Survivor: Winners at War

pied

3 hours ago, pied said:

The two nest players to play the game are Rob and Sandra.  If your goal is to win, it's better to not have them in the game. On the tribe of ~9 there are two full immunities (shared by three people).  Smart move IMO, is to get him out ASAP.

I’d throw Parvati in the GOAT mix. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I believe Sandra's idol was good for three tribals, but I could be mistaken.  And yeah, no idea why she was the recipient.  Maybe Natalie figured Sandra was the most likely target/most likely to actually buy it?

That's a good point, though I think anyone would have.

my favorite scene so far was last week when rob and parv and sitting on the beach laughing in amazement that they are the two biggest threats here yet aren't getting any votes.  even they are shocked the tribe is letting them skate by.  unbelievable.  

danni's insecurity got the best of her.  she was committing suicide so they just put her out of her misery.  she played a terrible game and deserved to go.

9 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

My recollection is she just used her sex appeal in the Amazon and had enough dummies to fall for it.  But it was a long time ago so may have forgot some details.  

This is her 4th appearance. She won Micronesia, came in 2nd on Heroes vs Villains and 6th on Cook Islands. She’s way more than just a pretty face. She led a chick alliance on Micronesia that had heads spinning. Including talking a guy into giving up immunity then immediately voting him off. She’s damn good in challenges as well. 

• Like 2

I can't believe everyone dumped all of their shit out of their bags at tribal just so Rob could flush the idol. Adam was the only one that seemed aware of how ridiculous that was, or at least was the only one that had the balls to say anything. They barely even thought about it, just dumped their shit out, even the lady with the idol.

On 2/24/2020 at 6:37 PM, angelfacedmongoloid said:

I can't believe everyone dumped all of their shit out of their bags at tribal just so Rob could flush the idol. Adam was the only one that seemed aware of how ridiculous that was, or at least was the only one that had the balls to say anything. They barely even thought about it, just dumped their shit out, even the lady with the idol.

I thought it was ridiculous as well.  However, what kind of target does that put on your back if you stand up to the Robfather?  I hope somebody turns the tables on him at a future Tribal and tries to pull the same stunt.

I'm sorry to see Ethan go already.  Production focused on Michelle but I have the feeling Jeremy made that call.  Either way it was a pretty good move to let Adam completely alienate himself from everybody while still weakening the other side.  Although I'm not sure why they didn't just vote out Rob directly.

I think this game is rigged at least in that they're making sure certain players stay around for awhile.  How else are Sandra and Rob running things already?  Why did Rob and Pavarti kneecap themselves by voting out Dani when they didn't have the numbers to overcome it?

Edited by kevwun

33 minutes ago, kevwun said:

I think this game is rigged at least in that they're making sure certain players stay around for awhile.  How else are Sandra and Rob running things already?  Why did Rob and Pavarti kneecap themselves by voting out Dani when they didn't have the numbers to overcome it?

Good lord, is this post serious?  This may not be the show for you if you think it's rigged.  Or maybe it is the first season you've watched (I'm guessing it's not though). 

If you are someone like Jeremy who is considered one of the best winners ever, why get rid of someone like Rob who is a big meat shield?  There is plenty of time for that.  You weaken him by voting out a well-liked ally.  And Sandra might think she's running things but she's not, and her tribe has only been to tribal once.

No I've watched most of the seasons.  Sandra causes chaos, there is 0 upside to letting her stay around to work her magic.  The fire tokens and letting the people on extinction island sell advantages to the remaining players are mainly there so the producers can shape the game.

Edited by kevwun

1 minute ago, kevwun said:

No I've watched most of the seasons.  Sandra causes chaos, there is 0 upside to letting her stay around to work her magic.

And I agree and she will probably be gone soon.  She isn't even playing most of the challenges.  Just because Yul said he wants to keep her around since she caught a shark doesn't mean she won't go soon.  No one wants her to get to the merge.

5 minutes ago, Bosco said:

Good lord, is this post serious?  This may not be the show for you if you think it's rigged.  Or maybe it is the first season you've watched (I'm guessing it's not though). 

