2020 NASCAR Thread

Lat22

Looks like that loop is not on the door in 2020. So if the loop was there on the door in 2019 but not in 2020 ... what does it mean? Is that where the 2020 'noose' was supposed to have been found, or was it somewhere else?

EbMXowHXgAIrTRM?format=jpg&name=900x900

1 hour ago, wood said:

Looks like that loop is not on the door in 2020. So if the loop was there on the door in 2019 but not in 2020 ... what does it mean? Is that where the 2020 'noose' was supposed to have been found, or was it somewhere else?

EbMXowHXgAIrTRM?format=jpg&name=900x900

It was cut by either the person they expect to find or the team confusing it to be a noose

We just don't know if it was cut and displayed somewhere else or somebody went overboard and thought a rope with a circle tied at the end was a statement.

If it's the latter holy shit does Nascar and that team have egg on its face. It's not Juicy Smollett levels of bad but it's not good.

A bunch of mechanics didn't recognize it as being the rope to pull the garage door down?  Bullshit. Absolute bullshit.  But hey, no such thing as bad publicity for a sport that desperately needs it.

At least they outed Mike and Angie Skinner's boy.  And fuck you Dave The Godfather Moody.

• Like 2

Bubba never personally saw it. 

And yeah, this is embarrassing, and I'm sure it will give illusory "credibility" to all manner of dipshits who want to validate their dumb and/or racist blatherings, but given the context (historic race-related unrest, the banning of the Confederate flag at NASCAR events, the flying of a Confederate flag over the track that day, and all the toxic shit all over social media) I guess I can at least understand how a person might have misperceived things. Remember the concept of priming from psych 101?

And all the people who are gleefully spiking the football don't exactly seem to be especially well-meaning in their delight that this wasn't actually a hateful act. 

Edited by Prepuce of Doom
  • Like 2

Bullshit.   It was just miraculously discovered/ concocted at a time of peak interest/ controversy.

How convenient.
Do you want this to be true on the noose? I hope not. Seems like it. I have researched very little. Said it was there in 2019. If you or me tie a garage pull into a noose knot does that make us a racist? I wouldn't think so, maybe it was the crew in that bay last year telling whoever the driver was to kill himself in jest for driving bad? Who TF knows man.

4 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Do you want this to be true on the noose? I hope not. Seems like it. I have researched very little. Said it was there in 2019. If you or me tie a garage pull into a noose knot does that make us a racist? I wouldn't think so, maybe it was the crew in that bay last year telling whoever the driver was to kill himself in jest for driving bad? Who TF knows man.

Of course not.  I think it was a product of necessity that the rope was made into a loop to make pulling the door down easier.

My post was more related to the ensuing hysteria and cliche shots at the NASCAR fans.

Edited by Iceman
  • Like 1

Of course not.  I think it was a product of necessity that the rope was made into a loop to make pulling the door down easier.

My post was more related to the ensuing hysteria and cliche shots at the NASCAR fans.
Generally speaking turn left and punch it fans are rednecks. I personally don't get the the sport but whatever.

Maybe one Friday night a guy made the pull in to a noose. No idea.

But I guarantee you that wouldn't happen in 2020. Bad form.

1 minute ago, markstanco said:

Generally speaking turn left and punch it fans are rednecks. I personally don't get the the sport but whatever.

Maybe one Friday night a guy made the pull in to a noose. No idea.

But I guarantee you that wouldn't happen in 2020. Bad form.

I'm not a fan.   I pulled for Jeff Gordon during his time and enjoyed the way drivers used to have some rivalry.  i grew up when Indy cars were very popular in the US and liked AJ Foyt and the Unsers.    Now it's all polish and commercialization...and boring as fuck.

IDGAF save for the social statements that have been indelibly made in the past few days.

4 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Bubba never personally saw it. 

And yeah, this is embarrassing, and I'm sure it will give illusory "credibility" to all manner of dipshits who want to validate their dumb and/or racist blatherings, but given the context (historic race-related unrest, the banning of the Confederate flag at NASCAR events, the flying of a Confederate flag over the track that day, and all the toxic shit all over social media) I guess I can at least understand how a person might have misperceived things. Remember the concept of priming from psych 101?

And all the people who are gleefully spiking the football don't exactly seem to be especially well-meaning in their delight that this wasn't actually a hateful act. 

False, he was just ranting on CNN about how he saw it and how it was still racist. He is doubling down. Dude is mental. 

1 hour ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

False, he was just ranting on CNN about how he saw it and how it was still racist. He is doubling down. Dude is mental. 

I meant to say that Bubba wasn't the one who initially discovered or reported it, and that he didn't see it before it was reported. 

And your idea of ranting is different than mine. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

I meant to say that Bubba wasn't the one who initially discovered or reported it, and that he didn't see it before it was reported. 

And your idea of ranting is different than mine. 

Yeah I don't hear a rant there. If you listen carefully, he says it was a noose hanging above his car. Hadn't heard that anywhere else. I guess we really don't know that the "noose" in question is the same garage door pull that's been seen in the pics from 2019. He also noted something I thought of earlier when reading the FBI press release: they repeatedly referred to the item, in no uncertain terms,  as a "noose".  Seems pretty thoughtful & composed, imho. Probably a lot more so than I would be if the evidence he refers to shows what he says it does.

2 hours ago, wood said:

Yeah I don't hear a rant there. If you listen carefully, he says it was a noose hanging above his car. Hadn't heard that anywhere else. I guess we really don't know that the "noose" in question is the same garage door pull that's been seen in the pics from 2019. He also noted something I thought of earlier when reading the FBI press release: they repeatedly referred to the item, in no uncertain terms,  as a "noose".  Seems pretty thoughtful & composed, imho. Probably a lot more so than I would be if the evidence he refers to shows what he says it does.

I’m wondering if someone on his team didn’t cut the rope and then hang the hand pull, or noose, above his car. Is it correct to say that picture of the cut rope is the current picture?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Many ropes in this video from Talladega.

That's why this doesn't make any sense. I just kind of fast forwarded my way through that video and saw 6 or 7 rope pulls that were looped at the end. Why get noose traction when these things were all over the place?  

8 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/jeff_gluck/status/1275537836020690944

delete.....tried to post the joint statement as something other than a link. it didn't work

Edited by PittsburghTiger
want to delete....

1 hour ago, PittsburghTiger said:

I'd still like to talk to the crew member who first found this above Wallace's car. Who cut the rope?

That's not at all what you said on Don Lemon's show last night.  Granted, nobody watches Don Lemon but it is recorded so we can all laugh about it later on twitter.  

What did he say that was so bad? I've seen people (not you) saying that Wallace said anyone who didn't think it was a noose is a racist. He didn't say anything like that, but we still have people out there saying it ....

16 hours ago, Lat22 said:

That's not at all what you said on Don Lemon's show last night.  Granted, nobody watches Don Lemon but it is recorded so we can all laugh about it later on twitter.  

You sound like you might be a racist and by the way, plenty of people watch Don Lemon.

7 hours ago, Fozzz said:

That's a little odd.

Yeah ... that seems pretty, uh, elaborate. And noosey.

I don't get tying a loop in the things & I've always just put a knot in the end. Seems like that works better anyway. But a noose, to make a loop? A noose will slide. Bowline would be a lot better if you want a loop in the end.

Edited by wood

9 hours ago, wood said:

Yeah ... that seems pretty, uh, elaborate. And noosey.

I don't get tying a loop in the things & I've always just put a knot in the end. Seems like that works better anyway. But a noose, to make a loop? A noose will slide. Bowline would be a lot better if you want a loop in the end.

Seems a bit artistic to me

9 hours ago, wood said:

Probably just shot a quick pic before they took it down.

The person who took the picture, and then cut the rope needs to speak, publicly.