Baylor @ Texas, Big Monday disaster?

Mossyhorn

I think it’s almost assured. The bears have much to play for, we have one hope... Shaka Con to get canned. Tonight would be as good as we could hope for.

National TV audience to see how far Texas’ athletics has fallen. Baylor is the new boss, the standard, in the state of Texas ( it didn’t last long, eh, tceh?!)

Tipoff at 8:00, game effectively over shortly thereafter. 

If the team has any pride, they'll make it a game up through half time... sadly, if they get a decent lead or fall behind by more than 3 points, guys on our team tend to start chunking the long, BAD shots.  The coach and players don't seem to appreciate the rare instances where line-ups click and energy on offense results in good shots.  We just slide back into the poor discipline/discretion, 4 small lineup, and unforced errors.   It's just a circus of repeated headbanging against concrete hoping for a different outcome.  I can see this being competitive for a while until Drew runs plays to pull Sims out of the paint on defense and our guards start popping the step back jumper bricks.  Neither our coach or players seem to recognize when to stick with what might be working or how to adjust when the opposing team knows more about what you are running than 1/2 your teammates.

• Like 1

Huge differences in these two teams, besides their records. Baylor has a big edge on the boards (+5.5 on the season), steals (+2.3), & turnovers (+3.1). In short, they do everything we don’t or can’t do. Defensively, they are much better (.388 to.423).

But, I still have my hopes that Texas beats #1 (won’t happen), & knock baylor off their perch. 

If I had to make a prediction, I say we are within 5 by halftime, then Shaka breaks out the juice boxes, “just have fun” pep talk & other platitudes, and they bury us in the 2nd half, by 18. 

Hook ‘em.

Before the start of baseball Austin Regional in 2018 a group of us that did not know each other struck up a conversation while drinking beer. We talked about the baseball excitement and the upcoming Texas football season and then I mention that only person doing a shit job was Shaka and he should have been fired at the end of the season. One of the folks in the group with basketball season tickets berated me for not knowing what the hell I was talking about when it came to Shaka. I sarcastically responded, So I am one of those Texas Football fans does not know enough about basketball? He said YES!  I left it alone since I do not know enough about basketball but from a layman's point of view I knew that a good basketball coach usually does not suck for 3 years before becoming a good coach. Today, I have a feeling that fan will not be berating anyone, maybe he won't even be in his seats but what do I know I am just one of those Texas Football fans that use to love watching Texas in the tournament every year.

44 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Today, I have a feeling that fan will not be berating anyone, maybe he won't even be in his seats but what do I know I am just one of those Texas Football fans that use to love watching Texas in the tournament every year.

Wrong. That fan was @Camelback80, and the beratings will continue until morale improves.

2 hours ago, smwhorn said:

The Baylor Bears, the #1 team in the country, is only a 6 point favorite against the MIGHTY Texas Longhorns.  Six.  That's less than a touchdown.

Baylor's got some better games coming up. Could easily see them up 12-16 most of the game and give some starters a break and us hit a couple late threes to get within 6. Lol..no... we lose by 20+... Shaka factor.

5 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

No Jones or Febres. Sims in foul trouble early would guarantee it gets out of hand quickly

You’re right this is an important fact I failed to mention.

No worries, Longhorn fans; I’m sure Baker & Cunningham will be suitable replacements, and make baylor rue the day.

1 hour ago, Camelback80 said:

Baylor is a pretty simple problem. It's Butler and Teague and those are the 2 guys you need to shut the fuck down.

Also, f the OP and the rest of you with negative attitudes on game day. I'll be back in a few hours to serve you your crow.

What would you be willing to bet me on this?

1 hour ago, Camelback80 said:

Baylor is a pretty simple problem. It's Butler and Teague and those are the 2 guys you need to shut the fuck down.

Also, f the OP and the rest of you with negative attitudes on game day. I'll be back in a few hours to serve you your crow.

You’re just doing a bit now, right?