Adam Driver

Goo Punch

He seems to be sort of the "it" guy right now, but he hasn't blown me away in anything i've seen him in (not that i've seen a ton of his work in the first place). what are the best movies that he's been in, and what are some of his best performances (if they aren't in the aforementioned movies)? i'll hang up now and listen. 

I'm sure all three would thoroughly enjoy my company, and my mad cooking skillz. also, turns out Andrew Luck is awesome, and i've done a 180 on him, so he'd be more than welcome.

As for the other two, I could use the opportunity to ask Adam Driver what movies he's good in, and to ask Shaka, "Yo what the fuck man?!"

2 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Wait . . . you haven't seen him in any of the Star Wars movies?

I think he's okay overall, but was perfectly cast as Kylo Ren in The Force Awakens.

Yeah, but J.J. Abrams fucked up the camera work in TFA so far as making him menacing. Unless that is what he wanted.

Until I saw Logan Lucky I had no idea that the guy was as big as he is, Close to 6’-3”, and 210 lbs. He should have towered over Ridley’s 5’-6” frame. Especially in character and costumes.

15 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Wait . . . you haven't seen him in any of the Star Wars movies?

I think he's okay overall, but was perfectly cast as Kylo Ren in The Force Awakens.

I think I saw the first "new" Star Wars with Ewan McGregor and it sucked worse that than the original third installment with the little Muppet bears running around.

It has sucked ever since.

6 minutes ago, Scooter Monzingo said:

Yeah, but J.J. Abrams fucked up the camera work in TFA so far as making him menacing. Unless that is what he wanted.

Until I saw Logan Lucky I had no idea that the guy was as big as he is, Close to 6’-3”, and 210 lbs. He should have towered over Ridley’s 5’-6” frame. Especially in character and costumes.

That's a good point, but was probably intentional on the part of Abrams so as not to make the heroine appear so diminutive.  Kind of like how directors have historically gone to great lengths to mask just how short Tom Cruise is. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

I think I saw the first "new" Star Wars with Ewan McGregor and it sucked worse that than the original third installment with the little Muppet bears running around.

Can't argue with that.   But Force Awakens was a nice course correction for the franchise.  Give it a shot.

3 hours ago, Scooter Monzingo said:

Adam Driver Braski

he's very, very tall.

he's a very good actor. he hits emotional notes extremely well.

i dug him as Kylo Ren,

and he's sexy-ugly, which makes him unique in Hollywood (William Dafoe, Mick Jagger, Sean Penn are other examples, in case y'all don't know what sexy-ugly is lol). his height and his general alpha-male demeanor add to that. 

Edited by mchookem

14 minutes ago, mchookem said:

he's very, very tall.

he's a very good actor. he hits emotional notes extremely well.

i dug him as Kylo Ren,

and he's sexy-ugly, which makes him unique in Hollywood (William Dafoe, Mick Jagger, Sean Penn are other examples, in case y'all don't know what sexy-ugly is lol). his height and his general alpha-male demeanor add to that. 

are you posting this from your bunk?

15 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

He seems to be sort of the "it" guy right now, but he hasn't blown me away in anything i've seen him in (not that i've seen a ton of his work in the first place). what are the best movies that he's been in, and what are some of his best performances (if they aren't in the aforementioned movies)? i'll hang up now and listen. 

Patterson is the best vehicle for appreciating Driver. Just you and Driver, hanging out, and writing pomes.  And a bulldog.