Baylor @ Texas, Big Monday disaster?

Mossyhorn

4 minutes ago, Pancho said:

I turned it off during one of our numerous scoreless stretches.

what did Drew say?

He praised the team. Said they were good. Both Huggins and Self have also stated after beating Texas that Smart is a great coach. Reminds me of when Bill Snyder said Strong deserves more time at Texas in his last year. 

I don't know, it's tough in the Big 12. We lose because Baylor is just a team full of big physical hoopers. They are built, big, tough, and play good basketball. That's hard to deal with, when we've got guys like Matt and AJ, and Ramey who are like normal-looking people who weigh less than 200 lbs. Then we play these teams like Kansas and Baylor that are full of these tough athlete ballers and it's hard. I mean is that Shaka's fault? I dunno. Our recruiting has been decent.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 10

1 minute ago, Camelback80 said:

I don't know, it's tough in the Big 12. We lose because Baylor is just a team full of big physical hoopers. They are built, big, tough, and play good basketball. That's hard to deal with, when we've got guys like Matt and AJ, and Ramey who are like normal-looking people who weigh less than 200 lbs. Then we play these teams like Kansas and Baylor that are full of these tough athlete ballers and it's hard. I mean is that Shaka's fault? I dunno. Our recruiting has been decent.

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, texaslong said:

He praised the team. Said they were good. Both Huggins and Self have also stated after beating Texas that Smart is a great coach. Reminds me of when Bill Snyder said Strong deserves more time at Texas in his last year. 

Pity praise. So pathetic and embarrassing.

btw i watched this game while downing scotches at the hotel bar here in fucking beautiful St.Louis USA, so bully for me. in a cold, midwestern, butthole of a city with nothing better to do than watch Texas lose to fucking Baylor. but hey, the burger slammed, so it's not a total loss of a night. 

4 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

HaHaHaHaHaHa....😂

Texas vs. Bailor spread: Texas +6

Final Score:   Bailor 52     Horns 45

4 hours ago, Deej said:

Laughing all the way to the bank.

I have a friend who gambled several times per week and who always wants to know if I’ve got a tip for him. 

I sent him a message around 7:15pm suggesting that he bet this game. 

I never like to sweat it out, but I was sweating it out until the last seconds. I’m hoping that the close score will keep the lines close in the future so that he can continue to bet against the Smart-led Horns with confidence. 

9 hours ago, Camelback80 said:

Lulz

3 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Ramey cant beat anyone off the dribble. I've never seen a guard so incapable of beating his man be so thoroughly convinced that he can. 

this.  personally I think our recruiting is shit(for non obvious one and done guys) despite the rankings. 

Our next three games will be interesting:

@Iowa St

TCU

@K-St

We should get two wins, maybe three. Iowa St just lost their best player, and they weren’t any good to start with. If Liddell & Williams play, and Shaka keeps Hepa from attempting treys (not happening, I think he applauds it), we should win in Ames. TCU should fall next.

I don’t think winning these games will impact Shaka’s future at Texas.

Edited by Mossyhorn

17 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

We haven't won 3 straight conference games in like 4 years so 2 out of 3 is the best you can hope for.

I think so. I don’t think there’s any way this team, as beat up as it is, wins three in a row. If it does, it gives CDC the reason he needs to keep this dud. 

1 hour ago, Mossyhorn said:

I think so. I don’t think there’s any way this team, as beat up as it is, wins three in a row. If it does, it gives CDC the reason he needs to keep this dud. 

If Shaka isn’t fired after this season CDC will suddenly be in the hot seat due to incompetence. I think CDC is aware of this and will reluctantly do the firing

Edited by perfectchaos007

33 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

If Shaka isn’t fired after this season CDC will suddenly be in the hot seat due to incompetence. I think CDC is aware of this and will reluctantly do the firing

Doubtful. CDC’s job is tied to football. Maybe baseball because how prestigious it is here. 

How the AD at Texas works. 

Edited by Js1

19 hours ago, Herpa Derpa said:

Not even close to reality.

exactly.  his job is fine if football is fine and he doesn't do stupid Patterson shit. He's accessible.  Patterson was a moron, hired Charlie and no one liked him.

That said if he keeps Shaka he's telling everyone that his quote about looking for  "top 10 performance in all sports" is just BS and that he doesn't really care about being very good in basketball. 

On 2/10/2020 at 11:00 PM, Goo Punch said:

btw i watched this game while downing scotches at the hotel bar here in fucking beautiful St.Louis USA, so bully for me. in a cold, midwestern, butthole of a city with nothing better to do than watch Texas lose to fucking Baylor. but hey, the burger slammed, so it's not a total loss of a night. 

Watching Shakaball in St. Louis is also known as the seventh rung of hell.

Hope the scotch was good at least.