Mike Campbell with The Dirty Knobs

DougO

There isn't much to tell. It wasn't a guitar show like a TBatHB's concert. It was more like a Mudcrutch show.

He started out playing the white Thunderbird in the picture I posted. He broke a string on the 2nd song and that seemed to really throw him off. He switched to a Duesenberg Les Paul mid-song. He must've had some alt-tunings in place because the next couple songs where straight up rockers and he kept commenting that the broken string had blown up his set list.

Finally the Firebird came back out, but there was another one identical to it that he kept was witching between. They were identical except that one had an autograph from somebody behind the bridge.

For one song he had the whole band on matching white Firebirds, it was kind of a ZZ Top moment.

The whole show he kept talking about the set list thing, and they played a lot of stuff I don't think they had planned to.

He came back with the Duesenberg for the encore.

I think they played 4 TP songs w/ Mike putting his own take on all of them except "You Wreck Me", they rocked the fuck outta that song.

20220416_220040.jpg20220416_224751.jpg