Airman of the Year Takes Training Duty Above and Beyond

RPM

Jack-mug.jpg

WICHITA FALLS (KFDX/KJTL) — Two counts of sexual assault of a child that were filed in Wichita County against the 2018 United States Air Force Airman of the Year have been dismissed according to Wichita County court and jail records.

The county charges were dismissed because the cases will be tried in the military courts.

Dylan Andrew Jack, 24, was charged with assaulting a 14-year-old girl he met at the mall last year and was indicted in December in Wichita County.

He was arrested at the Missile Road gate of Sheppard Air Force Base in September.

In 2018 Jack was honored at Sheppard Air Force Base as Airman of the Year for the 82nd Training Wing and later honored in Florida as Outstanding Airman of the Year for the Air Education and Training Command.

Airman-of-the-year-award.jpg

Jack is still in the Wichita County Jail on a federal hold.

Setting aside for a moment whether Mr. Jack is a pervo, it would appear that the state charges have been dismissed so that the feds can take over his prosecution.

This is because "child exploitation" is a federal priority, kind of like "human trafficking."  

Because state authorities arrested and charged him, there does not appear to be an issue of local/state authorities being techologically or some other way unable to investigate or prosecute.  Therefore, I am uncomfortable with this.

States should be the first and only criminal justice authority unless something really important requires federal involvement.  Some politically expedient "priority" is not something really important.

I suppose there could be a military angle to this, but that isn't what the article indicates.

• Like 1

I may be wrong, but because the state dropped the charges does not mean the state couldn't charge him later (statute of limitations would apply) after he served (or was convicted of) the federal charges. But Military prison is probably the worst incarceration you could get on a FPMITAP scale. UCMJ don't play.

7 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

if they guy had kept it on base and with a subordinate’s family member, literally nothing would have happened 

How old was Priscilla when Elvis was banging her in Germany? 

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by RPM

There is no or a very long statute of limitations on all sexual assault type cases.

Federal charges are not military charges, although the military is federal.

Double jeopardy would not apply as between state and federal/military.  But, federal and state prosecutions for the same crime are rare as a matter of prudence.

If he is going to be court-martialed, I can't really argue with that.  I will argue all day against the regular federal criminal apparatus.

46 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Setting aside for a moment whether Mr. Jack is a pervo, it would appear that the state charges have been dismissed so that the feds can take over his prosecution.

This is because "child exploitation" is a federal priority, kind of like "human trafficking."  

Because state authorities arrested and charged him, there does not appear to be an issue of local/state authorities being techologically or some other way unable to investigate or prosecute.  Therefore, I am uncomfortable with this.

States should be the first and only criminal justice authority unless something really important requires federal involvement.  Some politically expedient "priority" is not something really important.

I suppose there could be a military angle to this, but that isn't what the article indicates.

Dude.  Second line of the story:

The county charges were dismissed because the cases will be tried in the military courts.

He's being court martialed.  It's all good.  I mean, probably not good for HIM, but still, all good.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

In my experience, most of the people winning "Airman/Sailor/Etc of the year" awards are massive douchenozzles that dont do shit outside of compiling stupid shit that looks good on paper.

Funny. In my experience it’s the same. I was never in the military but worked for the DOD thru HS and was friendly with some MPs so I got to hear some underbelly shit. 

In my experience the “of the year” guys were the people in who cheated all the way thru HS so they were good at it. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Dude.  Second line of the story:

He's being court martialed.  It's all good.  I mean, probably not good for HIM, but still, all good.

Somehow missed that.  Got the last line about "federal hold," though, which is probably a bit inaccurate.

50 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

In my experience, most of the people winning "Airman/Sailor/Etc of the year" awards are massive douchenozzles that dont do shit outside of compiling stupid shit that looks good on paper.

And brownnosing.  Don't forget the brownnosing.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

He will be tried and punished by the military.  If he is found innocent, or even guilty, he can still be tried and punished in the state courts.  Double jeopardy you say?  Yes!   So don’t break civilian laws while on active duty.  

2 minutes ago, ABSR said:

He will be tried and punished by the military.  If he is found innocent, or even guilty, he can still be tried and punished in the state courts.  Double jeopardy you say?  Yes!   So don’t break civilian laws while on active duty.  

Can be yes, but probably won't.

I suppose my bitches about federal prosecutions for equivalent state crimes apply with almost equal force to the military.

19 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

When I was in middle school and theu HS it was very common to see girls openly dating GIs. 

if they guy had kept it on base and with a subordinate’s family member, literally nothing would have happened 

Subordinate?  Guy is/was an A1C, can’t imagine he had much responsibility.  Dad was stationed at Sheppard back in the late 90’s, WF has absolutely nothing to do...except sexually assault children I guess.  All the foreign pilots there for ENJJPT combined with the backwoods nature of WF makes for a weird atmosphere.  

• Like 3

Subordinate?  Guy is/was an A1C, can’t imagine he had much responsibility.  Dad was stationed at Sheppard back in the late 90’s, WF has absolutely nothing to do...except sexually assault children I guess.  All the foreign pilots there for ENJJPT combined with the backwoods nature of WF makes for a weird atmosphere.  
You apparently never had a couch on your porch. You sit out there ONE time, watch a few cars drive by, and then come tell me how boring we are.

7 hours ago, Homercles said:

Yep!! Spent many summers in WF wtih family "helping out" at the lumber yard and watermelon farm. Hate that damn place

My dad was born and raised in WF. My grandma lived there until her last year when my folks moved her into their house in Kerrville. When you say that there’s nothing to do there, you are absolutely wrong and here’s why;
1) Dad used to take me up there to hunt dove, so there’s that.
2) (More importantly) That’s where my father, between morning and evening dove hunts, taught me how to catch ground squirrels.

So...like....do your research broseph.

11 hours ago, Homesickhorn said:

My dad was born and raised in WF. My grandma lived there until her last year when my folks moved her into their house in Kerrville. When you say that there’s nothing to do there, you are absolutely wrong and here’s why;
1) Dad used to take me up there to hunt dove, so there’s that.
2) (More importantly) That’s where my father, between morning and evening dove hunts, taught me how to catch ground squirrels.

So...like....do your research broseph.

spacer.png