If you are someone like Jeremy who is considered one of the best winners ever, why get rid of someone like Rob who is a big meat shield?  There is plenty of time for that.  You weaken him by voting out a well-liked ally.  And Sandra might think she's running things but she's not, and her tribe has only been to tribal once.

disagree, the longer you keep a threat in the game the more dangerous they can become.  It takes one lucky break for Rob to get an idol/advantage and the game changes.  In a game with this many threats, take out the big ones while you can imo.

One thing we haven't discussed is Natalie's dominance over on extinction whatever.  She's owning it and no one seems to notice.  

I definitely agree about Natalie.  I wouldn't mind seeing her be the one who makes it back into the game. 

As for voting off Ethan instead of Rob, it would not be at all out of the question for Rob to have an immunity idol.  We know he doesn't, but Jeremy and Michelle don't.  Getting rid of Ethan removes some of Rob's power, and as others have said, keeps a bigger target in the game.  The down side is that it probably means that Rob will end up working with Adam in order to survive. 

• Like 1

How many times have we seen where __________ is certain to be voted off, somehow makes it through and then the attention is shifted to someone else and they end up out of the spotlight?  The game often changes on a dime and the previews allude to that(although that can be misleading).

They could have thought Rob, but Ethan could have one as well and they went all in on him.  

10 hours ago, Scraps said:

I love Rob. Amber needs to find some shit to give him

It probably would have worked out better for them if Rob had been the one sent to extinction.  He might be better at competing with Nat.  On second thought, maybe not.  He has looked very ordinary in challenges.  Getting old is a bitch.

Normally, I subscribe to the "get rid of the biggest threat" strategy, and even said that Sandra and Rob should be sent packing ASAP earlier in this thread.  That said, good under the radar players like Jeremy need to keep more obvious targets in the game. 

One thing that is easy to forget when Rob and Sandra dominate the editing is that everyone in the game has at least some skills, otherwise they would not have won.  It is entertaining watching them figure out what does and doesn't work in this scenario.   

49 minutes ago, idigTexas said:

One thing that is easy to forget when Rob and Sandra dominate the editing is that everyone in the game has at least some skills, otherwise they would not have won.  It is entertaining watching them figure out what does and doesn't work in this scenario.   

It was interesting that they all sat there with little talking after the challenge,  no one wanted to be the one to walk away and they all knew it.  

Edited by pied

I don't think Rob or Sandra are "running the game" Rob has Pav and that's it. He's at the bottom of the barrel in his tribe and they are keeping him around because he's better at Challenges then Ethan. 

Sandra is no physical threat at all and an easy vote out down the line. 

Getting the most screen time (via a very nice edit) and running the game are two totally different things. Rob and Sandra are getting a great edit #1 because they give good sound bites, #2. are polarizing players (people love them or hate them which is what viewers like to watch) 

Also, the main thing that people are forgetting is sending someone to Exile Island is a major decision based on the advantages they know can be given from the players that are there. You have to take that into account before sending someone there and know they are 100% out of the game. Basically keep your friends close and your enemies closer kind of deal. At least that is how I would be playing the game if I was there and knew that someone I vote out has a good chance to get back in the game later and could fuck me over if I don't play it right. 

2 hours ago, JimmyHoffa said:

I don't think Rob or Sandra are "running the game" Rob has Pav and that's it. He's at the bottom of the barrel in his tribe and they are keeping him around because he's better at Challenges then Ethan. 

Sandra is no physical threat at all and an easy vote out down the line. 

Getting the most screen time (via a very nice edit) and running the game are two totally different things. Rob and Sandra are getting a great edit #1 because they give good sound bites, #2. are polarizing players (people love them or hate them which is what viewers like to watch) 

Also, the main thing that people are forgetting is sending someone to Exile Island is a major decision based on the advantages they know can be given from the players that are there. You have to take that into account before sending someone there and know they are 100% out of the game. Basically keep your friends close and your enemies closer kind of deal. At least that is how I would be playing the game if I was there and knew that someone I vote out has a good chance to get back in the game later and could fuck me over if I don't play it right. 

