Robert Conrad RIP

Gil Bang

30 minutes ago, rage-a-holic said:

Well yeah, you gotta be old if you saw it live in 76-78 (and remember it)

Watched it with my dad.  that and the original Star Trek were must see TV...

Just hearing that opening air raid siren always makes me hearken back to a simpler time, when heroes just kicked the shit outta everyone and told their bosses to go fuck themselves.  RIP Pappy...

• Like 2

I think his career was over when Mr. Kotter smoked him in a footrace.                            Al remembers that vividly as a child. 
Couldn’t wait till Sunday(think it was Sunday) when Baa Baa Black Sheep came on, those were some good tv days back on the family 12” black and white. 
 RIP Mr. Conrad.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Al Czervik said:

I think his career was over when Mr. Kotter smoked him in a footrace.                            Al remembers that vividly as a child. 
Couldn’t wait till Sunday(think it was Sunday) when Baa Baa Black Sheep came on, those were some good tv days back on the family 12” black and white. 
 RIP Mr. Conrad.  

Columbo caught him in a murder plot.....

Used to watch "Black Sheep Squadron" in the 80's with my dad.  He made sure to tell me 100 times it was originally called "Baa Baa Black Sheep".  Didn't realize until I just looked it up that they only made 36 episodes.  I probably watched them 3-4 times each.

One of my greatest memories as a kid actually...watching it with my dad and wrestling during commercial breaks.

Rip to a badass. I’m also a kid of the 70’s and loved Baa Baa Black Sheep. It was required viewing along with Happy Days, Laverne & Shirley, Welcome Back Kotter, All in the Family, Good Times, Six Million Dollar Man, Charlie’s Angels, Fantasy Island, and The Love Boat.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Al Czervik said:

Was going to say that he has been long dead -- Gabe Kaplan absolutely killed him in BNS.

• Like 2

When I was a pup we went down to the Rio Grande Valley every year or so to watch the Confederate Air Force.  One year they had an autograph session with the real Pappy Boyington.  I showed up not expecting Robert Conrad, but at least someone with Robert Conrad's demeanor and charisma.  I was stoked.  Instead I was shoved in front of a surly, crotchety, asshole that clearly didn't want to be there.  I don't even know where the autograph is or whether I kept it at all.  I preferred the Robert Conrad version.

Definitely have some of the same memories as you guys watching with the old man.

Reading his bio, seems he got married at 17, had 5 kids with her. Got divorced then married the winner of the miss teen USA pageant that he emceed. Or maybe not quite in that order. Had 3 more kids and 18 grandkids...RIP Mr. Conrad

6 hours ago, Ths71 said:

Met him at a ski lodge in Bear Vally CA. In the 90s. He was shitfaced and pretty funny.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Didn't he own that lodge? He tried a mountain rescue show that was shot there with his family as cast. It lasted 1/2 a season.

Also, early in his career he was Magnum, P.I. before Magnum, P.I.

Edited by RPM

Didn't he own that lodge? He tried a mountain rescue show that was shot there with his family as cast. It lasted 1/2 a season.
Also, early in his career he was Magnum, P.I. before Magnum, P.I.

Yeah I think he may have owned I at that time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I remember watching Baa Baa Black Sheep as a kid.  I remember in one episode one of the guys accidentally shot down one of the other guys in the squadron.  Later they showed his plane and he had an American flag under the canopy where they put their kills.  Still cracks me up to this day.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1