Survivor: Winners at War

pied

Maybe something like after the first 4 are voted out, do a battle back comp and the three losers go home. Keep doing that every 4 evictions. Still stupid, but the EOE is pretty stupid. And we won’t have a winner who was only in the game for 5 days.

7 hours ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

As it stands now its a 4 to 1 majority for Tony Sarah Ben Denise so most likely no matter who comes back from EOE is gonna be on the wrong side of the vote.  However, the right someone could pull a little chaos and expose a crack.

There may not be a need to expose a crack.  If Nat comes back, she has an idol.  If Tyson comes back, he has an idol.  If Rob comes back, he has an idol.  So if one of those three come back, they aren't immediately being voted out, crack or no crack.  Tony and Ben also have idols, which means Sarah and Denise may end up with a great opportunity to pad their resumes. 

Also, don't sleep on Tony being Tony and turning on Sarah.  It would be very much in character for him to want to make another move and take an EoE returnee to the end to increase his chances.  I do not like Tony at all, but I do respect his game play.  If he could solve a puzzle, he would be unstoppable.   

• Like 1

Both you guys are right.  Sooner or later those four are gonna have to eat one of their own.  On a side note, how unexpectedly funny (from viewer POV) would it be when Jeff tells ya' to leave and someone is standing there with their torch snuffed out.  That player says "fuck the tribe Jeff". 

13 minutes ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

Both you guys are right.  Sooner or later those four are gonna have to eat one of their own.  On a side note, how unexpectedly funny (from viewer POV) would it be when Jeff tells ya' to leave and someone is standing there with their torch snuffed out.  That player says "fuck the tribe Jeff". 

Although not verbal, Tyson did that with the finger while leaving tribal vote.  Fuck that guy.

3 hours ago, idigTexas said:

There may not be a need to expose a crack.  If Nat comes back, she has an idol.  If Tyson comes back, he has an idol.  If Rob comes back, he has an idol.  So if one of those three come back, they aren't immediately being voted out, crack or no crack.  Tony and Ben also have idols, which means Sarah and Denise may end up with a great opportunity to pad their resumes. 

Also, don't sleep on Tony being Tony and turning on Sarah.  It would be very much in character for him to want to make another move and take an EoE returnee to the end to increase his chances.  I do not like Tony at all, but I do respect his game play.  If he could solve a puzzle, he would be unstoppable.   

100%. 

Tony annoys the shit out of me but if he is still in the final 3 he will deserve to win based on resume so far. If Tony doesn't win the challenge idol I don't know how you don't take a shot at him and hope that his ego has him go home with an idol in his pocket. 

I don't know if this has been discussed, but Nick basically paid to have his ass sent to EOE.  If Ben hadn't had the disadvantage, he would have won the challenge.  I think they were voting out Nick anyway, but he pretty much sealed his own fate by taking the other option, Michelle, off the table. 

Yeah I think it would have been Michelle if he didn't buy the disadvantage.

Michelle was also right when she told Nick that he screwed himself by voting out Jeremy instead of Ben the vote before.  Although those 3 really should have been voting Tony rather than Ben anyway.

Ben doesn't seem very smart.  He kept asking who gave him the disadvantage.  Granted, it's possible everyone kept mum, but he probably could have easily figured it out by asking the other 5 to show him their fire tokens.  Surely he knew Nick had more than one and, if Nick couldn't produce any, there's his answer.

Ben's a phony.  I believe Tony when he says he would want to go to the final with the "best of the best" as he views it as an honor to compete and beat the best.  However, he's a gotdang fool if he actually believes Ben would do the same.  Ben does not want a fair fight (see his final tribal speech in his original season, pure manipulation of the worst kind), and will do what he can to try and ensure that he goes to final tribal with the weakest.  Not a terrible strategy, but not one of honor and pride.

15 minutes ago, Native Horn said:

Wonder if there will be a reunion show at the end?  Virtual reunion?

Yeah.  I've seen some stuff on Twitter where I'm pretty sure some makeshift set has been set up in Probst's garage.  Will be weird announcing a winner not in person.

Tonight will be about Tony: either he gets to cap off one of the most impressive seasons ever, or someone will take him out and ride that momentum to the end.  Rooting for Tony, a season like this deserves a dominant, unquestioned winner.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Yeah.  I've seen some stuff on Twitter where I'm pretty sure some makeshift set has been set up in Probst's garage.  Will be weird announcing a winner not in person.

Tonight will be about Tony: either he gets to cap off one of the most impressive seasons ever, or someone will take him out and ride that momentum to the end.  Rooting for Tony, a season like this deserves a dominant, unquestioned winner.

I am not a Tony fan but agree. I would have enjoyed it more if there were two dominant players that went toe to toe til the end but that obviously isn't going to happen. As impressive as Nat has been I think her getting back into the game and winning would be kind of a let down. But she has to be the clear front runner based on edit and all the advantages she has heading into the challenge to get back in. 

• Like 1

Wouldn't Nat and Michelle rather have Sarah out?  Why not force the fire making?  I also think Denise would be an easier sell to flip on Tony at the final 5 vote.

Edited by WBT

Why have people been trying to vote out Ben for weeks?  I don't get it.  He doesn't have that many friends.  He isn't driving any of the strategy.  There's no way he's going to win at the end.

And I can't believe this dipshit just told Sarah she has the idol.  

