Help me buy a chainsaw

in re: ethanol
I used my Toro mower yesterday. It has the Kohler engine.  I hadn't noticed before, but the gas cap says "maximum 10% ethanol".   So, I presume that all of the newer equipment is designed for ethanol gas. 

Pretty much everything says that now. That just means it’s tuned to run that mess.

Also means they use the upgraded hoses that won’t flake off into a million pieces and fill the carb bowls up with shit.  

Had an outboard once that was built pre-ethanol. Would run like a scalded ass ape down the ditch but as soon as you got into any waves it would die off. When I pulled the bowls out, it was like someone had filled them with black glitter.  Apparently the glitter (pieces of fuel hose eaten up by ethanol) would agitate and plug up the jets.  It also just burns like shit. Team fuck outta here with ethanol. 

E-Go electric. Just keep bar oil on hand.  Love mine. I have the 16"

I had the 14” ego for 4 years and 8 months before I had my first problem. It was still covered under the 5 year manufacturer warranty. They replaced the motor and circuit board. I tried to tell them it’s better for both of us if they just give me one of the new 18” but they didn’t bite. Anyways, a 5 year manufacturer warranty included in price and never ever pulling a cord has been nice over the last 4 years. Oh and I carry a backpack with oil and an extra battery or two into the field. By the time I go through the oil and/or batteries I’m too tired to keep going anyways. Charge, rest, and cut all’s the cedars/juniper.

7 hours ago, 4th_and_18 said:

I had the 14” ego for 4 years and 8 months before I had my first problem. It was still covered under the 5 year manufacturer warranty. They replaced the motor and circuit board. I tried to tell them it’s better for both of us if they just give me one of the new 18” but they didn’t bite. Anyways, a 5 year manufacturer warranty included in price and never ever pulling a cord has been nice over the last 4 years. Oh and I carry a backpack with oil and an extra battery or two into the field. By the time I go through the oil and/or batteries I’m too tired to keep going anyways. Charge, rest, and cut all’s the cedars/juniper.

I too wear out before going thru my two batteries.

The E-go blower is what uses up the battery the fastest in my experience. I have the 15" weed wacker as well.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP