Massive brisket cook

4HE

Not to derail from the derail, but the video that @Anastasis and @luke duke sarcastically shared might be worse than the video from a few years back in which the dude sliced off the point and threw it in the trash.

Here's another one from the same school:

Have no idea where these guys live or how they were raised, but it is literally painful to watch.

• Like 1

He said up thread that they are putting the plates together so it’s not self service. So the crunch is having enough help to plate everything so that the line moves quickly with someone getting a plate every 20 seconds or so. If it was self service buffet lines there’s no way 4 lines could serve 550 people in 30 min.

1 hour ago, HouTex said:

He said up thread that they are putting the plates together so it’s not self service. So the crunch is having enough help to plate everything so that the line moves quickly with someone getting a plate every 20 seconds or so. If it was self service buffet lines there’s no way 4 lines could serve 550 people in 30 min.

Gonna need a set up with 3-4 tables with each table staffed with a  meat cutter, a scooper per side,  and 3-4 plate runners to move a plate along the table and then stack them on the serving table (assuming they're clam shells and can be stacked).  

I hope the entire event is video documented. It's gonna be fun to watch.

4 hours ago, HouTex said:

MIssed that, but it's still dealing with about 3 persons per minute

6 hours ago, Steel Shank said:

I've done 25 briskets at a time on numerous occasions. My advice is to make sure when your're slicing that the counter top is at a comfortable height. Too low and your back will kill you.

Drink lots a beer and be sure and post some picks.

Terry Co. > Andrews Co.!!

Good call on counter height. Gotta stay mostly sober so I don’t F this thing up. I will do my best to post pics of the process. 

And get the fuck out of here with that Terry county bullshit. I’m a Martin county transplant. Wellman was our whipping boy when I was in high school. And Brownfield, isn’t that the quilt making capital of the world? I do have to give props for it being the place where Skip Bo was invented, though. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Broad at 1:30 is a real piece of work. 

Lol  "listen you bitch....you're gonna have to fuckin' work this more than that..."  

As she's running off to dry hump a raw brisket on a lawn furniture (sans cushion) - "come back here you dumb bitch...."

Next scene is the guy apologizing for being sexist and the importance of tenderizing your brisket.

WTF was that??!!!  OMG that was funny.  I was fucking crying.   Bravo

Edited by Lhorn

29 Briskets are all buttoned up in 200 degree ovens. Most of them temp’d at around 130 degrees after just over 4 hours on the smoke. The ones in the big chamber farthest from the firebox were lower at about 110 degrees. 

I’ll check them at 8:00 or so in the morning to see where we are. There is discussion about “shredding” or chopping the brisket because the Chamber sold more tickets/plates than they ordered... 🙄

It goes against my grain to not slice those bad boys after all this work, but I guess it’s better than running out of food. 

• Haha 1

29 Briskets are all buttoned up in 200 degree ovens. Most of them temp’d at around 130 degrees after just over 4 hours on the smoke. The ones in the big chamber farthest from the firebox were lower at about 110 degrees. 

I’ll check them at 8:00 or so in the morning to see where we are. There is discussion about “shredding” or chopping the brisket because the Chamber sold more tickets/plates than they ordered... 
It goes against my grain to not slice those bad boys after all this work, but I guess it’s better than running out of food. 

Hence my cubing of the meat when cutting comment.
  • Like 1

spacer.pngspacer.png

last post for a while. Busier than a 1-legged man in an ass kicking contest. 
we might just pull this thing off...

the second pic is the remnants of a carving station after we finished. 

Edited by 4HE
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Scoop up all that debris and put it on a bun. Achieve nirvana. 

Close. Mixed it with some sliced sausage in a homemade tortilla. Topped it with Hatch Big Jim. And it slammed and went hard. Sorry no pics...

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Much respect, @4HE. Sounds like a minor miracle that y'all pulled that off.

Thanks. Served close to 600 in 45 mins. Yard bird titties were moist as hell. Did not have a bad brisket in the bunch. Mostly cubed/sliced mixed with chopped. So they got some lean and moist. I’m proceeding to tie one on. Wade Bowen is singing west Texas rain in the background. Life is good. 

• Like 7