Ben is amazingly bad at puzzles.  He was working on the tier puzzle the longest and it looked like he had like 5 pieces of the first tier stacked up.  I remember thinking he was a good player when he won, but he's a pretty big dumbass in reality.

Edited by kevwun

Edge of extinction is still bullshit though and it's bullshit that Natalie got more votes than Michelle.  She was literally the first person out and followed that up by surviving zero votes in which she didn't have immunity.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, WBT said:

Edge of extinction is still bullshit though and it's bullshit that Natalie got more votes than Michelle.  She was literally the first person out and followed that up by surviving zero votes in which she didn't have immunity.

She wasn’t just sitting around on EOE. She worked her ass off and won multiple tokens and advantages, many of which affected the main game.  She had more of an influence than Michelle by a long shot. 

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, kevwun said:

It would have been ridiculous if she had won.  She only spent a handful of days actually playing survivor.

I agree. Natalie kicked ass for the whole season but it’s not playing the game to sit on an island the entire season. No matter how tough it is over there. When Tyson came back, that’s enough time to be back in the game.  Come back with 5 left isn’t enough.

i know that someone won that before doing what Natalie did but many fans and I assume former players hated it.

I agree. Natalie kicked ass for the whole season but it’s not playing the game to sit on an island the entire season. No matter how tough it is over there. When Tyson came back, that’s enough time to be back in the game.  Come back with 5 left isn’t enough.
i know that someone won that before doing what Natalie did but many fans and I assume former players hated it.

While I don’t like EOE, Natalie wasn’t just biding her time over there and bonding with jurors like Chris did. She was competing with others and strategizing to influence the game from afar and to gain advantages to help her get back into the game and to better position her if she did.

So glad this season got a deservingly great winner.

Side note: Michele shouldn’t have won, but I also wish she got a few throwaway votes. She played a MUCH better game than the typical no-vote getter.

I agree, she didn’t play a zero vote game. I also can’t recall someone just completely dominating everyone else at a puzzle like she did that first challenge tonight. That was wild.

She also joined Sandra, Amanda, and Russell as the only players to make it through their first two seasons without being voted out. Interesting that 3/4 of those lost both seasons.

Whew.  I got nervous there for a bit.  

Watching Nat bumblefuck her way through the "return" challenge only made me dislike her return even more.

Agree that Michelle should have gotten more than zero votes.  I felt bad for her having to sit through the call.

4 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

So glad this season got a deservingly great winner.

Side note: Michele shouldn’t have won, but I also wish she got a few throwaway votes. She played a MUCH better game than the typical no-vote getter.

That makes me hate Sandra even more especially how she quit on the show.

• Like 2

i seem to be the only one here that was rooting for natalie.  disappointed in her eoe tribe mates that i was certain would have her back on the jury.  as much time as they spent with her and as much as they saw what a beast she was and won almost every advantage offered.  she used those advantages to influence the game, in the short time she was there she broke up the most powerful alliance, she won immunity, she found an idol.  all amazing feats in such a short time.  

• Like 1

I’m kinda with you, thrillhammer, due to the fact she was targeted immediately due to being a known badass, so she had to fight her way back and did so in dominating fashion against all champions. She used her victories to bolster her chances of succeeding upon return (it worked) and to also disrupt  the game being played on the other side of the island. She then worked with Michele to destroy the alliance of Tony/Sarah Lacina/Ben and maybe Denise, though I’m still not certain WTF was up with Ben sacrificing himself.

That being said, Tony is certainly deserving, and I’m good with the outcome. I guess I’ve just grown a little tired of Lacina, and guilt by association had me hoping Nat would win. 

I do think the bar has now been set for returnees from any exile: if you hope to win, you’d better be willing to enter the fire making challenge and take out the baddest one left. Chris did that in his season and won, Natalie did not, and we saw what happened (it was edited to make it seem Boston Rob held it against her).

And place me aboard the “damn, Michele looked amazing last night” train.

• Like 1

It just doesn't seem like Natalie did enough on the island to improve her relationships with the other ousted players. Maybe that's what got her voted off first as well. Glad Tony won, his personality is very disarming because he doesn't take himself too seriously

Still questioning whether Ben did the right thing, he knew he couldn't win but then again why come so far just to take yourself out like that?

Enviado desde mi SM-G973U mediante Tapatalk

2 hours ago, thrillhammer said:

i seem to be the only one here that was rooting for natalie.  disappointed in her eoe tribe mates that i was certain would have her back on the jury.  as much time as they spent with her and as much as they saw what a beast she was and won almost every advantage offered.  she used those advantages to influence the game, in the short time she was there she broke up the most powerful alliance, she won immunity, she found an idol.  all amazing feats in such a short time.  

She was a worthy runner up but you be crazy if you think she deserved it more than Tony.  Boston Rob nailed it.  Take on Tony in the fire making challenge and she walks to the victory by probably getting every vote.  She pussed out and it cost her $2M.  When you come back from EOE, you have to do something dramatic and ballsy to win.  Chris showed that last season.  She didn't have the balls to do it and I can't believe 4 people actually voted for her.  Those were the only 4 people who voted with their hearts with no regard for who actually deserved to win.  Disappointing that former winners would do that when it was obvious who the winner should be.  At least there weren't any bitter jurors.  Just 4 clueless one that disregarded everything they know about Survivor.  

• Like 2