The 2020 Academy Awards of the Oscars Trophies

rage-a-holic

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

It’s a crime that Dabney Coleman doesn’t have an Oscar. For.... well I don’t know, but for something.

He won a Supporting Actor Emmy for Sworn To Silence. Should have won Lead Actor for Buffalo Bill. It was his best work.

Glad to see Ford v Ferrari won 2 Oscars. It earned them.

Edited by RPM
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, rage-a-holic said:

Big winners tonight:

White people

Wealthy Asians

Expect more preachiness next year.

My wife (anglo) kept egging me (hispanic) on during the show.

"How come you mexicans aren't making a power grab like the bleks?"

I told her Antonio Banderas got nominated and Penelope Cruz and the Hamilton guy were kind of mexicany.

And that A.G. Inarritu was on a commercial and that he is probably going to make everyone his bitches next year.

1 hour ago, ajax said:

Is Taika considered Asian? It's so confusing these days.

No he's not, my comment was directed at all the big wins by Parasite and crew.

Bong gave big shout outs to South Korea and South Korean Hollywood.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/south-korea-reacts-as-parasite-makes-oscars-history-1278340

10 hours ago, Alvin89 said:

My sentiments exactly. It reminded me of the Bill Burr bit where he criticizes the notion we should believe all women. “All women? How about just 80% of them.” 

Oprah on tv "being a mother is the hardest job in the world"

Bill Burr talking to his gf "Really? Really?!? Being a mother is the hardest job in the world? That's funny cause i always thought it was roofing in Boston in the middle of the summer as redhead" 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bluto said:

Wondering just how off my laugh meter is with how universal the praise has been for the wiig Rudolph thing and I thought it was on par with a very bad snl sketch

It was bad, and I'm sick of tired of both of them. There is so little actual talent being put out in entertainment today the few sorta standouts get stretched out far beyond their natural expiration date.

4 hours ago, bluto said:

Wondering just how off my laugh meter is with how universal the praise has been for the wiig Rudolph thing and I thought it was on par with a very bad snl sketch

I fast forwarded through most all of that once they started.  Of course, I do that for most of what Maya Rudolph is in.  

Edited by Beau Vine

On 2/10/2020 at 4:38 PM, BERT said:

Oprah on tv "being a mother is the hardest job in the world"

Bill Burr talking to his gf "Really? Really?!? Being a mother is the hardest job in the world? That's funny cause i always thought it was roofing in Boston in the middle of the summer as redhead" 

Aside from that, Oprah wouldn't have a clue what it's like to be a mother.

• Like 1