Theranos' Death Rattle

TwiceHorn

This is allsome.
She gets a husky, names it Balto, tells people it’s a wolf, walks it around Theranos despite protests from the scientists. And it wasn’t potty trained. It would literally shit in the board room during meetings. 
She enrolls Balto in search and rescue training, but he failed out because husky.
Can I fuck her doggy, I mean wolf style?

Is husky her voice?

Can I pee in her butt, I mean her corner?

So many questions.

On 1/26/2019 at 8:26 AM, smokebomb said:

HBO is doing a documentary on Theranos due out later this year:

With a review & synapses by The Verge:

https://www.theverge.com/2019/1/25/18197713/the-inventor-review-theranos-scandal-silicon-valley-startup-elizabeth-holmes-fraud-sundance-2019

Comes out on the 18th

https://www.hbo.com/documentaries/the-inventor-out-for-blood-in-silicon-valley

Edited by TKthunder2

9 hours ago, Thujone said:

Saw this thread Thursday. Bought the book, Bad Blood, Friday. Finished it today. Holy crap balls. Amazing that without showing a single bit of working technology, they managed to get hundreds of millions in VC and a valuation of 10 billion. They also hoodwinked, Kissinger, Mattis, Boies, etc. Just an incredible story.

Yeah and what I forget is that this happened over ten years.  It's not like they were some overnight Silicon Valley story.  They were in operation for over a decade, and to your point, never showed a single bit of working technology.

12 hours ago, Thujone said:

Saw this thread Thursday. Bought the book, Bad Blood, Friday. Finished it today. Holy crap balls. Amazing that without showing a single bit of working technology, they managed to get hundreds of millions in VC and a valuation of 10 billion. They also hoodwinked, Kissinger, Mattis, Boies, etc. Just an incredible story.

Certainly irrational. 

Take a gander at the Random Walk Down Wall Street book. I haven't read the latest edition, but it talks about investment bubbles and human psychology. Tulip bulbs, tech stocks, all that kind of bullshit. 

As long as there are humans there will be scams like this.  

Reminds me of a commercial on NPR (yes, public radio, you have commercials so stop lying about it) for foreign currency trading (or something like that). I mean, who in the blue fuck is going to "invest" in that. Unless you're a pro, but then I doubt a commercial on public radio is going to do anything for you. These "investors" are like the Theranos idiots. They think they are the smartest guys in the room and are greedy. 

Look at all the people who lost big when the interwebs was getting going. Most of the business back in those days had nothing close to a real business model, i.e., they couldn't make money. Yet, the dollars kept pouring in. Greed.

Edited by Asithappens

You should check out the podcast “The Dropout”. Covers a lot of the same information as the book but it’s great to hear the stories from the people involved in their own words.

And the HBO documentary on Holmes/Theranos premieres March 18th.

6 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

At 2:15 there is an even better example of her slipping into her normal voice.

It would be fun to look back at the old Sh@ggy thread and all the posters singing her praises. 

I don’t know if I had much of an opinion about her or the company other than they appeared to be doing something good. It’s a good example that we need to be vigilant against possible scams but do we do that at an expense of assuming everything is a fraud until proven otherwise?

26 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

lulz

More proof a college degree is over hyped in today's society

I also counted about 27 Shagsters wanting to wife the crazy bitch.

8 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

It would be fun to look back at the old Sh@ggy thread and all the posters singing her praises. 

except nobody there had the access or incentive to perform due diligence on theranos.  aint 1 of them fuckers dropping 100M into that company

I have an old acquaintance from H.S. that I occasionally run into around town. He’s been a blatant compulsive/habitual liar as long as I’ve known him. The list of problems that he’s caused people over the years is a rather long one. The crazy thing is that he will absolutely go out of his way to help friends and strangers in need of help. I actually feel sorry for him because he’s obviously mentally ill to some degree, but the amount of grief he’s created and is still creating for a ton of people has never been lost on me. He’s an extremely affable individual and most people that don’t know his track record are easily duped by his confident personality. His Facebook page is a Venus fly trap of virtue signaling that he uses to directly dupe woman into admiring his humanity. I’ve honestly never encountered anyone like him...as far as I know. lol!

The last time I saw the guy he wanted some advice on what to do about a bunch of extremely damning online reviews of his business. After reading them the only advice I had for him was to change the name of his business and get his shit together.

• Like 2

On 2/21/2019 at 3:32 PM, HenryJames said:

This is allsome.

She gets a husky, names it Balto, tells people it’s a wolf, walks it around Theranos despite protests from the scientists. And it wasn’t potty trained. It would literally shit in the board room during meetings. 

She enrolls Balto in search and rescue training, but he failed out because husky.

Holmes’s father, Christian, was an executive at Enron,

Apple, tree, etc.

On 3/5/2019 at 8:58 AM, Bama Chick said:

You should check out the podcast “The Dropout”. Covers a lot of the same information as the book but it’s great to hear the stories from the people involved in their own words.

And the HBO documentary on Holmes/Theranos premieres March 18th.

Yep. I was surprised at how much I liked the podcast, given I had read the book a while back.

And, Go Stanford!, I guess...

tenor.gif?itemid=4534430

9 hours ago, Texas_Rocks said:

I have an old acquaintance from H.S. that I occasionally run into around town. He’s been a blatant compulsive/habitual liar as long as I’ve known him. The list of problems that he’s caused people over the years is a rather long one. The crazy thing is that he will absolutely go out of his way to help friends and strangers in need of help. I actually feel sorry for him because he’s obviously mentally ill to some degree, but the amount of grief he’s created and is still creating for a ton of people has never been lost on me. He’s an extremely affable individual and most people that don’t know his track record are easily duped by his confident personality. His Facebook page is a Venus fly trap of virtue signaling that he uses to directly dupe woman into admiring his humanity. I’ve honestly never encountered anyone like him...as far as I know. lol!

