2020 MLS Thread

Zepol87

Both players next tests were negative. The DC guy probably unknowingly had COVID before coming to Florida, and remnants of it caused the positive test the other day. My guess is this would have been prevented by having teams report sooner, but players were against that.

• 2 weeks later...

Timbers advance to finals.  They are playing pretty good. Still some bone headed defensive action when the game is on the line and we are up late but overall looking so so much better then the first couple games back in March. 

they play winner of Orlando/Minnesota. Minnesota spanked us 3-1 I think it was first game of the season in Portland. 

On 7/16/2020 at 7:39 PM, Captain Ron said:

For anyone that asks why I don't go out of my way to watch MLS, I present exhibit OG:

If I cared enough I can show you plenty of bone headed plays from Europe. While mls  isn’t the bestest greatest most funniest league out there it is getting better and it is our “home” league and I enjoy going to games. If I was in Europe sure I’d support those and go to those games. This argument is getting tired. 
and I saw plenty of multiple passes from both sides and the tournament as a whole. Another tired statement.

Nevermind.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/major-league-soccer/story/4155623/mls-to-restart-season-in-home-markets-aug-12

MLS revealed its plans for resuming its regular season in home markets, with the first game set to take place on Aug. 12, the day after the final of the MLS is Back Tournament.

Both FC Dallas and Nashville SC were forced to withdraw from the MLS is Back Tournament due to clusters of positive test results for COVID-19 within the playing ranks. In a bid to make up the three league games they missed, the two sides will play each other three times.

The first match will be held on Aug. 12 in Dallas. A second match, also in Dallas, will be played four days later. The third match will be held at a point later in the season.

On 8/8/2020 at 2:15 PM, Zepol87 said:

Got the email today about using my season tickets for FC Dallas this season or opting out and keeping a credit. I hate the credit shut but don't think I'm going. 

Here is some of the email

c2a579d83bd59daab702647db13e08d3.jpg

Can’t read the email but Timbers sent a similar email back in June I think. Credit money to next season and have priority for this season if they have fan attendance. I don’t think fans will be there or we will be there if allowed but it is what it is. At least we get to watch a few games over the next couple months. Since no college football...

Went to the game last night vs Nashville. I am sure everyone has heard about the bullshit fans booing and throwing shit at the players because they took a knee. Reggie Cannon and Ryan Hollingshead have come out pretty hard against the fans on this as they should. It was pretty fucking embarrassing. Not sure about the 2k ppl count because it seemed way less than that. Masks required everywhere even in parking lot.

https://www.fox4news.com/sports/fans-boo-fc-dallas-players-kneeling-during-national-anthem?fbclid=IwAR36Sa05vQ4Ot1zuRUVW6LUL0FWdewC_8uqx9DUaM4uO1Cb9zANMbpUN88o 

58 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

Went to the game last night vs Nashville. I am sure everyone has heard about the bullshit fans booing and throwing shit at the players because they took a knee. Reggie Cannon and Ryan Hollingshead have come out pretty hard against the fans on this as they should. It was pretty fucking embarrassing. Not sure about the 2k ppl count because it seemed way less than that. Masks required everywhere even in parking lot.

https://www.fox4news.com/sports/fans-boo-fc-dallas-players-kneeling-during-national-anthem?fbclid=IwAR36Sa05vQ4Ot1zuRUVW6LUL0FWdewC_8uqx9DUaM4uO1Cb9zANMbpUN88o 

Frisco gonna Frisco?

1 hour ago, Zepol87 said:

Had to miss the game last night as had other plans, but just so damn embarrassing for us. Allowing fans didn't seem like the best idea with COVID in DFW, but it resulting in this is just so, so disappointing. 

Hopefully the club comes out and says something. 

2 hours ago, GabrielsHorn said:

Had to miss the game last night as had other plans, but just so damn embarrassing for us. Allowing fans didn't seem like the best idea with COVID in DFW, but it resulting in this is just so, so disappointing. 

Hopefully the club comes out and says something. 

I was nervous about the fans but it's FC Dallas. Pre covid we didn't have a full house but it wasn't bad. They moved the supporters into the HOF section and we had a ton of room. Entrance and exits are designated per seat section. No moving at all. 

The club came out with a pc statement earlier. Nothing big

On 8/17/2020 at 1:27 AM, Zepol87 said:

All but confirmed that this was Reggie's last game for FC Dallas. Well deserved

Do you know where he's going?

When is Paxton going to ship off? He should go in January. 

(The big owner, not the little brother, told me in February that Paxton was going to stick around for now because he enjoys playing with a lot of the other guys... that was pre-season, pre-COVID, pre 3 game scoreless streak to restart the season...)

21 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Do you know where he's going?

When is Paxton going to ship off? He should go in January. 

(The big owner, not the little brother, told me in February that Paxton was going to stick around for now because he enjoys playing with a lot of the other guys... that was pre-season, pre-COVID, pre 3 game scoreless streak to restart the season...)

He talked with us after the last Nashville game in the stands. A France move was all but done from what we were told. He told us he was spending time learning it for a reason he couldn't tell us. We got word a couple days ago that a Russian club is offering serious money. No idea who however not the money made the club think about it. 

Paxton is evdently on limited minutes to not reinjure so not sure he will go as soon as January but he needs to

In other news. Paxton is done, he is having hip surgery. 

Orlando up 1-0 on ATL. I thought Atlanta had a goal on the corner but never got to see a replay worth a fuck and supposedly they checked and it wasn't but it's MLS so I don't trust that shit.

Here is a little more info on the Reggie transfer deal

Here’s what a French team has to do with Reggie Cannon’s Portuguese transfer

by Buzz CarrickSeptember 2, 2020Leave a Commenton Here’s what a French team has to do with Reggie Cannon’s Portuguese transfer

All signs point to the final stages of the Reggie Cannon transfer saga being near completion. The deal is far enough along that Cannon is no longer playing for FC Dallas and we don’t expect to see him again unless his move falls apart.

But it does seem like it’s taking a long time to get the deal across the finish line. Perhaps a few details will make it clear why that is.

By now, most of you will have read the reports that I can confirm are accurate – according to my sources, it’s Boavista FC that is the Portuguese team Cannon is potentially transferring to. *shock face*

But back on August 14th, I mentioned a french team was interested in Cannon and was talking transfer numbers with FCD that met the Texas club’s valuation. That team, say my sources – a team that has been guessed by multiple people – is Lille OSC.

Yet Lille – known for astute transfer dealings and player development – already has a right back transfermarkt.us says is worth $17.6 million: Zeki Celik.

And that’s why Boavista is involved. Lille is interested in Cannon for a season or two down the line. In the meantime, they want to stash him at Boavista, a club that is being partially purchased by Lille’s owner Gérard Lopez.

So while the relationship is obvious, the mechanics are not. Who’s paying how much of Cannon’s transfer and salary is, I’m sure, part of the slow nature of this transfer. Lille buy and a loan to Boavista? Partial or shared buy? Boavista buy and eventually sale/loan to Lille? How much of a sell-on percentage does FCD want? These things are complicated when it’s just two teams, add a third and it convolutes even more.

The Lille interest is also why I can confirm that at least one of the Belgium clubs interested in Cannon was indeed SV Zulte Waregem. Aside from it being 28 miles by car from Lille’s stadium to Essevee‘s, there have been a few loans from Lille to Zulte Waregem as well, like Soualiho Meïté and Junior Malanda.

As for the Russian team that came in for Cannon, I haven’t gotten their name. But my sources said the offer was enough to gum up the works a bit even while it’s not a league or nation I would recommend for Cannon.

So stay tuned, hopefully Cannon’s move will be done soon

Man, Bressan took a beating tonight. At least he was better at absorbing shots than the Stars were tonight.

A good, if lucky, point. I really don't like how deep Jara plays at points, particularly later in the game. He didn't really provide an outlet, and it led to a few points where the wings had no one to cross it to in the box on the break. That Barrios handball is interesting too to say the least.

• 1 month later...

Another great day for the FC Dallas Front Office clowns. After Reggie Cannon kneeled for the anthem and the fans were booing and threw shit on the field at them he was asked to make a statement and apologize. Reggie spoke up about it on a podcast and it is getting picked up by ESPN and BR now. FC Dallas has not said anything about it but "word on the street" is Gina Miller tried to force this to please some fans who were very upset at the kneeling and Reggie said nope fuck off.  If you want to take a listen he talks about it here. 

Edited by Zepol87

• 1 month later...