accomplish if/when they next have a preponderance of power is to harden all the things that Trump has exposed as meaningless without the good faith of the President or the President's majority party.

If they can achieve that expeditiously and with bi-partisan support by avoiding being punitive, I would be fine with that.  If the GOP wants to balk at putting such protections in place, then make punitive justice the consequence and what happens to Trump and his GOP lackeys a dire warning against future wannabe despots.

On 2/4/2020 at 11:21 AM, atomheartbevo said:

I would be happy if all of the Russian money was exposed, complete with who took it.   Cue the audio about who the Russians are paying, and that Republicans should keep it in the family.  

Oh, and I’d like Epstein fully investigated, and everybody with ties to him to have their shit put on blast.  

And next week’s lottery numbers.   I’d like those as well.  

On 2/4/2020 at 5:00 PM, Johnny Sack said:

Sack is still so butthurt about "But Bill!" that he's willing to allow his guy to pressure foreign governments to interfere in our elections by withholding aid duly appropriated by Congress.

On 2/5/2020 at 9:57 AM, horn4life said:

What is certainly true about Trump is that no President ever will fight as hard and be more willing to cheat to win the Presidency again than any in our nation's history.

As un-indicted co-conspirator, in the same case that sent Michel Cohen to prison the stakes are that he will be in jail by the end of 2021 if he does not win.  Unless good a good old rigged jury again helps him off the hook.

I wouldn't go after Trump in all honesty.  At least not until I passed a bill regarding the removal of taxpayer funded perks for any President convicted of a felony.  IN fact if the Dems were smart they should insert that little line into the next budget bill.  We have the most corrupt Whitehouse and administration ever right now.  A teeny tiny bit of honest search for truth by an honest justice department would unearth a treasure trove.

But should the guilty be put in jail? Again this only happens if the Dems win.  IF not you have 4 more years of stacking up lies and disinformation, with even greater corruption. For a lot of folks a good inherited economy is worth that.  But only for their guy this one time...

LBJ and Box 13 says “your naive son”

• Fuck You 1

On 2/4/2020 at 11:53 AM, bad_teammate said:

You go in "yes". What you have in your back pocket is a suite of anti-corruption legislation and Constitutional amendments intended to prevent anything like this ever happening.

You go to the GOP and offer two options:

Option 1: We spend the next 4-8 years investigating and prosecuting everyone. We will find Trump's taxes and publish them. We will find everything and search under every rock.
Option 2: You pass everything we propose to prevent this happening again and we let sleeping dogs lie.

---

What WILL happen? Nothing.

This is the ideal scenario and the right one. 

But the Dems will pussy out and nothing will happen.  This country learned zero from the Reconstruction: stamp this virulent strain of racist nationalism out or it will continue to come back and corrupt our politics forever. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

What criminal offense would that be?

Isn't it always funny how lil' Sack never ever manages to answer a question.  Like when was the last thime you got laid?  WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU GOT LAID????!!!!???! (with vehement anger)

i would start with obstruction of justice questioning.  Remember lil' Johnny that Trump refused to answer a single question regarding obstruction.  Easy place to start, and fruit will be borne quickly once Trump is sworn in. Hell just Put Trump under oath and ask him three questions about ANYTHING and the odds are he will commit perjury by the third question.

The good new for Trump is Republicans are so used to not wanting to know the truth, that believing a lie is so fucking easy ,now it's habit.

38 minutes ago, horn4life said:

Isn't it always funny how lil' Sack never ever manages to answer a question.  Like when was the last thime you got laid?  WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU GOT LAID????!!!!???! (with vehement anger)

i would start with obstruction of justice questioning.  Remember lil' Johnny that Trump refused to answer a single question regarding obstruction.  Easy place to start, and fruit will be borne quickly once Trump is sworn in. Hell just Put Trump under oath and ask him three questions about ANYTHING and the odds are he will commit perjury by the third question.

The good new for Trump is Republicans are so used to not wanting to know the truth, that believing a lie is so fucking easy ,now it's habit.

You losers should try to impeach again.  It’s a solid strategy.  

Unless there is a recession in the next 9 months, Trump is going to steamroll whichever of the carnie freakshow Carnie the Dems nominate.  

an 80 year old commie who has a bad heart and was a jobless loser until until his mid 30a.  A gay small town mayor.  An old dementia addled groping former VP whose gaffes make Dan Quayle look like Daniel Webster.  A fake injun.  All extreme leftists.  This has potential for some high entertainment 

Edited by Johnny Sack
  • Fuck You 1