2020 NASCAR Thread

Lat22

6 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Live sports. I’ll take it over euro soccer. 

NASCAR running with no fans in the stands isn't much of an adjustment. Only the hotdog and T-shirt guys lose.

Wow, Keselowski got fat. Looks like he's going the Al, Jr route.

Edited by RPM
cholesterol

• 3 weeks later...

Always someone who's response to Black Lives Matter is Blue Live Matter:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/15/us/nascar-thin-blue-line-car-trnd/index.html

Had to look up the car owner, Rick Harmon who is also a driver. 0-285 record in the Xfinity series with a top finish of 23rd in one race in 2003. Impressive that he could hang on for 19 seasons with that record. 

How in the hell did this happen? The tracks are completely shut down but for the teams. I guess some hillbilly janitor could have done it but damn.

That said, Talladega is the most backwards ass redneck place I’ve ever been. If it could happen anywhere, it could happen there.

I'm holding out for the "Jussie Factor," not that i suspect Wallace, but someone not on the crazy assed, insane white boy contingent.
My guess is, we'll never know.
Lolwut. There were cameras and I think there's a 100% chance they find out who did it. I don't think there's any way it's a Jussie Smollett situation, lots of racists on my Twitter and Facebook feeds who wasted no time in saying it was staged though. Looking forward to blocking a few hours out of my time tonight reading all their apologies.

Enviado desde mi SM-G973U mediante Tapatalk

I'm sure Jussie Smollett was the one who hired a plane to pull a Confederate flag over the track yesterday, too. 

Yeah you would never expect something like that to happen in the great state of
*Checks notes*

Alabama.

4 hours ago, Lat22 said:

I guess some hillbilly janitor could have done it but damn.

That said, Talladega is the most backwards ass redneck place I’ve ever been. If it could happen anywhere, it could happen there.

4 hours ago, Iceman said:

I'm holding out for the "Jussie Factor," not that i suspect Wallace, but someone not on the crazy assed, insane white boy contingent.

My guess is, we'll never know.

I'm thinking it's 70/30 Alabama Rednecks in the lead.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iodeac said:

Lolwut. There were cameras and I think there's a 100% chance they find out who did it. I don't think there's any way it's a Jussie Smollett situation, lots of racists on my Twitter and Facebook feeds who wasted no time in saying it was staged though. Looking forward to blocking a few hours out of my time tonight reading all their apologies.

I hope we absolutely find out.  Either way.

Whatchu doing following racists on twitter for?

I honestly don't know what people see in this "car hobby show."  

Ah yes, a chance to display vitriolic hatred for blacks and right hand turns.  What a glorious thing to behold.  I'm sure there's a fantasy league element, but please don't tell me how you get bonus points.  I remember Sundays in this country, people used to read and fish.  What a time.

Edited by Lobo

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

I honestly don't know what people see in this "car hobby show."  

Ah yes, a chance to display vitriolic hatred for blacks and right hand turns.  What a glorious thing to behold.  I'm sure there's a fantasy league element, but please don't tell me how you get bonus points.  I remember Sundays in this country, people used to read and fish.  What a time.

they turn to the left, bro...'cept at Watkins Glen...

• Like 1

Yeah, hence me saying their display of 'vitriolic hatred for blacks and right hand turns.'  Meaning, that hatred is why they always turn to the left.  

If I said that I have 'vitriolic hatred for people intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.'  That means, I hate the intolerant and the Dutch.  

When you say you like or hate two things, and then you list the two things...the second one also counts in the sentence of hatred.  

I hope Dave Moody learned what a real fire breathing racist looks like.  It's not the guy who would dare consider that this whole thing might have been staged by an insider.  Oh no no no.  The real live racist is the son of your close friends Mike and Angie Skinner.