2020 NASCAR Thread

Lat22

I’ve only watched a few endings of the Daytona 500. 

I watched Dale Sr.’s last race and today I was on the phone with my roommate from that race as I watched the end of today’s race. 

The lack of comment on Newman’s Status from Jeff Gordon and the other guy before signing off is not a good sign. 

I'm honestly surprised he survived the wreck, given how much the driver's side roof caved in.  I'd guess that first direct hit while he was airborne weakened the roof before landing on it.  Plus fire.  Holy hell what a nightmare crash.

Joe Gibb needs to fire some people.  Hamlin and his crew may be the most tone deaf morons in NASCAR.  What a terrible look to keep celebrating like that.  Did no one tell Denny about Newman's condition?  Scumbags.

Edited by clapclapclap

My gut says if they were sure he’d survive, we’d have some kind of update, or leaked news from one of the dozens of people that would have heard by now, outside of “he’s awake”.    Pit crew and their family members, journalists who are buddies with the team, etc.   somebody would have said something.  

It’s amazing how much safety equipment has improved since Earnhardt’s wreck. You watch it now and it doesn’t look as bad as a lot of what you see now. Saying that, I get a sick feeling with the hit on the roof/window. There just isn’t much room there for a lot of movement.