Every point scored in Super Bowl history, assigned by college

DallasHorn26

How the hell is Michigan so low?  Brady doesn’t get his points?

Tech has Mahomes, Bam Morris, Sammy Morris, Timmy Smith( still the biggest WTF game by anyone in a SB ever, IMHO,) and Lin Elliott?

Edited by Iceman

2 minutes ago, Iceman said:

AN IMPORTANT NOTE: The NFL’s calculations for individual scoring do not award any points to a quarterback who throws a touchdown pass. All six of those points go to the receiver. That means several accomplished QBs, like Troy Aikman, have not, by this definition, ever scored a point in the Super Bowl. Surely this will not perturb Troy in the slightest.

Is this unfair? Perhaps! You should register your complaints about this and any other sporting injustice by sending a letter to this address:

According to the article, the points go to the receiver.

What a weird stat to track down for a few clicks. And what a weird rule to implement re QBs. I really wish Tyreke Hill was not such a fucking scumbag. He'll be scoring some SB points likely with KC going forward, but he is not an OSU grad, he is a proud alum of Western Alabama, who apparently likes domestic abusers as much as the folks in KC.

7 minutes ago, Iceman said:

1 minute ago, 'stache said:

What a weird stat to track down for a few clicks. And what a weird rule to implement re QBs. I really wish Tyreke Hill was not such a fucking scumbag. He'll be scoring some SB points likely with KC going forward, but he is not an OSU grad, he is a proud alum of Western Alabama, who apparently likes domestic abusers as much as the folks in KC.

Maybe spend 20 seconds reading the first few paragraphs next time. The article is constructed around how the NFL officially accounts for the scoring stats and they’re tracked yearly for the Super Bowl. There was zero author discretion or work in getting to the stats. 

7 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Fozzy Whittaker with Carolina. Are kickers "skill players"? Probably not. If so, we get Justin Tucker and Raul Allegre. Wasn't Garrett Gilbert a backup for Brady one year the Pats went?

Yeah, according to the article, Tucker and Allegre were the only one's of have scored in a SB per their point tracking.

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Maybe spend 20 seconds reading the first few paragraphs next time. The article is constructed around how the NFL officially accounts for the scoring stats and they’re tracked yearly for the Super Bowl. There was zero author discretion or work in getting to the stats. 

I understand the parameters.

I disagree with them.

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Can’t even just simply admit that you hadn’t read the setup with your initial whine, slorch? You know fully well you didn’t understand the parameters before flying off with your original take. 

Lolz dramatic gotcha denied.

Go fuck yourself.

7 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Lolz dramatic gotcha denied.

Go fuck yourself.

There’s nothing dramatic here but your reaction and simple defensiveness to being clearly wrong. You “got” yourself, dipshit. I’m just regularly amazed at your continued willingness to perpetuate the stereotype that Texas Tech people are near illiterates that lack the basic skills involved with reading comprehension and rhetorical logic, but you do you. 

Can’t even just simply admit that you hadn’t read the setup with your initial whine, slorch? You know fully well you didn’t understand the parameters before flying off with your original take. 

Wait Iceman = slorch? Where the hell have I been?

Today I learned that seemingly life-long football fans don't realize that points scored is an official stat and that said points are credited to the player that possesses the ball in the end zone or kicks the ball through the uprights.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/leaders/points-player-career.html

Edited by WBT
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Iceman said:

yet QBs are credited with passing TDs.

weird as fuck, eh?

Not really.  They are two entirely different statistics.  One of them is points scored.  The other one is passing touchdowns.  The guy throwing the ball did not score the points anymore than the left tackle who kept the QB upright did.  It's pretty simple until you Slorch it all up and make it complicated.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Iceman said:

yet QBs are credited with passing TDs.

weird as fuck, eh?

12 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

Not really.  They are two entirely different statistics.  One of them is points scored.  The other one is passing touchdowns.  The guy throwing the ball did not score the points anymore than the left tackle who kept the QB upright did.  It's pretty simple until you Slorch it all up and make it complicated.  

3 hours ago, Iceman said:

I understand the parameters.

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, markstanco said:

Hey, why didnt pat mahomes get any points for passing TDs?  What about jason garrett when he was troys backup? 

giphy.gif

15 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

Not really.  It’s a passing TD, with which the passer credited for half of the play, otherwise, it would just be passing yards...

all you motherfuckers can fuck right off too...lolz.  Not like you UT mofos know the difference in quality QB play...

Edited by Iceman
  • Fuck You 6

Not really.  It’s a passing TD, with which the passer credited for half of the play, otherwise, it would just be passing yards...

all you motherfuckers can fuck right off too...lolz.  Not like you UT mofos know the difference in quality QB play...

Wow. You really don’t understand what “points scored” means. A TD pass is like an RBI in baseball or an assist in basketball or hockey. That’s not what this article is about.

12 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Tell us about all of Tech's championships, bruh. Maybe y'all should take a page from your buddies the ags and just make shit up.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Tell us about all of Tech's championships, bruh. Maybe y'all should take a page from your buddies the ags and just make shit up.

Yeah.  I’m always on here talking shit that way.  Hell, I don’t even like the the tone of the little segment on Tech in the article.  It’s very fucking arbitrary and then the author starts shit talking the rest of the state. The schools don’t even really own much of that.

I doubt  a lot of fans, and certainly most casual observers have any idea where Raheem Mostert, Travis Kelce, or George Kittle even went to school.  Nor does it really even freaking matter.

Edited by Iceman

I'm stunned Nebraska had 54.  Irving Fryar? Andra Franklin? Kickers maybe?  I have no clue really.

What I do know is that since KC went and fucked shit up, winning a SB title in my lifetime, now the fucking Dolphins are currently the team with the longest stretch between winning a SB and winning a SB. 

Fuck you Chiefs

3 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

I'm stunned Nebraska had 54.  Irving Fryar? Andra Franklin? Kickers maybe?  I have no clue really.

What I do know is that since KC went and fucked shit up, winning a SB title in my lifetime, now the fucking Dolphins are currently the team with the longest stretch between winning a SB and winning a SB. 

Fuck you Chiefs

Roger Craig,  Rathman,  and Fryar off the top...  You forgot about the niners' RBs?

then from this: https://www.huskermax.com/super-bowl-huskers/

a defensive TD: Eric Johnson(SB XXXVII) and  a safety HENRY WAECHTER against NE in SB XX

Josh Brown kicked in SB XL

Edited by Iceman
  • Like 1