Thread of USMNT youth dominance

Goo Punch

We already have our UNMNT 2020 thread, and we'll continue to have those threads every year, but i wanted to make a thread where we exclusively post about all of the young guys coming up in the USMNT system- particularly a thread we could bump whenever one of them does something noteworthy, for people like me who don't religiously keep up with the ongoing MNT thread but want to see when one of our youngsters does something like this:

hopefully there's a lot more to post about young Gio coming soon. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WBT said:

Anyone watch Leverkusen-Dortmund today?  I did not and it looks like I missed a good one to watch.  Reyna subbed in at halftime.  Leverkusen won 4-3.

Reyna committed a needless foul behind the ball that cancelled a Sancho goal that would have taken the score to Lev 2 - 3 Dortmund. 

I can’t imagine the manager will allow him to see the field in their next match. It was a complete moron move. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just now noticed the Olympic Qualifying final round groups. Dominican Republic is going to get bent over for the goal differential. I still don’t see any reason as to why we shouldn’t make the semi’s but fuck having Mexico and Costa Rica in the same group sucks given our recent history.

Here’s the roster, lots of experience.

GOALKEEPERS (3): Matt Freese (Philadelphia Union; Wayne, Pa.), JT Marcinkowski (San Jose Earthquakes; Alamo, Calif.), David Ochoa (Real Salt Lake; Oxnard, Calif.)

DEFENDERS (6): Reggie Cannon (FC Dallas; Grapevine, Texas), Justen Glad (Real Salt Lake; Tucson, Ariz.), Chris Gloster (PSV Eindhoven/NED; Montclair, N.J.), Aaron Herrera (Real Salt Lake; Las Cruces, N.M.), Mark McKenzie (Philadelphia Union; Bear, Del.), Erik Palmer-Brown (Austria Wien/AUT; Lee’s Summit, Mo.)

MIDFIELDERS (6): Brenden Aaronson (Philadelphia Union; Medford, N.J.), Hassani Dotson (Minnesota United; Federal Way, Wash.), Richard Ledezma (PSV Eindhoven/NED; Phoenix, Ariz.), Djordje Mihailovic (Chicago Fire; Lemont, Ill.), Paxton Pomykal (FC Dallas; Highland Village, Texas), Jackson Yueill (San Jose Earthquakes; Bloomington, Minn.)

FORWARDS (5): Jeremy Ebobisse (Portland Timbers; Bethesda, Md.), Jesús Ferreira (FC Dallas; McKinney, Texas), Jonathan Lewis (Colorado Rapids; Plantation, Fla.), Ulysses Llanez (Wolfsburg/GER; Lynwood, Calif.), Sebastian Saucedo (UNAM Pumas/MEX; Park City, Utah)