State of the Union

Texas St. Armadillos

so many snowflakes raging today against Pelosi

could the Dems have finally figured out modern America's 5 second attention span?

make a distraction and people will forget all about the main message, tear up the speech and nobody will discuss the speech, even the orange twerp himself

11 minutes ago, pearlandhorn said:

Actually - I have seen my taxes go down (more money in my pocket every year).  What else you got?

Same here.  I think if you are married with dependents it was inevitable no matter bracket or how you lost in other ways. 

If you are single, things might be different.

Edited by JBJ

1 minute ago, Fozzz said:

Imagine looking at the history of the democratic party outside of FDR and think it has any interest whatsoever in class warfare.  That's why we have identity politics instead!

You're going to be extremely confused when Bernie becomes President, increases the federal minimum wage to a living wage, passes Medicare for All, and we still have racists in America.

Just now, wildcat09 said:

You're going to be extremely confused when Bernie becomes President, increases the federal minimum wage to a living wage, passes Medicare for All, and we still have racists in America.

Bernie's not a democrat.  

4 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

I am happy to see real wage growth even factoring inflation.  And am happy that the most robust growth is from the lowest wages.

Wage growth of 1-3%, contrasted against the economy (or at least the DJIA, which is a useful heuristic) nearly doubling in size over the same period. You're arguing that the policy that created that dichotomy is good for wage earners? Or are you just waiting for the trickle down to hit your chin?

All of y'all treating this like it was the annual OU game will be dealt with when I establish myself as the benevolent dictator of the United States.

The ship has sailed. I don’t want a benevolent dictator. I want a throat-slitting motherfucker. New rules, time to play under them.

8 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

I am happy to see real wage growth even factoring inflation.  And am happy that the most robust growth is from the lowest wages.

Do you know why the lowest wages have the most robust growth?

That's right, kids . . . minimum wage increases that were opposed at every step by conservative doomsayers.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, pacman said:

could the Dems have finally figured out modern America's 5 second attention span?

make a distraction and people will forget all about the main message, tear up the speech and nobody will discuss the speech, even the orange twerp himself

Yep.

2 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Wage growth of 1-3%, contrasted against the economy (or at least the DJIA, which is a useful heuristic) nearly doubling in size over the same period. You're arguing that the policy that created that dichotomy is good for wage earners? Or are you just waiting for the trickle down to hit your chin?

Yes.  It is very good.  Wages do not correlate to the Dow.  When it falls 20% in a bad year wages don't get cut 20%.

The dow going up is a good thing for Americans.  Considering the majority of Americans are invested in the stock market.

1 minute ago, Johnny Sack said:

Okay.

Seriously, the blue collar populist movement started with the tea party and Pailin. There is a reason that movement demonized the "RINO" Republicans, the former country club and Rockefeller Republicans and other "elites" while simultaneously targeting Appalachia with populism. The entire strategy was built around harnessing class strife which coincidently happened to take place in the poorest States in the country.

8 minutes ago, pacman said:

You can tell Pelosi triggered the Trumpkins last night because the Sack is back to day drinking and spewing out his MAGA bullshit. 

Reminds me of before the midterms when the persecution of frat daddy kavanaugh got all the Trumpkins fired up, right before getting steamrolled in the midterm elections. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Same here.  I think if you are married with dependents it was inevitable no matter bracket or how you lost in other ways. 

If you are single, things might be different.

Nope, not inevitable.  Married + 3 dependents.  Taxes went up.

3 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Yes.  It is very good.  Wages do not correlate to the Dow.  When it falls 20% in a bad year wages don't get cut 20%.

The dow going up is a good thing for Americans.  Considering the majority of Americans are invested in the stock market.

What percentage of Americans are invested in the stock market?

57 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

The Dems should run on telling voters the economy really isn't doing well right now.  Don't trust your lying eyes!

The amount of jobs being created despite 3.5% unemployment is fantastic for the country.  Any able bodied person not working now just does not want to work.

It's smoke and mirrors.  

When I lived in Texas, I noticed my neighbor was doing very, very well.  He was a cop, she was a school teacher, and yet they had all these fancy toys. Jet skis etc... I actually asked, jokingly, if he was selling dope on the side.  Turns out that they had refinanced their house and maxed out their credit cards. One day they got foreclosed. 

I say this as a conservative. 

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

That study was from 2013 to 2018.  When low wage earners wage increases were in line with medium and higher wage earner increases.  So no, that does not explain why starting in 2018 the low wage earners salary increases started outpacing mid and high earners.

Just in case you are still trying to hide that little bit of knowledge you have, so your white liberal masters can feel safe..you're the dope dealer slanging bullshit policies and ideals. 
Do better next time. If you can. Or if they let you.

I can see why you oppose any Red Flag Gun legislation.

And I don’t sell drugs nigga, I do them.

But I’m out, I didn’t want to respond to you in the first place cause I’m black enough to know you keep this kind of shit amongst ourselves. Yet you revel in Johnny’s admiration.

Keep shuckin’ and jivin Unc.

That study was from 2013 to 2018.  When low wage earners wage increases were in line with medium and higher wage earner increases.  So no, that does not explain why starting in 2018 the low wage earners salary increases started outpacing mid and high earners.

It's because of minimum wage increases. Increases you don't support.

4 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

It's smoke and mirrors.  

When I lived in Texas, I noticed my neighbor was doing very, very well.  He was a cop, she was a school teacher, and yet they had all these fancy toys. Jet skis etc... I actually asked, jokingly, if he was selling dope on the side.  Turns out that they had refinanced their house and maxed out their credit cards. One day they got foreclosed. 

I say this as a conservative. 

Yep. That neighbor is basically our government at this point. We just have a much higher limit on the credit card. 

Edited by 4th&Five

So no, that does not explain why starting in 2018 the low wage earners salary increases started outpacing mid and high earners.

call me crazy, but I don't think any amount of data would convince you that anything but your GOD EMPEROR was responsible. Because you're really arbitrarily choosing to rule out facts that don't support your position, and yet dropping in random charts without context just to shitpost gifs, anastasis-style.

2 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

So, no.

You don't have any data to back up that assertion. 

I do. You just don't like it.

Here's what the CBO thinks would happen: https://www.cbo.gov/system/files/2019-07/CBO-55410-MinimumWage2019.pdf

It's amazing what minimum wage laws do for low wage earners.

Edited by David Dennison

2 minutes ago, Captainant said:

call me crazy, but I don't think any amount of data would convince you that anything but your GOD EMPEROR was responsible. Because you're really arbitrarily choosing to rule out facts that don't support your position, and yet dropping in random charts without context just to shitpost gifs, anastasis-style.

Maybe something pertinent to the timeframe in the chart?  

I posted an article about wal mart, starting in Feb 2018, increasing starting pay due to tax cuts from $9 to $11.  See that is actually relevant.

Minimum wage workers make up less than 3% of the hourly workers in the USA.

47 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Yeah but all those Republicans and Independents and those 30% of Democrats aren’t sufficiently woke and are clearly out of touch with what Americans should want.  

AOC told me so.

Polls are all FAKE NEWS.  MAGAts told me so.