Houston this weekend (April 13th and 14th)

Jameslaw121

I'd post up on a good patio somewhere with some cold beers: Pub Fiction; 8th Wonder; West Alabama Ice House; Front Porch Pub; The Ginger Man (now two locations); etc. 

St. Arnold's is OK, but there are much better options.

Bernard

4 minutes ago, Jameslaw121 said:

Thanks for all the recs! We're staying at a hotel near the ballpark. Any of these close to that. trying not to drive, and would rather spend money on the beer rather than uber.

I've never gone wrong getting beers at Little Woodrow's EaDo and Lucky's before Astros games.

27 minutes ago, Jameslaw121 said:

Thanks for all the recs! We're staying at a hotel near the ballpark. Any of these close to that. trying not to drive, and would rather spend money on the beer rather than uber.

8th Wonder is about 3/4 of a mile from Minute Maid...brisk 15 min walk. It is 3 or so blocks down from the soccer stadium which is only a few blocks south and east of Minute Maid. Your hotel might be closer to 8th Wonder, depending on where you are staying.

1 hour ago, Jameslaw121 said:

Downtown:
El Big Bad has a nice patio. Food is so-so, but the drinks are good.  The entire Market Square and Main St. area a block over will give you plenty of options to drink. Eat at Xochi if you want a higher end meal, and they also have a good Sunday brunch. Hoggbirds Rooftop Lounge is pretty nice for a drink.

As stated above Eight Wonder would be the closest brewery. You could eat some good bbq from Buck's.  Lucky's, Little Woodrow's, and there area a couple of bars across the street from the stadium for drinking before the game.

31 minutes ago, ChampKind said:

8th Wonder is not my place. But I popup there on Saturdays starting at noon. I will not be there (myself), because I’ll be setting up for Houston BBQ Festival. But my minions will be at 8th Wonder slanging meat

I will add that to the list. If we make, I'll come back on here to complain about how dry your brisket was [/shaggy]

On 4/10/2018 at 5:09 PM, GreenspointTexas said:

Art car parade?

This is probably Housoton's best event. The parade runs through downtown and Allen Parkway. We will have a huge tailgaite setup across the street from the Ferderal Reserver Building.