State of the Union

Texas St. Armadillos

State of the Union addresses have always been a farce, DJT just took it to 11. Trump is a dada artist mocking the thin veneer of previous practices of political decorum. By turning the SOTU into the theater of the absurd we are forced to ask ourselves how we got here.

• Like 5

Just now, F250 said:

State of the Union addresses have always been a farce, DJT just took it to 11. Trump is a dada artist mocking the thin veneer of previous practices of political decorum. By turning the SOTU into the theater of the absurd we are forced to ask ourselves how we got here.

Most electrifying entertainer in political entertainment history!

Man the white guys on the republican side that he’s shaking hands with...? Holy crap they are really weird looking. Like super white in a way I don’t normally see. And I work with a lot of white guys. Just odd looking people.

1 minute ago, troph said:

Man the white guys on the republican side that he’s shaking hands with...? Holy crap they are really weird looking. Like super white in a way I don’t normally see. And I work with a lot of white guys. Just odd looking people.

Gotta get a pic for the reelection campaign.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Missed the beginning. Apparently there was drama?

Before the speech Trump turned and quickly handed copies of the speech to Pence and Pelosi, then turned back around.  Didn't attempt to shake hands with either, but as he was turning away Pelosi reached her hand out and then acted all goofy that he didn't turn back around and shake it.  Quite possible he didn't even see her reach out.  Or maybe he's firing Pence and thus shunned them both.

Like him or hate him, the dude can give a speech

You must not listen to him often. He’s usually fumbling and bumbling along, slurred speech, mispronounced words, rambling. He did well tonight but he probably was pleaded with to stay on the script of the speech writer, he usually does not though.

2 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

Trump straight up snubbed Pelosi on a handshake attempt

Also mother of Sandy Hook kid was kicked out or something like that or might've been something about eating out the ass of a midget but I wasn't paying much attention.

Edited by SimonBolivar