Survivor: Winners at War

pied

On March 20, 2020 at 7:39 PM, idigTexas said:

Hindsight is 20/20.  If Sandra, Kim, and Tony had targeted Jeremy instead of Denise, would you still think Denise wasted her second idol?

Denise and Jeremy are now a strong duo with a target on their backs. Damn good season.

And Sandra getting blindsided was icing on the cake. As someone stated above, the wife and I both were delighted.

F Sandra that lazy piece of shit.  Sit out all the challenges, then quit?  I seem to recall Probst going batshit on a guy a few years ago for quitting.  Even if you have a 1% chance, you stay the F in.  F's sake, there's a guy that survived cancer and a housewife that weighs something like 98 pounds toughing it out.

+1 on Pavarti.  

Edited by Knoxtnhorn

Sandra gonna Sandra.  At least there won't be anymore camera time wasted on her until the reunion show after final tribal. 

Yul getting voted out instead of Wendell was rough, but Michelle is still clearly obsessed with Wendell, so it's no surprise.  The older players haven't figured out how to stay relevant without having to be large and in charge.   

20 minutes ago, idigTexas said:

Sandra gonna Sandra.  At least there won't be anymore camera time wasted on her until the reunion show after final tribal. 

Yul getting voted out instead of Wendell was rough, but Michelle is still clearly obsessed with Wendell, so it's no surprise.  The older players haven't figured out how to stay relevant without having to be large and in charge.   

Yea, she still wants the Wendell dick.  She called him Babe during the challenge last night.  
+2 on the Dat Parvati ass!

the more i think about it the more i think it was bad play on denise's part to get sandra out.  i realize she's the queen, and always a good idea to vote out a threat, but she did just do you a solid.  that was a rather low blow to cut her throat after she just saved your ass.  secondly, she blew her second idol out of sheer fear and paranoia.  should have banked it and had it for next time when it will be much more valuable.  idol fail.  

1 hour ago, thrillhammer said:

the more i think about it the more i think it was bad play on denise's part to get sandra out.  i realize she's the queen, and always a good idea to vote out a threat, but she did just do you a solid.  that was a rather low blow to cut her throat after she just saved your ass.  secondly, she blew her second idol out of sheer fear and paranoia.  should have banked it and had it for next time when it will be much more valuable.  idol fail.  

Uh, we're talking about Sandra here.  She has, literally, made up lies to get past contestants knocked out of the game.  Not exaggerations, not breaking promises, not playing the game sneakily - absolute lies.  She's a dirty player and deserved this and more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Uh, we're talking about Sandra here.  She has, literally, made up lies to get past contestants knocked out of the game.  Not exaggerations, not breaking promises, not playing the game sneakily - absolute lies.  She's a dirty player and deserved this and more.

I hear you, and yes that was her schtick.  she liked to stir up shit and get players to pit against each other for no reason than they believed her lies.  

• Like 1

That was disappointing, I guess.  I kind of figured the producers were going out of their way to show Michelle as subservient, only to have her be the reason Wendell got booted at some point in the future.  I suppose not.  

Kind of odd that Tyson wasn't even thought of as an option.

11 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

That was disappointing, I guess.  I kind of figured the producers were going out of their way to show Michelle as subservient, only to have her be the reason Wendell got booted at some point in the future.  I suppose not.  

Kind of odd that Tyson wasn't even thought of as an option.

Yeah, it would have been nice to find out that Michelle was just pretending to be a doormat.  Oh well. 

It looks like Jeremy isn't as in control as he'd like to be, but he gets points for realizing that trying too hard to save Wendell wasn't worth increasing the target on his own back.  It wasn't clear who actually engineered the vote, though it appeared that it may have been Sarah.  The women continue to dominate the action. 

I thought Rob was going to end up winning the EoE challenge.  So glad he didn't.  Maybe we can have a few episodes without him.

18 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Going by what we've seen to date, I'd put my money one one of Sophie/Sarah/Michele being the winner.

Michele won't win.  Wendell will cast the deciding vote for someone else...and then we'll find out that they briefly got back together before he kicked her to the curb again.

The producers/editors have chosen to include Michelle saying at least three times (I think) she’s been knocked for being an undeserving winner, so I could see that flipped and she wins the biggest season of all. And no Mizzou/Bosco, I’m not saying this is producer game manipulation, but weaving a storyline in editing.

Speaking of announcing a winner, that could be pretty tricky. May be done on an almost empty soundstage, with however many people in attendance sitting several feet from each other. Hell, get the jury back in a giant ass Zoom array.

• Like 2

On 4/3/2020 at 5:43 PM, Vito Andolini said:

The producers/editors have chosen to include Michelle saying at least three times (I think) she’s been knocked for being an undeserving winner, so I could see that flipped and she wins the biggest season of all. And no Mizzou/Bosco, I’m not saying this is producer game manipulation, but weaving a storyline in editing.

Speaking of announcing a winner, that could be pretty tricky. May be done on an almost empty soundstage, with however many people in attendance sitting several feet from each other. Hell, get the jury back in a giant ass Zoom array.

There was a time when editing and story lines were good indicators of who the eventual winners were going to be, or at least who would go far.  I think they do a better job of mixing it up these days.  See last season as exhibit A.

Other than the amusement of watching Adam try to play Jeff's podium as an immunity idol, last night was a fairly meh episode.  So did Mchele buy the 50/50 idol or not, and if so, did Parvarti buy peanut butter for everyone?  Did my mind wander at the critical moment, or did they leave us hanging?

