XFL - St. Louis Battlehawks vs Dallas Renegades - ESPN

MillerEP

Does Mumme really need a full-sized bath towel draped around him all game? And does it have to be the cheapest one they can find across the street at Walmart?

Unrelated, Joey Galloway (who is pretty useless on CFB coverage) has been really good interpreting some of the headset chatter in real time.

Does Mumme really need a full-sized bath towel draped around him all game? And does it have to be the cheapest one they can find across the street at Walmart?
Unrelated, Joey Galloway (who is pretty useless on CFB coverage) has been really good interpreting some of the headset chatter in real time.
Considering what they're getting paid, he probably stole it from his hotel.

McAfee twice now has said "He's nothing short of professional" about people he's interviewed. Between him and the handheld field cameras constantly running into the shots (if not the actual players), I'd say ESPN gets the most annoying broadcast award for the weekend.

Just now, 'stache said:

How can there be a spread when nobody has seen any of these teams play? And wouldn't Vegas account for a starting QB being out?

One of the main hooks for new fans was how open they would be with gambling info. Even Vegas can't do much without even seeing pre-season games. But I doubt there was a huge handle out there for these games

Nellie drops the fly ball that would have won the world series at Busch Stadium
Blues eliminate Stars in double overtime last season, go on to win the cup
And now this
You had to bring up Nellie didn't you. I was almost over it and now it's going to replay in my head daily for the next 2 years