Tech @ Texas, February 8.

Mossyhorn

1 minute ago, Goo Punch said:

that's how Shaka Smart teams play. 

which is why i didnt remove all blame from him, but your players have to know who they are and they suck at that. I am, however, extremely ready for the end of the shaka era

Just now, Brothahorn said:

Just bad luck that the 3pt shots don’t fall. What do you expect Shaka to do? Tell the guys to stop shooting them?

since we have no good shooters, employing a system that doesn't make our guys rely on the 3 ball. not an in-game adjustment though

9 minutes ago, crum said:

i hate shaka, but i can't blame this comeback fully on him. williams came in and took 4 shots knowing he's not a great shooter, jones has turned it over twice trying to go hero ball straight at them. not the same intensity of team-mindedness this half

I hate you, but I don't blame you for this comeback.

8 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Tech is getting a foul on every drive. Meanwhile on the other end...

When you teach players how to drive and score like Coach Beard does, you draw a lot more fouls than Shaka's dumbass 3-pt shooting strategy!!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Edited by LTtxfan

1 minute ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Fouls

Texas: 17

TTU: 8

at home

This is for a few reasons

- we commit some really, really, dumb fouls.  like mind-bottling dumb.  it's like they don't review film. 

- tech is in a zone, from what i've seen in bits and pieces.  which means our team is spread on the perimeter because they all think they can shoot and our offensive isn't designed to drive and get a foul call.  

- tech has a better offense. 

- when you combine tech's offense, their coaching, and our just dumb, dumb ability to foul anything that moves, you get foul numbers like this. 

this team plays scared.  if they didn't, they'd drive the lane, get contact, and force the refs to call a foul. 9 times out of 10, that forcing the ref to call a foul will lead to a foul on the defense. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Pancho said:

This is for a few reasons

- we commit some really, really, dumb fouls.  like mind-bottling dumb.  it's like they don't review film. 

- tech is in a zone, from what i've seen in bits and pieces.  which means our team is spread on the perimeter because they all think they can shoot and our offensive isn't designed to drive and get a foul call.  

- tech has a better offense. 

- when you combine tech's offense, their coaching, and our just dumb, dumb ability to foul anything that moves, you get foul numbers like this. 

this team plays scared.  if they didn't, they'd drive the lane, get contact, and force the refs to call a foul. 9 times out of 10, that forcing the ref to call a foul will lead to a foul on the defense. 

Tldr our coach sucks

Just now, GreenspointTexas said:

For those not watching, we have attempted 2 fts in the 2nd half

ttu has attempted 17

So Shaka is still running his shoot 3pt shot offense...

Texas is ranked as one of the worst teams nationally in number of free throws attempted.