It's difficult to tell what alliances, if any, truly exist right now.  Everyone seems to be in "keep the target off of me" mode.  Any resume building is either not being aired to keep us guessing about the eventual winner, or people are too afraid to make any big moves yet because they know they will get voted out.  Again referencing last season, all you need to win is a strong last few days. 

I think my fav part was watching Michelle - who has been on the wrong side of just about every vote - calling the rest of the contestants morons, idiots, etc...

Dumb move on Sara's part.  Could have been 100% empathetic, but it puts a target on your back.  Nick is kind of a whiny bitch anyway.

Thinking the podium art was an idol really wasn't that bad of an idea; however, his last statement made it sound like he changed his game up because he thought it truly was an idol.  That was dumb.

Ever since they started allowing players to have discussions at tribal it has become tiresome to me.  It usually is just a rehash of same paranoia that they show going on during the day before tribal.  With Adam’s departure, Nick has assumed the little bitch title for now. 

• Like 1

Other than the amusement of watching Adam try to play Jeff's podium as an immunity idol, last night was a fairly meh episode.  So did Mchele buy the 50/50 idol or not, and if so, did Parvarti buy peanut butter for everyone?  Did my mind wander at the critical moment, or did they leave us hanging?
It's difficult to tell what alliances, if any, truly exist right now.  Everyone seems to be in "keep the target off of me" mode.  Any resume building is either not being aired to keep us guessing about the eventual winner, or people are too afraid to make any big moves yet because they know they will get voted out.  Again referencing last season, all you need to win is a strong last few days. 

She did buy the 50/50 token.

Other than some twosomes, I have absolutely no idea what the alliances are right now. It’s insane that Tony hasn’t received a single vote yet.

Adam trying to play the podium was the right move. Relying on that as anything other than a total Hail Mary, not so much. But his logic that it could be an idol was sound.

59 minutes ago, DanRydell said:

Adam trying to play the podium was the right move. Relying on that as anything other than a total Hail Mary, not so much. But his logic that it could be an idol was sound.

Don't really care that much about him, but was definitely rooting for that to be an idol.  Would have been an awesome moment.

2 hours ago, Horn80 said:

Ever since they started allowing players to have discussions at tribal it has become tiresome to me.  It usually is just a rehash of same paranoia that they show going on during the day before tribal.  With Adam’s departure, Nick has assumed the little bitch title for now. 

Agreed the first time and then a couple of more times at critical parts to a certain season it was interesting now it basically looks like Jeff has no control over the tribal and it's annoying as shit. 

However that is also on the producers as they decide what 5 minutes of the 2-3 hour tribal they decide to show. 

1 hour ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Don't really care that much about him, but was definitely rooting for that to be an idol.  Would have been an awesome moment.

I thought the same but as soon as it wouldn't budge, obviously it wasn't. I know they showed others laughing at him but you could tell that a few were scared that he was right. I bet the Survivor producers were kicking themselves for not thinking of that move.

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I thought the same but as soon as it wouldn't budge, obviously it wasn't. I know they showed others laughing at him but you could tell that a few were scared that he was right. I bet the Survivor producers were kicking themselves for not thinking of that move.

that's an example of how a producer can shape the game, and make reality tv fake as shit.   they knew in advance of tribal that adam thought that was an idol.  they could have made it an idol if it wasn't to change the game.  of maybe it was an idol the day before when he saw it and they knew he was going to play it so changed it into some permanent non-idol.  

adam and nick are both whiny and wimpy.  i'm glad one of them is gone.   neither are deserving of the win.

tony has skated by so far.  someone needs to realize that.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, thrillhammer said:

that's an example of how a producer can shape the game, and make reality tv fake as shit.   they knew in advance of tribal that adam thought that was an idol.  they could have made it an idol if it wasn't to change the game.  of maybe it was an idol the day before when he saw it and they knew he was going to play it so changed it into some permanent non-idol.  

adam and nick are both whiny and wimpy.  i'm glad one of them is gone.   neither are deserving of the win.

It's funny you should say that.  I told my wife that I'm going to call total b.s. if it turns out to be an idol.  Not so much because of the twist of having an idol at the podium, but because having Adam find it at that particular time and place would have been bunk.  

1 hour ago, thrillhammer said:

If he somehow makes it to the end, he better get every single vote.  Most of us would have said that he came into the game as one of the biggest targets and yet he has masterfully found a way to stay low key, even when he's in the middle of the strategy.  Given that we all know how he likes to play, it cannot be emphasized enough how impressive that is.

Agreed the first time and then a couple of more times at critical parts to a certain season it was interesting now it basically looks like Jeff has no control over the tribal and it's annoying as shit. 
However that is also on the producers as they decide what 5 minutes of the 2-3 hour tribal they decide to show. 
Do you think tribal really lasts that long?

Enviado desde mi SM-G973U mediante Tapatalk

5 hours ago, iodeac said:

Do you think tribal really lasts that long?

Enviado desde mi SM-G973U mediante Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Herpa Derpa said:

The average tribal lasts about 45 minutes per Probst.  Some have lasted up to two hours.

Yes sorry I over estimated 45 to 90 minutes on average. 

See I'm a dick so when Adam sat down and said "i thought that may have been something" and Jeff responded with "are you sure its not??" I would have immediately jumped in and said "I want to play it"

Then if it was something Adam would've been super fucked over lol

But it didn't matter cause it wasn't one and he was fucked anyhow

7 hours ago, Scraps said:

See I'm a dick so when Adam sat down and said "i thought that may have been something" and Jeff responded with "are you sure its not??" I would have immediately jumped in and said "I want to play it"

Then if it was something Adam would've been super fucked over lol

But it didn't matter cause it wasn't one and he was fucked anyhow

Now that would have been funny.