Bar rescue

closetohumping

It's been background TV in my house a handful of times and besides the predictable, formulaic aspect to it, what kills the show is the bar owners are typically impossible to root for. Mostly just dipshits who scraped together a few bucks for a bar they thought would be a non stop party. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Bender Bending Rodriguez said:

what kills the show is the bar owners are typically impossible to root for. Mostly just dipshits who scraped together a few bucks for a bar they thought would be a non stop party. 

It’s been awhile but one had a pirate themed bar. It only attracted customers who wanted to dress and talk like pirates, which was pretty much just the owner and her few friends. Taffer turned it into something non-piratey that was initially successful but nah she’d rather be a pirate 

The British version of Gordon Ramsey’s Kitchen Nightmares show was great. Far less drama, yelling etc. The fix often involved tweaking the menu slightly, changing the restaurant concept a bit

American version is all about drama, lazy owners, pilfering employees and spoiled meat being stored on the floor of the walk in fridge. Terrible.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 1 year later...
On 2/9/2020 at 6:59 PM, Bender Bending Rodriguez said:

It's been background TV in my house a handful of times and besides the predictable, formulaic aspect to it, what kills the show is the bar owners are typically impossible to root for. Mostly just dipshits who scraped together a few bucks for a bar they thought would be a non stop party. 

Absolutely the most predictable show, yet I can't stop watching.  It cracks me up and some of these people are fucking losers.  Robert Irvine's show is even worse.

Absolutely the most predictable show, yet I can't stop watching.  It cracks me up and some of these people are fucking losers.  Robert Irvine's show is even worse.

I was watching some of Taffers best blow ups a few weeks ago- “I’d call you an asshole but that would be disrespectful to the other assholes in this world”

I came up with a spin off called route rescue for unruly school bus routes and have Taffer shape up kids. Not sure if that’d get the green light or not

He franchised out a Taffer’s Tavern in my town a few months ago and it is by far the worst spot we have (out of about 20-30). They can’t keep the beer cold and the one time I went I watched multiple customers send back food. Rumor is there’s no real kitchen and they just reheat frozen food they buy from his operation. They were dumping all the warm beer out of the taps into five gallon buckets and throwing it away. They also wouldn’t seat us at a table for lunch without a reservation despite being empty, so we sat at the bar. When we left they were still empty.

Ironic.

He franchised out a Taffer’s Tavern in my town a few months ago and it is by far the worst spot we have (out of about 20-30). They can’t keep the beer cold and the one time I went I watched multiple customers send back food. Rumor is there’s no real kitchen and they just reheat frozen food they buy from his operation. They were dumping all the warm beer out of the taps into five gallon buckets and throwing it away. They also wouldn’t seat us at a table for lunch without a reservation despite being empty, so we sat at the bar. When we left they were still empty.

Ironic.

But does it have a Butt Funnel?? He invented that, you know!