Herman Press Conference LHN 2pm cst

LTtxfan

40 minutes ago, WBT said:

I, for one, am suggesting Epps to the bench.  Him trying (or likely not) to block on the edge will be quite comical.

agreed.  i have no idea how this guy gets on the field.  he is so afraid of contact that i'm pretty sure he would run out of bounds if faced with my five year old daughter on the edge.  we think he can actually block in a multiple set?

christ.

5 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

Cue the three months of Surly grinding on this quote.

ctj with a negative spin on the situation!  What a shock.

It’s fine, Trash. You’re on the side that thinks Ash and Herman made a bunch of stud defensive hires. I’m on the side that thinks Valai has no business even being an analyst at Texas. I think Hagen is a trash hire. The hire from SCar was fine. The Giles keep was meh and Ash was a lazy comfort hire. I’m comfortable with Surly history judging us, and I’m sure you are too. 

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

It’s fine, Trash. You’re on the side that thinks Ash and Herman made a bunch of stud defensive hires. I’m on the side that thinks Valai has no business even being an analyst at Texas. I think Hagen is a trash hire. The hire from SCar was fine. The Giles keep was meh and Ash was a lazy comfort hire. I’m comfortable with Surly history judging us, and I’m sure you are too. 

You presume a lot.

10 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Well you are the most depressing, negative poster on this entire board so there is that.

18 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Well you are the most depressing, negative poster on this entire board so there is that.

When people call me negative on here, they show themselves to be clowns who can’t discern tone versus intent.

And of course you’d show up to defend something about the coaches. It’s like a bat signal for some of you guys. Irrespective of whether any benefit of the doubt is merited (it isn’t), someone, by gawd, took a shot at your coach and his hiring behaviors and that. will. not. stand. All that’s missing now is echeese and cdt23 to make appearances in full support of you and Trash’s takes. 

27 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

When people call me negative on here, they show themselves to be clowns who can’t discern tone versus intent.

And of course you’d show up to defend something about the coaches. It’s like a bat signal for some of you guys. Irrespective of whether any benefit of the doubt is merited (it isn’t), someone, by gawd, took a shot at your coach and his hiring behaviors and that. will. not. stand. All that’s missing now is echeese and cdt23 to make appearances in full support of you and Trash’s takes. 

Your reading comprehension is severely lacking.

Please quote me where I defended something about our coaches.

21 minutes ago, tonedeaf said:

Say what you want about the coaching hires, but I am FOR the University of Texas.   Just cause these guys may not be "splash" hires, doesn't mean they wont be successful.  Its way over my pay-grade so I'm just gonna say Hook'em Horns.  

Good stuff, chief.

1 hour ago, tonedeaf said:

Say what you want about the coaching hires, but I am FOR the University of Texas.   Just cause these guys may not be "splash" hires, doesn't mean they wont be successful.  Its way over my pay-grade so I'm just gonna say Hook'em Horns.  

I don't think the argument is that there's no way the hires won't be successful.  The argument is that some are very solidly in the "we sure hope they're successful" instead of the " pretty sure they'll be successful" categories.

Also, in some ways you've overcomplicating this.  For example, if the coach has 7-10 years of experience with consistent results and occasional high delta seasons either way then you can go to the "countless" variables when trying to figure out the highs and lows.  When the coach has 27 years of experience with the same consistent results, or in Valai's case has pretty much zero coaching experience, then you can pretty much count on the results attained over 27 years to happen again or not hope for much in the DB coach's case.

Edited by Bobby_Batronic
Because I felt like it.

There’s a big difference between voicing one’s displeasure over a hire, or concern over failure, and constantly re-voicing the same shit in a whiny, temper-tantrum style manner, shouting down anyone who doesn’t agree. Even worse when you do it based on the idea that CTJ has told you what to like or disapprove of.

Some of y’all take this way too seriously. I love Texas but I can’t control the hires. Some of y’all think if you cry enough something might happen... When you combine that with the high odds you know very little about what you speak, you should probably just relax. And no, not incessantly bitching doesn’t make me pro Herman or anti-Texas success.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

Yeah....nobody thinks they'll effect the hiring process via a message board.

We’ve got guys handing out the AD’s email, begging people to blast him and “hold him accountable” for Herman’s position coach hires.... sorry, but you’re wrong on this one.

Edited by The Earl of Texas

14 minutes ago, The Earl of Texas said:

We’ve got guys handing out the AD’s email, begging people to blast him and “hold him accountable” for Herman’s position coach hires.... sorry, but you’re wrong on this one.

That’s a bit different than just posting on a message board in which case I’d agree. 

4 hours ago, tonedeaf said:

Totally, bro, totally for sure.

4 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Your reading comprehension is severely lacking.

Please quote me where I defended something about our coaches.

All you do is bitch when people say something negative regarding coaches. Actually, you may do way more than that for all I know. I feel like every time I see your handle, you're bitching because someone said something about the staff. It doesn't really matter beyond that, because that tells me that you bring negative value to my experience on the board, which isn't necessary. So I'm putting you on ignore and moving on. 

2 hours ago, The Earl of Texas said:

There’s a big difference between voicing one’s displeasure over a hire, or concern over failure, and constantly re-voicing the same shit in a whiny, temper-tantrum style manner, shouting down anyone who doesn’t agree. Even worse when you do it based on the idea that CTJ has told you what to like or disapprove of.

Some of y’all take this way too seriously. I love Texas but I can’t control the hires. Some of y’all think if you cry enough something might happen... When you combine that with the high odds you know very little about what you speak, you should probably just relax. And no, not incessantly bitching doesn’t make me pro Herman or anti-Texas success.

I've posted a spectrum of thoughts around the coaching hires. It's simple-minded and reductive to claim otherwise when it is very clear that you're familiar with my posts. But hey, that's easier than being even remotely objective and being able to judge posts based on their content, rather than how you've decided to feel emotionally about the poster. 

Also, you do every other poster on this board a disservice to claim that I, or any other poster, am impacting their behavior. You're projecting your own weak-minded silliness on everyone else. You may be a moth to my flame, but much of the rest of the board is capable of independent thinking.

2 hours ago, The Earl of Texas said:

I've done none of this. I've posted along with many others my confusion, happiness, or disdain about various hires during the process on a message board that serves as a community of those sharing a common interest and pursuing informed discourse. 

You've constructed an idiot's strawman, and now I'm just wondering if you're going to be able to find a way to rub your pencil dick and a twig together fast enough to create the spark that will burn it to the ground, as you breathe openly through your mouth and brag loudly to your cube mates about your crafty logic maneuvers. This is the common form of behavior coming from you in your posting history and why you've repeatedly been sent to timeout or had your posts removed from the thread by the mods.