State of the Union

Texas St. Armadillos

7 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

This speech is already the equivalent of Griffey hitting the warehouse at Camden Yards

Thanks for the report sir. Now I know it totally sucked, was just trump talking over and over about how great he supposedly is, and I didn’t even have to watch it. Keep us updated sir. Thx. 

17 minutes ago, BNB said:

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

People realize the female Democrats were wearing white in tribute to the women's suffrage movement correct? That women in the Democratic party number enough that wearing white stands out as compared to the GOP whose members are mostly male and whose whiteness reflects their skin is rather symbolic not of the Klan, but of something else I would say to Miss Cindy. Ryan S would probably prefer that she not be allowed to vote at all, except the GOP will need every vote.

I didn't watch the SOTU. There was a movie with Ewan McGregor and Scarlett Johanssen and they are much easier on the eyes and ears. I did see a few video clips from the event and have read through this topic, but I do have a question for you all. The President made it through most of the talk without trouble, but he did have one or two spasms followed by difficulty with his speech directly afterwards. In the next nine months, how willing is the Administration to cover up what are his increasingly obvious neurological health issues?

While some reporters attribute them to his drug dependency, I would argue that the apparent stroke he suffered back in November is evidence of something more serious. He is not capable of debating, he would have too many brain blips to stay coherent. Reagan ,at least , started with a modicum of intelligence, but Trump was 100 yards off the field before his decline began. The next nine months are going to be a race for the GOP to keep him propped up until Pence can take over on inauguration day.

• Like 4

I guess you missed the point of the clip and the sarcastic response. Democrats say on their hands the whole time during his speech and couldn't be happy about the things going well overall and for minorities in this economy.

14 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

People realize the female Democrats were wearing white in tribute to the women's suffrage movement correct? That women in the Democratic party number enough that wearing white stands out as compared to the GOP whose members are mostly male and whose whiteness reflects their skin is rather symbolic not of the Klan, but of something else I would say to Miss Cindy. Ryan S would probably prefer that she not be allowed to vote at all, except the GOP will need every vote.

I didn't watch the SOTU. There was a movie with Ewan McGregor and Scarlett Johanssen and they are much easier on the eyes and ears. I did see a few video clips from the event and have read through this topic, but I do have a question for you all. The President made it through most of the talk without trouble, but he did have one or two spasms followed by difficulty with his speech directly afterwards. In the next nine months, how willing is the Administration to cover up what are his increasingly obvious neurological health issues?

While some reporters attribute them to his drug dependency, I would argue that the apparent stroke he suffered back in November is evidence of something more serious. He is not capable of debating, he would have too many brain blips to stay coherent. Reagan ,at least , started with a modicum of intelligence, but Trump was 100 yards off the field before his decline began. The next nine months are going to be a race for the GOP to keep him propped up until Pence can take over on inauguration day.

Thanks for explaining the white clothing, Mrs. W. 

On his appearance - He does not look well. I don't know why he would want to go through ringer anymore. All of the things he loved are gone. He must be lonely. The Presidency isn't fun anymore for him. He has to behave. He wants to be the Belle of the Ball, but he is in an episode of Saved by the Bell - Detention! He and Biden should ride off into the sunset - some comic version of Jefferson and Adams as they sit on a porch sharing stories of the good old days over whisky. Hell they could monetize the hell out of that. They would love to make people laugh. 

For the Trump supporters - What are Republicans going to do if Trump backs out of the race? Run Pence? That might fire up the old base. Remember them? Their so-called thought leaders went Democratic - but no one wants them there either. See MSNBC for your Old Republican Friends. And - they loathe Trump Supporters and say that every.single.day to millions. They might stomach Pence, but what they really want is someone who will destroy Trump supporters. Romney to the Rescue? 

Trump's health is a growing issue. And remember all those arguments that Hillary was too feeble to assume office? The boomerang effect in serial elections is a nasty side-effect of any hard attack. Good for the goose is, after all, good for the gander? No?

1 hour ago, Longhorn said:

It’s going to be pure comedy when Trump gives out laminated copies of his speech to the Speaker next year. 

That or not give her a copy would be equally funny.  This didn’t upset or trigger me as much as I found it funny. It showed her to be petty and childish, and perhaps mentally unstable after watching her mumbling to herself all evening.

The real fun was watching the Democrats squirm knowing they will be listening to Trump giving the SOTU several more times.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

The real fun was watching the Democrats squirm knowing they will be listening to Trump giving the SOTU several more times.

Liberal tears, I presume?

There are higher callings in life - unless, of course, you are a Nihilist. 

What is the ideology of Trump through your eyes. No need to rush the response. 

• Like 1

I’m imagining this speech said by a big burly man with tears in his eyes saying this directly to trump with a lot of “sirs” thrown in for good measure. 

“Sir. My flame resistant oil field clothing business has totally sucked for the last 25 years yet we endured on until now, you, and only you, have manage to increased it by 30 percent and I can finally make my monthly child support payment. Kids are in their 20s now though. 

