2020 Dems: New Hampshire (thank god, a normal primary)

bad_teammate

3 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Wait--Why should Warren stay in?  Honest question on that.  But after this, what's her path?

She has the ability to carry on and lead grass roots voters. If something happens to Sanders, she can keep that energy alive. She is unique in this field for that ability. 

2 minutes ago, Calihorn said:

Did Warren just drop out?

No--but this may be the beginning of her getting mentally prepared to do so.

Honestly, this is a neighboring state.  It's very white and very college-educated.  This should be in her wheelhouse.

I really don't know where she goes from here.  She's not well positioned for Nevada or South Carolina.  And so then go into Super Tuesday with minimal money and no momentum?  What's the point of that?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ghost of LL said:

No--but this may be the beginning of her getting mentally prepared to do so.

Honestly, this is a neighboring state.  It's very white and very college-educated.  This should be in her wheelhouse.

I really don't know where she goes from here.  She's not well positioned for Nevada or South Carolina.  And so then go into Super Tuesday with minimal money and no momentum?  What's the point of that?

To torture Hugo which is delicious 

As someone who's a Warren supporter, I'd been planning (and still do) to vote for her in the Texas primary, if she makes it that far, because I think she'd be the best choice for president. But it's increasingly clear she's not the best candidate, and I don't have a solid second choice if she doesn't.

That'd make it much more difficult to vote my conscience, because then it'd force me start thinking about "electability" bullshit and who'd match up better head-to-head against the neo-fascist currently wiping his ass with the Constitution.

I haz disappoint. :(

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bolverk said:

As someone who's a Warren supporter, I'd been planning (and still do) to vote for her in the Texas primary, if she makes it that far, because I think she'd be the best choice for president. But it's increasingly clear she's not the best candidate, and I don't have a solid second choice if she doesn't.

That'd make it much more difficult to vote my conscience, because then it'd force me start thinking about "electability" bullshit and who'd match up better head-to-head against the neo-fascist currently wiping his ass with the Constitution.

I haz disappoint. :(

To be fair, none of these clowns match up well against said neo facist. Just an awful group of candidates top to bottom

• Like 1

BREAKING: In New Hampshire Democratic primary, Joe Biden and Sen. Warren will not reach the 15% threshold statewide and in each congressional district, according to the @NBCNews Decision Desk, meaning they will not receive delegates from the #NHprimary. https://nbcnews.to/2waslgW 

Just now, PenelopeWitherspoon said:
2 minutes ago, 6th Street said:
To be fair, none of these clowns match up well against said neo facist. Just an awful group of candidates top to bottom

Biden should have run in 2016. We never would have the cheeto in chief had that happened. But nope, it was her turn.

His son had just died and he was too grief stricken. Otherwise, I think he would've - not that I think he would've won.

2 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:
4 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Biden should have run in 2016. We never would have the cheeto in chief had that happened. But nope, it was her turn.

Well, and the death of this son was around that time.  I mean, that might have played a tiny part in him not running. 

Sanders may win this (though his margin keeps getting ever-so-slightly smaller), but this is quietly catastrophic for him.

He won New Hampshire with better than 60% in 2016.  He's going to get less than 30% this time.  He didn't bring in new voters; there's no evidence of a surge of young voters.

And it's not like that other 30% stayed with a progressive and went to Warren.  They went to Buttigieg and . . . fuck--I don't even know.

The biggest problem with Sanders is that he's not expanding his base.  He's got his supporters.  But he's not building beyond that.  As Biden and Warren sluff off support, those people are going to Buttigieg and Klobuchar.  Very few are going to Sanders.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Michael Bloomberg is the luckiest man on Earth.   Buttigieg and Klobuchar are the ones left for him to deal with in the non-Bernie lane, and those two combine for more voters in f’n New Hampshire than Bernie and Warren?    

It’s going to take some really bad shit for him to screw this up.  

Put some money down on that shithead to win the nom. You’ll get fantastic odds. 

1 minute ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:
5 minutes ago, bolverk said:
His son had just died and he was too grief stricken. Otherwise, I think he would've - not that I think he would've won.

And I understand that. However, I actually think that made him more compelling and probably untouchable from certain political tactics.

Theoretically, I agree from a pure gamesmanship standpoint, but I think ol' Joe just didn't have the heart for it. I've read reports that he wasn't really interested in running this time either, but he felt compelled to due to pressure from the Party as the "electable" candidate.

Sanders may win this (though his margin keeps getting ever-so-slightly smaller), but this is quietly catastrophic for him.

He won New Hampshire with better than 60% in 2016.  He's going to get less than 30% this time.  He didn't bring in new voters; there's no evidence of a surge of young voters.

And it's not like that other 30% stayed with a progressive and went to Warren.  They went to Buttigieg and . . . fuck--I don't even know.

The biggest problem with Sanders is that he's not expanding his base.  He's got his supporters.  But he's not building beyond that.  As Biden and Warren sluff off support, those people are going to Buttigieg and Klobuchar.  Very few are going to Sanders.

Ah, there it is. Clearly, there's no difference between running against just Hillary, and running against 4 other serious candidates.

• Like 1

This post and the (relatively) high number of likes in a short amount of time...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

This case of pundit brain appears to be terminal. 

• Like 1