McMillion$

C-Man

Tonight's episode another 20' of content stretched to an hour ... I'll see it through to the end just to see if they share the name of the informant. Probably one of Uncle Jerry's exes or that crazy Dwight Baker sister-in-law.

Edited by Kyle

I actually thought last night's was pretty good.  I like when they are focused on the FBI portion of the the whole thing.

I thought the part about the accidental fax to the news was lulz... especially the U.S. attorney guy talking shit about Mathews doing it.

Well, I think this definitely should have only been 3-4 episodes but holy shit I did NOT see that reveal of the informant coming!!!

And if it’s really true that no one knew who it was and the reason they did it until this show, I’m gonna need a follow up with reactions from Robin and her son.

Goddamn, that was some cold, calculating shit.

And seriously Uncle Jerry - SEVEN WIVES????

Some people just ain’t marriage material, man. Just stop.

• Like 1

Wow. 

Pretty incredible in that he was able to pull off the scam because (a) he was accidentally sent a set of the hologram/seal stickers (b) the "auditor" that traveled with him was a moron.

Seriously - how is the audit trail valid if Jerry is out of sight of the auditor with the briefcase for extended periods of time?  Isn't the whole point of dual authentication and chain of custody that the item in question is never alone with one single person?

Also - I really could have done without the sad sack act from the two guys from North Carolina, especially the rancher dude who actually won on appeal. "I didn't know the game pieces were stolen... I just thought I was helping my buddy hide assets for his divorce..."  What in the actual fuck?!  That still makes you a scumbag scam artist, you dumb fucking rube.  But yeah, let's get some nice B-roll of you and your family getting ready for church.  Fuck him.

The real victims were the employees from the marketing firm and printing company who lost their jobs due to this merry band of dipshits.

Edited by oSuJeff97
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

So I'm not convinced on the informant.  Why didn't the FBI follow up with the IRS caller?  Seems to me that's the more likely informant, otherwise they would have gone after them too.

I think it was because they didn't know about her.  That's the point that Agent Mathews was making.  The IRS never informed the FBI, otherwise they would have been right there front and center trying to take some of the credit for busting the whole thing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Also - I really could have done without the sad sack act from the two guys from North Carolina, especially the rancher dude who actually won on appeal. "I didn't know the game pieces were stolen... I just thought I was helping my buddy hide assets for his divorce..."  What in the actual fuck?!  That still makes you a scumbag scam artist, you dumb fucking rube.  But yeah, let's get some nice B-roll of you and your family getting ready for church.  Fuck him.

The real victims were the employees from the marketing firm and printing company who lost their jobs due to this merry band of dipshits.

Aw, I liked George.

But agreed on the last line.

No sympathy for the "players" in this.  The most like-able person was the old ex-con.  He was at least honest and didn't try to act like he was a victim in all of this.  Jerry's "brother" was ok too.
I wonder how much money uncle Jerry is sitting on...

Only one I have sympathy for is Gloria.

I believe her when she says Robin brought her in and she didn’t realize it was a bad scene until she was in too deep and was scared for her safety from Colombo if she backed out because by then she knew too much.

I mean the dude was a legit member of the Colombo family.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Moby Ric said:

So Jerry stole 24 million and only has to pay back $370 a month and did 3 years in jail.  That is a Hell of a deal.  No wonder the other guy said he would do it again tomorrow.

Yep.  It's kind of the old adage that if you're going to steal money, don't steal $20,000, steal $20 million.   You steal $20,000, your ass is going to jail and you'll have to pay every cent back.  You steal $20 million, you might go to jail for a few years, but you'll never have to pay it all back and you probably have a bunch stashed away for when you get out.... just like Jerry.

14 minutes ago, Not a cat said:

So I assume that 24MM figure is just that he stole game pieces worth that amount.  How much did he actually pocket?  Seems that Colombo and the eventual "winners" were getting their cut too but I forget the actual numbers of that deal.

I read somewhere that he was selling most of the million dollar winners for $50K.  Plus he wasn't some mastermind, one person even screwed him out of his share.  I'm sure he got more from some, but don't think he pocketed nearly as much as one might think.

But three years of prison for what he did is bullshit.  Dude should have been put away for 20.

Edited by Wade

On 3/11/2020 at 12:01 PM, wutang75 said:

So - I gave up feeling there was no way there was enough content to make it worth the watch. Now it seems most of you enjoyed the entire thing? Should I binge?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'd say at the bare minimum it's worth it to watch episodes 1-3 and 6.  You'll pretty much get the whole story with those four.

Episode 4 focuses a lot on the personal lives of some of the perps.... I found it almost completely uninteresting. Highly skipable, IMO.

Episode 5 focuses on how a lot of the busts went down. I enjoyed that episode but others here didn't.

After 5 episodes of his batshit crazy mom and her antics, on top of a dead mob father, I expected the Colombo kid to be additional collateral damage from this bullshit. 

Surprising and nice to see that he turned out okay, had his own family, etc.  Kid is tough.

Did it say why Frank (Jerry Colombo’s brother) fell out with his mother such that they stopped talking, he never got to see Jerry’s son, and the drugged out lunatic Robin is the favorite daughter in law?

If Robin really had no idea who the informant was, I’d have loved to see her reaction Monday night watching that.