Bold Predictions for 2020

RockyMountainHighHorn

Fool me once you can’t get fooled again. We lose 3 games OU LSU and one crazy game we shouldn’t 
eagles shows out. Bijan goes for 800 defense is still a confused mess full of stupid talent 

LSU Lost a lot of players. We beat LSU. LSU game will be like usc 16. Still lose to a team we shouldn’t 2x.

it’ll be similar to the 2018 season. 10-4 still think he’s a fraud. Probably shows more when we lose sam.

2 hours ago, satyanash said:

- 4 regular-season losses (LSU, blOU, Iowa State, Okie Lite)

- Jake Smith puts up big numbers in the slot, while Whittington's injury issues continue

- Eagles becomes a Malcolm Williams on the outside - enough to prevent defenses from always doubling Smith and have the occasional big game when they do, but not a consistent threat.

- Bijan, Ingram, and Roschon put up big numbers on the ground. Probably at least one of them gets injured

- O-line improves in pass protection, and Sam has his best statistical season as a result.

- Defense suffers against LSU and blOU (particularly on the back end), and gives up the ghost in the final few games.

- We win our bowl game and Herman hangs on to his job despite dropping ISU and Okie Lite to end the year

- No Big 12 title game

Four losses AND we keep Herman? Jesus Christ man, just drink the bleach already.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, satyanash said:

- 4 regular-season losses (LSU, blOU, Iowa State, Okie Lite).  Jake Smith puts up big numbers in the slot, while Whittington's injury issues continue.  Eagles becomes a Malcolm Williams on the outside - enough to prevent defenses from always doubling Smith and have the occasional big game when they do, but not a consistent threat.  Bijan, Ingram, and Roschon put up big numbers on the ground. Probably at least one of them gets injured.  O-line improves in pass protection, and Sam has his best statistical season as a result.  Defense suffers against LSU and blOU (particularly on the back end), and gives up the ghost in the final few games.  We win our bowl game and Herman hangs on to his job despite dropping ISU and Okie Lite to end the year.    No Big 12 title game

giphy.gif

• Like 3

9 hours ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

I'm not in the "show me a loss camp" but there is no legitimate reason any team in the conference can compete with this roster.

If Oklahoma gets good QB play, they could again be one of the better offenses in the nation, and outscore us (or anyone else).  

- they get almost everyone back on their OL

- at RB, they return Stevenson, Brooks and Sermon

- and at receiver, they return Rambo, Wease, Bridges, and Haselwood, and have added Howard

Our defense was 97th and 127th (total, passing defense), and mid 50s (DFEI).

I hope we win, and we might, but I will be surprised if they are not favored going into that game (even if we beat LSU).

7 minutes ago, Getafix said:

If Oklahoma gets good QB play, they could again be one of the better offenses in the nation, and outscore us (or anyone else).  they get almost everyone back on their OL. at RB, they return Stevenson, Brooks and Sermon.  and at receiver, they return Rambo, Wease, Bridges, and Haselwood, and have added Howard.   Our defense was 97th and 127th (total, passing defense), and mid 50s (DFEI).  I hope we win, and we might, but I will be surprised if they are not favored going into that game (even if we beat LSU).

"Oklahoma Sooners grad transfer wide receiver Theo Howard has torn the Achilles tendon in his foot, a source told OUI's Brandon Drumm. His participation in the 2020 season is in doubt."

https://247sports.com/college/oklahoma/Article/Grad-transfer-Theo-Howard-injured-weeks-after-joining-OU-143152889/

17 hours ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

I'm not in the "show me a loss camp" but there is no legitimate reason any team in the conference can compete with this roster.

That’s not true. We have the most talented roster in the conference, Oklahoma’s roster can compete with ours and OK ST returns an insane amount of production with some key transfers coming. Other that though, we have a huge talent advantage over very other team in conference. 

16 hours ago, satyanash said:

There's been no legitimate reason for any team to do so for years. Yet they've done so regardless.

As always, you ignore facts so you can hate your life even more. All those numbers are meaningless when you take into account attrition and coaching changes. This is the first year in over a decade that I’d say we actually have the best roster in the conference. We usually have a lot of talent but it’s young. This is the first time in forever that a lot of our most talented players are upperclassmen and we have a legit, experienced QB. 

Too bad we can't manage to match all of that talent up with some actual coaching though.  Then we might be on to something.  

Does the Aggy coaster have room for us?  After a full decade of shit football, I have stopped falling for the hype.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
On 4/3/2020 at 11:57 AM, TommyGufano said:

It's consensus by year end that Adimora fuqs

On 2/9/2020 at 8:30 AM, TommyGufano said:

Eagles remains 3rd on team in receptions and receiving yards 

I'm feeling decent about my predictions going into day 1. Wish I could have called Omeire showing up as some sort of Calvin Johnson/David Boston/Chris Carter hybrid superfreak. Godspeed, Troy!

Oddly enough, I don't think anybody who predicted season record is gonna be on the nose here.

Edited by TommyGufano