The last time I saw the guy he wanted some advice on what to do about a bunch of extremely damning online reviews of his business. After reading them the only advice I had for him was to change the name of his business and get his shit together.

There was a guy I knew quite well at UT who went on to become a doctor.  The last time I saw him (the day he moved from Austin), he was heading anywhere but medical school.  Like I said, he went to UT, yet he claims to be 4-5 years younger than he is, and his bio claims he went to another school far from Texas for his undergrad studies. He even served (serves?) in positions related to UT, yet he claims no ties to the school. I have a family member who is on the same specialty as this guy, and this person says this conduct wouldn’t be tolerated in their physician group. I’m leaving out some more very interesting details, but let’s just say it looks like he just might be hiding something. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor

I finished the book in record time.  No details about the sharting dog, but it's still an incredible read.  My take:

She's a sociopath; like clinically crazy sociopath.  It's the only way she could do what she did, and the only way a person could keep all those lies going for over a decade.  A flury of bodyguards (more than Rupert Murdock had.)  Office visitors had to sign non-disclosures.  She had former employees followed by private investigators.

Rich people going all Game of Thrones with weaponized money instead of weaponized dragons, and I liked this part the best.  The Holmes family had a major throwdown with their rich friends, the Fuisz family over literally nothing about hurt feelings.  They tried to bankrupt eachother with lawyers.

Tyler Schulz's story was the saddest.  After Holmes found out he blew the whistle to the WSJ, she sent Silicon Valley's most assholish lawyer to his grandfather George Shultz's house to get him to convince Tyler to sign some kinda "cease and desist" order.  Grandpa took Holmes side and berated Tyler for DAYS.  To hs great credit, Tyler Schulz never folded.  He and his grandfather have parted ways.

On another note, it would be interesting to know some details about her home life growing up.  There were some allusions in Carreyrou's book to some fairly aberrant behavior by her parents.  It might have an innocent explanation, but it kind of sounded like they did a pretty good deal of pretending themselves.

20 minutes ago, Parliament said:

He's an infected asshole.  Ie, "a lawyer good at his job."  He got what he deserved.

I don't know that he got anything, except some bad publicity (and probably a number of new client contacts from maniacs like Holmes).  I'm not sure he was an investor, I don't recall.  But, as Elihu Root wisely noted, half the job of any decent lawyer is to tell his client he's a damn fool and should just stop.  Before this, I would have rated him one of the best, if not the best, lawyers of the last 25 years and would have expected him to haved heeded Root's advice regularly.

Edited by TwiceHorn

10 hours ago, Parliament said:

Hide contents

I finished the book in record time.  No details about the sharting dog, but it's still an incredible read.  My take:

She's a sociopath; like clinically crazy sociopath.  It's the only way she could do what she did, and the only way a person could keep all those lies going for over a decade.  A flury of bodyguards (more than Rupert Murdock had.)  Office visitors had to sign non-disclosures.  She had former employees followed by private investigators.

Rich people going all Game of Thrones with weaponized money instead of weaponized dragons, and I liked this part the best.  The Holmes family had a major throwdown with their rich friends, the Fuisz family over literally nothing about hurt feelings.  They tried to bankrupt eachother with lawyers.

Tyler Schulz's story was the saddest.  After Holmes found out he blew the whistle to the WSJ, she sent Silicon Valley's most assholish lawyer to his grandfather George Shultz's house to get him to convince Tyler to sign some kinda "cease and desist" order.  Grandpa took Holmes side and berated Tyler for DAYS.  To hs great credit, Tyler Schulz never folded.  He and his grandfather have parted ways.

What kind of an asshole do you have to be to take the word of a startup CEO over your grandson?

Found this story about Fuisz and probably why the Holmes went after him. Not saying it’s right and it appears that the entire Holmes clan is fucked up. Still it probably explains the... bad blood

Decent read below.

https://www.inc.com/peter-cohan/6-warning-signs-that-elizabeth-holmes-is-trouble-says-psychiatrist-who-has-known-her-since-childhood.html

The book went into that with a lotta detail. Fuisz may or may not have patented a key process that machine would need, before Theranos knew they needed it. He may have intended to hold them hostage with it. There had been some...bad blood...between the 2 families leading into all that.

Fuisz was portrayed in the book as a general ahole. He was purported to be estranged with at least one of his sons. Over an entirely different thing.

Or not. Might all be spin and perspective.

On 3/13/2019 at 3:04 AM, Gardner Barnes said:

Found this story about Fuisz and probably why the Holmes went after him. Not saying it’s right and it appears that the entire Holmes clan is fucked up. Still it probably explains the... bad blood

Decent read below.

https://www.inc.com/peter-cohan/6-warning-signs-that-elizabeth-holmes-is-trouble-says-psychiatrist-who-has-known-her-since-childhood.html

I challenge the notion that anything on inc, businessinsider, or forbes is a decent read.

2 minutes ago, Updawg said:

Just bought the book the other day. Trying to decide whether to watch the doc or wait until after reading. I know the correct answer so I'm waiting

Ehhh.  It's not fiction, so I think there's some value in getting all the detail and cast of characters in your head, and then letting the doc bring it to life.  I'd go ahead.

• Like 1

Probably getting paid $25,000 a pop to do corporate speaking on “The Value of Failure” or somesuch bullshittery.

She’s a legit pathological liar at best and nuttier than a fruitcake at worst.

I’ve read the book and listened to the podcast but something about seeing and hearing all that garbage from her mouth is very compelling.

The only thing I didn’t like was how little emphasis Sunny got but I guess this documentary was more focused on HER than Theranos overall.

Worth the watch.