The 2020 Academy Awards of the Oscars Trophies

rage-a-holic

2 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:

I think there were a bunch of good American movies, but none that were truly outstanding, so they said fuck it, let's give it to an exceptional international film.

Now we get to go watch it.

Kinda reminds me of the Moonlight win.

Nah, it was a great movie year.  It was my 2nd favorite behind Once Upon a Time, but Parasite is definitely deserving.

Parasite was good. I thought it was a really entertaining and well-shot movie that made some points that had already been made in other movies just as well. The "the elites will never let you actually be part of their circle except as the help" theme was just recently done in a similar and probably more effective way in Get Out as well as the movie where the people turn into horses with huge cocks (forget the name of that one), and the income inequality thing is done all the time. But it was a good entertaining and visually stunning film. And it removes an opportunity for someone from Hollywood to stand on stage and smell their own farts, so I'm cool with it. I'd have given it to Jojo Rabbit but Parasite is cool too.

Hope all those Koreans go get wasted tonight and sing karaoke (no racist)

Edited by BradInATX

6 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Parasite was good. I thought it was a really entertaining and well-shot movie that made some points that had already been made in other movies just as well. The "the elites will never let you actually be part of their circle except as the help" theme was just recently done in a similar and probably more effective way in Get Out as well as the movie where the people turn into horses with huge cocks (forget the name of that one), and the income inequality thing is done all the time. But it was a good entertaining and visually stunning film. And it removes an opportunity for someone from Hollywood to stand on stage and smell their own farts, so I'm cool with it. I'd have given it to Jojo Rabbit but Parasite is cool too.

Don't know this one, but was it done by the guy who did The Lobster? Because it sounds like him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, austingirl said:

Don't know this one, but was it done by the guy who did The Lobster? Because it sounds like him.

Just looked it up, it was called Sorry to Bother You.

The Lobster is crazy too. I like that guy's movies, as absolutely nuts and unsettling as they are.

• Like 1