XFL - St. Louis Battlehawks vs Dallas Renegades - ESPN

MillerEP

Toyota Stadium houses FC Dallas which is owned by the Hunt family, they of the Kansas City Chiefs ownership. I doubt Clark Hunt wants to help out a competitor. They also probably don't want 300 pound linemen chewing up their field before the MLS season starts. 

Edited by mdmost

Any of the new area mega high school stadiums would work too. The Cotton Bowl is too big. I wish these teams would acknowledge that 20,000 is about the max they should expect and play in stadiums that hold that. The DC game yesterday in the 20,000 seat soccer stadium looked good. Empty decks in an old baseball stadium looks like crap.

31 minutes ago, NateHitch said:

I had completely dismissed the XFL as soon as it was announced they'd give it another go round but I'm kinda digging it. Love the mics on the replay officials and the point after rules. I doubt it lasts more than a season or two but I hope the NFL takes a hard look at what they're doing, XFL has some interesting ideas

Same thing happened last time NFL stole a lot of  the things they did with the cameras ect.  The battle hawks qb sucks.

Edited by Hook1997

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

Field setup is even worse than I imagined. Why are they trying so hard to make Globe Life work without a real tenant? If you replaced it just let it fucking go and tear it down.

Lol wut? Two tone for Dallas with a little under arm splotch? They look terrible.

59 minutes ago, 'stache said:

The colors, helmet, uniform, all of it is terrible for Dallas. I don't get how some of you like it. It's attrocious. They would look terrible in the arena league standards, and that's pretty bad.

57 minutes ago, 'stache said:

$10 mil to renovate for XFL? Geez, I really just don't get it.

53 minutes ago, 'stache said:

That's the thing, they aren't going to tear it down. They are going to try and force events in there. This, a minor league soccer team, and some concerts apparently. Arlington sucks so bad, I see if it you are going to see the Cowboys 8 times a year. I never understood it for MLB, but okay, it's professional and can draw people in. But minor leagues and concerts? Maybe I didn't live in DFW long enough to get the draw to fucking Arlington. The few times I was there was depressing as fuck. 

Did Tom Vandergriff fuck your grandma or something?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Any of the new area mega high school stadiums would work too. The Cotton Bowl is too big. I wish these teams would acknowledge that 20,000 is about the max they should expect and play in stadiums that hold that. The DC game yesterday in the 20,000 seat soccer stadium looked good. Empty decks in an old baseball stadium looks like crap.

Imagine how empty it looks for soccer games

• Like 1

That's the thing, they aren't going to tear it down. They are going to try and force events in there. This, a minor league soccer team, and some concerts apparently. Arlington sucks so bad, I see if it you are going to see the Cowboys 8 times a year. I never understood it for MLB, but okay, it's professional and can draw people in. But minor leagues and concerts? Maybe I didn't live in DFW long enough to get the draw to fucking Arlington. The few times I was there was depressing as fuck. 

It's not that Arlington has any inherent appeal other than a municipal willingness to take it in the ass to get a stadium.  It's just the location.  People in FW likely would not come to sporting events located in Dallas.  For Dallas people to go to FW would be merely inconvenient.  For the FW people, there's something else.