Sniff sniff. 

Thank you sir.”

But is he straight out of central casting?

02eded6a00572085db6123221e0ac65b.jpg

She finally lost her cool. I wonder what she is like mad? I don't think I'd want that directed at me. That is a white hot anger of a type A personality. Anyway, he told a lot of lies, especially about wanting to keep  pre-existing conditions. I guess if he can rename Obama Care, Trumpcare , then he'd be fine with it. He is such a demented child.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Fuck fake catharsis through symbolic but meaningless action.  Someone worth a damn needs to take control of the Democratic Party if we are going to win this war.

Pelosi was behaving oddly the entire time.  She looked like she had  a telenovella on a tablet up there.  There were noticeable mood swings and reactions that didn't even follow the speech.

Overall, it was quite a neutral speech and built to appeal to the soccer-mom crowd if anything.  Heavy emphasis on minorities as well.

4 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

She finally lost her cool. I wonder what she is like mad? I don't think I'd want that directed at me. That is a white hot anger of a type A personality. Anyway, he told a lot of lies, especially about wanting to keep  pre-existing conditions. I guess if he can rename Obama Care, Trumpcare , then he'd be fine with it. He is such a demented child.

It’s amazing how badly Republicans lie about saving pre-existing conditions when they have litigated its removal in courts for most of the last decade. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

Thanks for the report sir. Now I know it totally sucked, was just trump talking over and over about how great he supposedly is, and I didn’t even have to watch it. Keep us updated sir. Thx. 

Please live stream your mental break down this fall when trump is re-elected. 

That moment when you realize that trump has won and your spirit breaks.... I want to inject that straight into my veins.

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

44 minutes ago, BNB said:

I guess you missed the point of the clip and the sarcastic response. Democrats say on their hands the whole time during his speech and couldn't be happy about the things going well overall and for minorities in this economy.

Apologies, I did miss that. I have only myself to blame for that although a cup of coffee may help!

@washparkhorn Trump will not back out of the race. The Surly contingent that maintains he will not go willingly nor gently is spot on IMO. The various agencies that have a longer term vision for America have used him to their advantage and will support and enable him to achieve their goals: the State Dept, the Justice Dept, SCOTUS, Education, Energy, Commerce (let no virus go to waste to help the economy), EPA, Dept of the Interior, Homeland Security, and the various military branches. This vision seems to be one that superficially many admire but underneath has many faults and fissures which will be tested in the days, months and years to come.

9 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Trump calls members of the press “enemies of the people”, tweets daily demeaning nicknames of Democrats, utters veiled threats of violence against his opponents, belittles and undermines our allies BUT OMG NANCY PELOSI RIPPED UP A COPY OF A SPEECH!!!!!

Should’ve ripped that dead orange muskrat he calls a toupee off his dementia riddled bloated head.

She looked like she was having trouble getting that first rip started.  Long term alcohol abuse has serious health consequences.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Js1 said:

It’s amazing how badly Republicans lie about saving pre-existing conditions when they have litigated its removal in courts for most of the last decade. 

One thing that you have to realize about that gang of thugs is that they’ve been such fanatically devoted slaves to corporate and wealthy interests for so long that it has stripped them of their pride. 

Too much pride is always a downfall, but having no pride at all also rids one of two things: honor and shame. These useless sacks of shit have no honor, and they have no shame.

Edited by hpslugga
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

At last, we get to the important questions.

Trump's sell out of his base leaves many speechless. But for greed - for him and his buddies - he could have actually helped his base of support. Instead he sold them out and provides them with a circus to keep their eyes off the men behind the curtain. Politically - that is suicide. He thinks he can pull it off and convince his supporters has their best interests in mind. They will come around. Right now they just want to know if Trump did actually betray them. They know he would - because that is part of his flexing. They just never thought he would do it to them. 

Edited by washparkhorn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BNB said:

They were happy when Trump floated about murdering brown people in other countries though. 

19 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

She looked like she was having trouble getting that first rip started.  Long term alcohol abuse has serious health consequences.

Probably not the right tactic for Trump. He is not looking good at all. He looks exhausted. I don't know that he cares for the Presidential tasks anymore. Just too tired.

24 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Please live stream your mental break down this fall when trump is re-elected. 

That moment when you realize that trump has won and your spirit breaks.... I want to inject that straight into my veins.

Only if you get me that ten grand you owe me. Those rats aren’t free.

58 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

That or not give her a copy would be equally funny.  This didn’t upset or trigger me as much as I found it funny. It showed her to be petty and childish, and perhaps mentally unstable after watching her mumbling to herself all evening.

You Trumpkins are easily amused by the dumbest things. 

Maybe next year trump should smash a watermelon with a mallet and have the watermelon land on Congress in the front row.

Har har. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Probably not the right tactic for Trump. He is not looking good at all. He looks exhausted. I don't know that he cares for the Presidential tasks anymore. Just too tired.

