2 ohio state players charged with rape, kidnapping

elfenix

ken starr headed to c-bus right now

Two current Ohio State football players are in trouble on Tuesday night. Senior cornerback Amir Riep and redshirt senior defensive back Jahsen Wint were charged with rape and kidnapping by the Franklin County Municipal Court. Warrants were issued for both players' arrest with potential charges of first-degree felonies. The news was first reported by Dan Hope of Eleven Warriors.

https://247sports.com/college/ohio-state/Article/Ohio-State-Buckeyes-football-Amir-Riep-Jahsen-Wint-charged-with-rape-kidnapping--143697881/

Edited by elfenix

48 minutes ago, Bama Llama said:

Goodbye, Columbus.

What evidence is there in existence that Ohio State might face anything remotely damaging or limiting to the power and daily functioning of their football program due to crimes against humanity committed under its watch?

Edited by Iceman
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Iceman said:

What evidence is there in existence that Ohio State might face anything remotely damaging or limiting to the power and daily functioning of their football program due to crimes against humanity committed under its watch?

Sorry, couldn't resist.  The news story made me think of a Richard Benjamin - Ali MacGraw late 60s dramedy based on a Philip Roth book overflowing with sexual repression and tragic results thereof.  Ali's character's older brother was a former OSU basketball jock who pined fir his glory days, sitting in his room playing a hokey nostalgic LP entitled "Goodbye, Columbus."

Of course the arrestees are innocent until proven otherwise.  Prrhaps DNA will shorten the drama.

2 hours ago, Bama Llama said:

Sorry, couldn't resist.  The news story made me think of a Richard Benjamin - Ali MacGraw late 60s dramedy based on a Philip Roth book overflowing with sexual repression and tragic results thereof.  Ali's character's older brother was a former OSU basketball jock who pined fir his glory days, sitting in his room playing a hokey nostalgic LP entitled "Goodbye, Columbus."

Of course the arrestees are innocent until proven otherwise.  Prrhaps DNA will shorten the drama.

This?

The Association?

54 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

I have not read everything about this but the part I read was it started out as consensual sex but turned into rape.

I do not doubt that possibility but I am skeptical if that is the case.

You don't find it believable that a woman decides to have sex with a guy, but objects when he invites his buddy to have a turn?

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

I have not read everything about this but the part I read was it started out as consensual sex but turned into rape.

I do not doubt that possibility but I am skeptical if that is the case.

You need to read the whole account and/or learn the definition of rape. Howard Stern has a good take - if she says no just a few seconds before you finish, then you need to stop because it's rape. And he isn't saying that sarcastically. But this tOSU story is far worse than that. 

Some gems from one of their posters, AlphaBuckeye06, who has like 30k comments on their board.

This is very very bad. Obviously their not playing at OSU next season and will probably be kicked out of the university. Looks like the secondary takes a hit losing Riep. Under 85 tho

Someone commented that they'd still boot them even if acquitted because of the circumstances of the incident.

Disagree man, IF these charges aren’t true then they should be reinstated right away just like Damon Webb. OSU players have gangbangs. That’s your REWARD for being a buckeye. You live like a king and have sex with women that others don’t get. They earned it with all those hours of training and hard work.

They shouldn’t lose their athletic lives over a lie IF and I mean IF they ended up being acquitted. Obviously if it’s rape then they should serve some prison time

Another person posts about how shameful it is how so many people are just worried about losing players instead of the victim/incident.

Nobody on this board can do anything about that. This board is for OSU football. I’m sure there are message boards for rape victims one can visit if they need that outlet

38 minutes ago, Hmbre97 said:

Some gems from one of their posters, AlphaBuckeye06, who has like 30k comments on their board.

Someone commented that they'd still boot them even if acquitted because of the circumstances of the incident.

Another person posts about how shameful it is how so many people are just worried about losing players instead of the victim/incident.

giphy.gif

41 minutes ago, Hmbre97 said:

The "reward" guy.  Holy fucking shit.