2020 Dems: New Hampshire (thank god, a normal primary)

bad_teammate

45 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Caught a clip this morning where Pete says "I was driving to work last week in my Chevy...."

Nothing wrong with that, but it's so cheesy that it brought the Lulz. I uhhhh, would also like to express my fondness of that particular beer. 

If Pete's serious about winning this nomination he needs to dump the Chevy and buy a Harley.

spacer.png

Just now, Mrs Whiggins said:

The tweeter is a Trump supporter out of Dallas, I suspect there is more to that video than meets the eye. Any negative Democratic video out circulating, whomever the candidate, I am skeptical upon viewing.

of course.  but you see, "she didn't have a reservation".

I cynically laughed at the cute, albeit insensitive, joke at her virtual expense at a somewhat uncomfortable few moments for some of the people there.  Look at those rubes at the big table.

They have a point.  Bern got 60% of the vote with 152K votes in 2016.  Granted, that was a two way race but he needs to start doing better than 25% tonight and in some of these polls to convince people he's viable.  Turnout tonight will be interesting.

If turnout is flat like Iowa was and Bern comes in at 25%, that's only 61K votes.  That's a loss of 90K votes over 4 years.  We keep hearing about all of these new voters he's brining in but at some point, we need to start seeing it.

12 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

cry you fucking shitlibs

Get used to it.  The democratic party didn't want Bernie in 2016 because the thought was he's too far left to win the general election.   I don't think anything has changed in that regard.  They do not want Sanders on the ticket.

6 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

They have a point.  Bern got 60% of the vote with 152K votes in 2016.  Granted, that was a two way race but he needs to start doing better than 25% tonight and in some of these polls to convince people he's viable.  Turnout tonight will be interesting.

If turnout is flat like Iowa was and Bern comes in at 25%, that's only 61K votes.  That's a loss of 90K votes over 4 years.  We keep hearing about all of these new voters he's brining in but at some point, we need to start seeing it.

That's not how it works.

6 minutes ago, Jack said:

Get used to it.  The democratic party didn't want Bernie in 2016 because the thought was he's too far left to win the general election.   I don't think anything has changed in that regard.  They do not want Sanders on the ticket.

I'm glad people are noticing that there's basically zero difference between the corporate class that runs the DNC and their mouthpieces in the media.

More and more people are saying it.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jack said:

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

I'm glad people are noticing that there's basically zero difference between the corporate class that runs the DNC and their mouthpieces in the media.

More and more people are saying it.

I wasn't paying that close attention. Until it became noticeable even to me w/o trying all that hard. They don't like the progressives much. The problem with the other centrist candidates is like deciding between Hellmann's or Miracle Whip when you make deviled eggs so the media is waffling between them all plus Bloomin' Mike. Oh, and those of you that mentioned Smarmy Pete? He does give off the vibe of high school's 'vote for me k thanxx bai,' sometimes. I thought perhaps I was being old and harsh, but I've never gotten that vibe from say AOC or other young pols as much as him. He can be an incredible speaker and I don't care at all about someone's sexuality-it is a nonissue for me, but he treads very very close to a Dem version of Ted Cruz wherein I am observing someone who is clicking through a mental file on what to say regardless of the truth. (he's not Ted, not saying that).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

Dear Mass Media "Journalists",

People fucking hate you and they can see through your bullshit.

The last comment on this tweet, maybe not the last by the time people read through them, mentions something about Sanders not releasing his health records/reports since the "heart attack".  Anything to that?  I didn't realize it was a thing.

Just now, longhornmatt said:

Update:  Joe Biden is now changing his itinerary to visit Peaceful Waves Retirement Village in Palm Beach.  He is all-in on the Florida primary now, so much so that he’s actually setting up camp and moving in to the retirement village.  He says he still remains mildly hopeful that he can pull off the win, but later clarified he was referring to the upcoming shuffleboard tournament at the village and not the primary race.

Del Boca Vista?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Take these with a grain of salt but MSNBC had an exit poll saying the electorate older and more moderate/conservative than in 2016.  (Young voters were down over 2016.)  Also, 50% of the respondents said the Friday night debate was a big factor for them.

Early exits in 16 Underestimated youth turnout by 3 points. So meh 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Take these with a grain of salt but MSNBC had an exit poll saying the electorate older and more moderate/conservative than in 2016.  (Young voters were down over 2016.)  Also, 50% of the respondents said the Friday night debate was a big factor for them.

Turnout here going to be higher with youth than 2016 if you look at his feed.

7 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

I found the debate impact piece interesting.  Conventional wisdom was Klobs did well with that.  Her closing statement was money, I'll give her that.

They also scrolled an exit poll that said the vast majority decided who they were voting for before January.

52 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

I believe NH changed a law that essentially made it more difficult for younger/newer voters to register.  That was the storyline on CNN earlier...