He is taking shorter and shorter walks in his appearances (the golf picture was not current). His physical is this week, or at least it usually is. Don't know what Phase 2 is supposed to cover, but the odds of anyone saying anything other than 'great health,' right before his rally in NH are low. He has been stressing the economy, understandably, regardless of that erroneous line of thinking (tying the President to the economy for better/worse), and it looks like that might hold on for another nine months. Technically, I believe he can fire Jerome Powell (correct?) and if any cracks begin to grow large enough, I could see him moving on the Fed much more aggressively. Dangerous territory we are in right now as it is, but with emotions running high, add in economic instability and this thing could blow. If Trump starts declining rapidly, who is truly running things behind the scenes? Pence? I doubt it. Pompeo is pretty intelligent, ambitious, and has no problem lying. I speculate he is laying some serious ground work right now to keep the GOP ship afloat if it springs a leak.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
Addition

7 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

He is taking shorter and shorter walks in his appearances (the golf picture was not current). His physical is this week, or at least it usually is. Don't know what Phase 2 is supposed to cover, but the odds of anyone saying anything other than 'great health,' right before his rally in NH are low. He has been stressing the economy, understandably, regardless of that erroneous line of thinking (tying the President to the economy for better/worse), and it looks like that might hold on for another nine months. Technically, I believe he can fire Jerome Powell (correct?) and if any cracks begin to grow large enough, I could see him moving on the Fed much more aggressively. Dangerous territory we are in right now as it is, but with emotions running high, add in economic instability and this thing could blow. If Trump starts declining rapidly, who is truly running things behind the scenes? Pence? I doubt it. Pompeo is pretty intelligent, ambitious, and has no problem lying. I speculate he is laying some serious ground work right now to keep the GOP ship afloat if it springs a leak.

It is concerning. I am not sure how much they are letting him touch the grown-up things anymore.

Funny thing about the Putin experience is the fact he will never leave office because he knows his ass will be grass as soon as he is no longer able to control that oligarchy in Russia. Frontline had a good 2015 documentary on why Putin can never step down from power in Russia called Putin's Way. . https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/film/putins-way/

Trump is trapped like Colonel Kutz in Apocalypse Now.

We live in interesting times. 

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

All 50 states had preexisting condition laws prior to the ACA.  They vary somewhat by condition and look-back, but this is the biggest red-herring there ever was.

All 50 states also had Guaranteed Renewal.

8 hours ago, markstanco said:

What is a maga turd? A person who is glad the economy is doing well?

Is an economy run on the back of a trillion dollar yearly deficit really doing well?

I bet the economy would be even better if we were running 2 trillion dollar deficits! Yee Haw!!!

10 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

ITrump is trapped like Colonel *Kutz in Apocalypse Now.

We live in interesting times. 

*Kurtz. The character was based on a similarly named character from Conrad's Heart of Darkness. Had to read that in HS.

Except I doubt Trump will exhale, "The horror....the horror!!!!" when he passes. He's more likely to expire mumbling "hammmmberderrrrrr."

• Like 3

I will say it's bullshit Rush got a medal for having cancer. He should have to beat it first.

@Brothahorn is the living embodiment of three things I don’t think I’ve actually seen in my day-to-day:
(1) not all skin folk is kin folk
(2) the black friend in “I’m not racist, I’ve got a black friend”
and my personal favorite:
“But don't let it be a black and a white one
'Cause they'll slam ya down to the street top
Black police showin' out for the white cop
Ice Cube will swarm
On any motherfucker in a blue uniform”

you support a dude who gave the nations highest honor to this dude:

whatever the fuck you think your doin, this ain’t it Chief. keep dancin for Johnny tho homie.

1 hour ago, Enchubben said:

If it was me next year I would give her a copy of the Constitution instead and double dog dare her to tear it up on camera. And for all the deluded idiots here who think he won't be giving a SOTU speech next year......

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

By the way, great optics, last night.  An African-American girl gets a scholarship to attend the school of her choice and they cut to a shot of all the Democrat congresswomen and not one of them stand up or clap.  These idiots are so damn stupid and unable of processing anything more complicated than "Trump bad" that they are starring in a Trump re-election ad and don't even have the self awareness to realize it.

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

55 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

You Trumpkins are easily amused by the dumbest things. 

Maybe next year trump should smash a watermelon with a mallet and have the watermelon land on Congress in the front row.

Har har. 

Don't give the Democrats any more ideas on how to decide the winner of a Democrat caucus.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, washparkhorn said:

Trump's sell out of his base leaves many speechless. But for greed - for him and his buddies - he could have actually helped his base of support. Instead he sold them out and provides them with a circus to keep their eyes off the men behind the curtain. Politically - that is suicide. He thinks he can pull it off and convince his supporters has their best interests in mind. They will come around. Right now they just want to know if Trump did actually betray them. They know he would - because that is part of his flexing. They just never thought he would do it to them. 

Are you the same washpark from hornfans? If so, the GOPs have lost another able voice.