I'm digging this season.  having the entire cast be experienced winners changes everything.  I really thought adam was the correct vote last episode and am shocked it was ethan.

the one wild card in this deal is the tokens.  who knows how they'll come into play and how they'll affect the outcome.  what's the running tally -nat has 3?  3 others have none, and everyone else has 1?

On 2/27/2020 at 6:00 AM, pied said:

“We need to upset Rob, let’s vote off Ethan who’s not really a threat in anything it appears”

Why not just vote odd Rob? You have the votes, clearly. These guys make no sense at all. 

Jeremy saved Rob.  Must be keeping him for challenges and as a meat shield.

On 2/27/2020 at 9:06 AM, kevwun said:

Why did Rob and Pavarti kneecap themselves by voting out Dani when they didn't have the numbers to overcome it?

Don't know about Pavarti, but as seen last night Rob is stubborn and fiercely loyal to his alliance and only he can initiate their demise.  He's never backed down an inch that I can recall and as soon as both Dani and Adam mentioned Pavarti they were done in Rob's eyes. 

9 minutes ago, Saint Tacky said:

Jeremy saved Rob.  Must be keeping him for challenges and as a meat shield.

Don't know about Pavarti, but as seen last night Rob is stubborn and fiercely loyal to his alliance and only he can initiate their demise.  He's never backed down an inch that I can recall and as soon as both Dani and Adam mentioned Pavarti they were done in Rob's eyes. 

Don't recall when Jeremy saved him, but they've now lost two of three, one of which was pretty much Rob's fault so that logic isn't great.  

5 hours ago, pied said:

Don't recall when Jeremy saved him, but they've now lost two of three, one of which was pretty much Rob's fault so that logic isn't great.  

I think he means that Jeremy could have engineered the vote for Rob instead of Ethan, but didn't.  We'll never know if that plan would have worked, so it's difficult to say that anyone was saved.

1 hour ago, TonyTexas said:

With Amber at Extinction, Jeremy might think Rob has an idol. 

I don't think anybody in the regular game know that the extinction island players can send gifts, or are sending gifts.  I don't think they know that those that get voted off leave their token with someone either.

On 2/28/2020 at 7:39 PM, idigTexas said:

I think he means that Jeremy could have engineered the vote for Rob instead of Ethan, but didn't.  We'll never know if that plan would have worked, so it's difficult to say that anyone was saved.

Jeremy knows that players are sending advantages from EoE because Natalie has already sent him one;  but, even with Amber on EoE Jeremy didn't throw any weight behind putting Rob up for elimination, much less attempt to smoke out a potential advantage from Amber.  He has certainly decided that it's better for his own game to have Rob in the game and to spare him while he can use him.  I seem to recall that he did something similar in Cambodia.

Weird and little slow episode overall.  Al that work for one fire token?  All of them got one, so it's not really an "advantage".  HAve to think Tyson is going to provide Natalie some competition on extinction/exile/whatever.

Adam was funny and Rob played it beautifully.  He's going into the swap and it will be interesting to see how that shakes out.  Adam's remembering what his mom told his teachers seemed dumb.  

Sandra and Rob with no votes still.  wow

2 hours ago, Horn80 said:

I don’t get how Sandra keeps sitting out of competitions will conserving her energy and they keep her around.  What the hell?

Yeah, this one bothers me a bit as well.  What happened to the "can't sit out in consecutive challenges" rule? 

1 hour ago, idigTexas said:

Yeah, this one bothers me a bit as well.  What happened to the "can't sit out in consecutive challenges" rule? 

They got rid of it presumably.  No one cares about keeping the tribe strong for challenges anymore since they've calvin-balled the game so much that tribes swap every 2 or 3 votes anyway.

Adam kissing ass after tribal was pretty funny.  Can't say I haven't been there before.

Honestly, if Sandra wins.  I may not be able to ever watch another episode.  I'm trying to think of someone in the past I've loathed more.  Hell, even Russell Hantz and his crazy nephew were kind of funny at times.

• Like 1