Herman Press Conference LHN 2pm cst

LTtxfan

2 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

So he’s got a near 80% failure rate on hires he’s familiar with but is still afraid to go outside his circle??

ok. 

Well, there's 10 assistant positions, so if you're hitting at 20% on them, that means you only need to hire 50 guys to eventually get it right. Who knows how high that number goes if you're not familiar with them? /MENSA-Math

28 minutes ago, satyanash said:

🙄

Always a great sign when someone is hire in part due to them "blowing him away in the interview". Steve Patterson blew the UT people away in the interview. One of the reasons he keeps getting gigs is that he's apparently a complete wizard in the interview. 

Another good sign on Valai is that Chris Ash vouched for him. This is the same Chris Ash that hired, as far as I can tell in doing more than a cursory glance a few months ago, the worst P5 staff in the last 10 years across all of CFB, and I'd venture that it might be the worst one ever. It's got to be top 10 all time bad, at least modern era-wise. 

Whittington was the frosh who got injured early and had only a handful of carries?

From the extremely small sample size, he looked quicker than a waterbug. If this new role gets him the ball in space, I'm all for it, although I was looking forward to seeing what he could do with more carries at tailback.

Just now, Braff Zacklin said:

Whittington was the frosh who got injured early and had only a handful of carries?

From the extremely small sample size, he looked quicker than a waterbug. If this new role gets him the ball in space, I'm all for it, although I was looking forward to seeing what he could do with more carries at tailback.

Yeah, I'd rather Whittington remain as a Flex RB.

Herman on moving Joe Ossai to the “Jack” position, which will allow for more rush off the edge: “He’s aggressive, he’s twitchy, he’s fearless. I love him. I absolutely love him.”

# of times Ossai drops back into coverage + the # of times our offense throws to stationary receivers behind the line of scrimmage = X

If X < 4, we win

If X is > or = 4, we lose.

If X is > 7 at any point in 2020, Monday morning after the game, Bellmont will look like the church scene in The Kingsman.

1 hour ago, KYHorn said:

"When you go (hire) outside of who you're familiar with, it becomes more of a crapshoot."

Cue the three months of Surly grinding on this quote.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Always a great sign when someone is hire in part due to them "blowing him away in the interview". Steve Patterson blew the UT people away in the interview. One of the reasons he keeps getting gigs is that he's apparently a complete wizard in the interview. 

Another good sign on Valai is that Chris Ash vouched for him. This is the same Chris Ash that hired, as far as I can tell in doing more than a cursory glance a few months ago, the worst P5 staff in the last 10 years across all of CFB, and I'd venture that it might be the worst one ever. It's got to be top 10 all time bad, at least modern era-wise. 

ctj with a negative spin on the situation!  What a shock.

27 minutes ago, thepop said:

Moves like Overshown to LB and Epps to TE we could have suggested a long time ago. Tom does everything one year too late.

I, for one, am suggesting Epps to the bench.  Him trying (or likely not) to block on the edge will be quite comical.

• Like 1