I'm gonna go ahead and mail you this loan notice- 55,000 *TIMES* to make sure you read it

AUS-97HORN

damn,   even at the bulk postage option thats easily a $30,000 mistake by the loan company.

My favorite part of the article is the USPS literally telling the guy he has to deal with the physical letters himself.

Student Loan Company Accidentally Sends Ohio Man 55,000 Copies of Same Letter About Daughter's Tuition

In today’s digital world, it can be nice to receive some good, old fashioned snail mail — but one man in Ohio might not want to see a physical letter ever again after 55,000 were accidentally sent to him from the same company.

Dan Cain of Twinsburg, Ohio says he was “shocked” to discover his local post office had so many bins of mail for him, he’d be unable to get them through the front door.

To make the mix-up even more confusing, all 79 bins were filled with hundreds of copies of the exact same letter.

The letter was from the College Avenue Student Loan Company, which Cain said had meant to send him and his wife one copy of a statement for their daughter’s school tuition. The company apologized to Cain and said the thousands of copies of the statement were a result of a glitch, Cain said, according to CNN.

“We were like, ‘Are you kidding me? Who makes this kind of mistake?'” Cain said on ABC 7.

US Postal Service spokeswoman Naddia Dhalai told CNN the sheer volume of letters Cain received “is not something we see often.”

“However, the Postal Service is committed to providing the best customer service so every piece of mail we receive will be delivered to our customers,” she added — meaning that it’s up to Cain to figure out what to do with all of the useless mail.

“I may just start a fire, a bonfire, and burn it all,” Cain told the news outlet with a laugh.

It turns out that the repeat statement wasn’t the only mistake that College Avenue Student Loan Company made.

The statement that was sent thousands of times was also incorrect, ABC 7 reported, and included the wrong interest rate for the Cain’s loan.

“I just hope it doesn’t happen again,” said Cain, who is now expecting yet another statement in the mail that includes the correct interest payment.

“I might have to return to sender,” he added.

College Avenue Student Loan Company did not immediately respond to PEOPLE’s request for comment.

The statement that was sent thousands of times was also incorrect, ABC 7 reported, and included the wrong interest rate for the Cain’s loan.

I believe that is what is commonly known as "The cherry on the shit sundae".

Edit: I'm going to take a wild guess that the wrong interest rate was too high.

Edited by High Plains Drifter

44 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I believe that is what is commonly known as "The cherry on the shit sundae".

Edit: I'm going to take a wild guess that the wrong interest rate was too high.

False statements in an attempt to collect a debt? 55,000 times? There are some serious federal and state penalties for that kind of thing

My favorite part of the article is the USPS literally telling the guy he has to deal with the physical letters himself.

He could’ve just turned around and left. Unclaimed mail eventually gets returned to the sender. However, by taking them all home, it probably helps prove up a claim for debt collection violations.

Branch Banks and the U.S. Postal Service getting together to prove the futility of both their business models.  

This is actually a perfect example of why so many people and enterprises that are walking dead.  They just don't know it yet.  

Lay down and die you morons.  The rest of us are in triage too, but we're gonna make a quick run before it's lights out. You all just need to to sleep 

33 minutes ago, Paco said:
23 hours ago, Lobo said:
How scary is it that so much of Trump’s persona and career is based on Jerky Boys characters?  

Um, how tall are you?

You are certifiably insane.

I don’t get it.  You really don’t see how so much of what he says sounds like the lies spewed forth by myriad jerky boys characters?   Do I need to spell some out for you.  Sorry if I offended your hero.  

I don’t get it.  You really don’t see how so much of what he says sounds like the lies spewed forth by myriad jerky boys characters?   Do I need to spell some out for you.  Sorry if I offended your hero.  
I rest my case.

Yeah, your declaratory statement isn't the mic-drop you thought it was.  I'm glad I didn't up going JAG Corps like my Navy family wanted because I think I would have found the Jerky Boys more interesting than you.  Thank you for your service, sorry for your CIC.  

Please put me on ignore, it worked wonders for your wife.   

deadshank and I got caught up in a jerky boys riff and it spilled over into insulting Trump.  Truth be told, I honestly forgot what board we were on and I mentioned politics on a non-CR thread and that's on me.  Feel free to neg rep as we all try not to let our analysis of the President spill out of Cloak Room.  I was simply picturing all the Jerky Boys characters are various.....well, nevermind.  So neg rep or ignore or whatever y'all need to do.  I do agree with the President though, the post office (as evidenced by this story), is a shit-show.  

Well to be fair to the lender, after the 10,000th piece, wouldn’t even the most downtrodden federal employee think to mention it to a supervisor before their branch became the butt of a joke somewhere?   Public employees are entitled to slack off, but you’d think it would at least come up as a joke at the office thanksgiving potluck, “hey another 500 copies of that letter today!”

6 hours ago, Lobo said:

Well to be fair to the lender, after the 10,000th piece, wouldn’t even the most downtrodden federal employee think to mention it to a supervisor before their branch became the butt of a joke somewhere?   Public employees are entitled to slack off, but you’d think it would at least come up as a joke at the office thanksgiving potluck, “hey another 500 copies of that letter today!”

So the Post Office is incompetent for not noticing them coming in, but the lender is not for not noticing them going out?

They're all incompetent.  But we're also all incompetent for not empathizing with their mental acuity.  Or something.  I dunno.  There are so many worthless institutions still standing but we have to make sure to hand-hold many of them because life outside their driveway is so big and scary.