Dead Infant - Nothing to see here, folks.

SquishMitten

Anybody following this story?

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/local/austin-baby-dead-auto-parts-store-police/269-0764b3db-fa75-4ee2-968e-eebf15da6258

2 month old found dead in an old truck at 4am Monday morning. APD says there's nothing suspicious about it. Can't find any updates since then. I can't for the life of me think of a scenario where this isn't suspicious. Anybody know more about it?

Second hand info. - She does a fair amount of drugs. She and the guy she is dating live in a truck at the junkyard. The guy she is dating works at the junkyard. She says she rolled over on the baby. This is probably true because it was a cold night and she was probably messed up.

Edited by Bevo

1 minute ago, Bevo said:

Second hand info. - She does a fair amount of drugs. She and the guy she was dating live in a truck at the junkyard and the guy she dating works at the junkyard. She says she rolled over on the baby. This is probably true because it was a cold night and she was probably messed up.

How obese is she?

12 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I saw her in the video from the scene and she didn't look obese. Another boyfriend of hers had wanted to adopt the baby. No one called CPS on her but I know people wanted to.

Maybe it's my background, but WTF???????????????

"Yeah, this situation is not quite bad enough yet.  i'll keep my concerns about a child's LIFE to myself."

Sorry, but I don't get that mentality at all.  Other people's feelings/ opinions don't trump the well-being of that child.

28 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Second hand info. - She does a fair amount of drugs. She and the guy she is dating live in a truck at the junkyard. The guy she is dating works at the junkyard. She says she rolled over on the baby. This is probably true because it was a cold night and she was probably messed up.

“You know Ms Buckman, you need a license to buy a dog or drive a car.  Hell you need a license to catch a fish.  But they’ll let any butt-reaming asshole become a father”

Edited by Homercles
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Maybe it's my background, but WTF???????????????

"Yeah, this situation is not quite bad enough yet.  i'll keep my concerns about a child's LIFE to myself."

Sorry, but I don't get that mentality at all.  Other people's feelings/ opinions don't trump the well-being of that child.

I grew up privileged, so the chances of me running into something like this is pretty slim. But, I would imagine that if you live on the wrong side of town, you see people living in cars and in dirty homes, etc. pretty frequently. It seems like CPS could just hang out in the hood and investigate non-stop. But, yeah, I guess the obvious answer is that anytime there is a question to call CPS.

3 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I grew up privileged, so the chances of me running into something like this is pretty slim. But, I would imagine that if you live on the wrong side of town, you see people living in cars and in dirty homes, etc. pretty frequently. It seems like CPS could just hang out in the hood and investigate non-stop. But, yeah, I guess the obvious answer is that anytime there is a question to call CPS.

I doubt you grew up “privileged.”  I would wager you grew up close to the norm. 

“Running into something like this” is not the norm; however, I will say it’s becoming more prevalent.  

12 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Has there ever been a case of CPS removing children from homeless parents? Honest question.

1 hour ago, Bevo said:

If you're high, in a truck, roll over and suffocate your baby, that seems like something that would warrant an arrest/investigation.

But if that's the case, I guess it was just really bad/odd reporting. It was on the APD twitter feed and every local news outlet had a story, even a few with reporters on the scene. And saying a dead baby was "found" made it sound like somebody just stumbled upon it.  

29 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

If you're high, in a truck, roll over and suffocate your baby, that seems like something that would warrant an arrest/investigation.

But if that's the case, I guess it was just really bad/odd reporting. It was on the APD twitter feed and every local news outlet had a story, even a few with reporters on the scene. And saying a dead baby was "found" made it sound like somebody just stumbled upon it.  

Other people work at the junkyard but they may have been hesitant to call the police. I don't know. But, from what I was told, the girl had been offered a hotel room when it was cold outside, but she turned it down.

Mothers have been charged with manslaughter for rolling over on their baby and suffocating them, but typically only when it was discovered that the mothers were on drugs. Then there's the lady in Pennsylvania who did it twice, and was arrested for possession of meth while pregnant with the second child she eventually rolled over on and suffocated. She got four years in prison and six years probation, with the stipulation she would have to surrender any child she might bear during that period of time, and not have any contact with minors, including her other non-dead children. 

3 hours ago, irishtexan said:

Mothers have been charged with manslaughter for rolling over on their baby and suffocating them, but typically only when it was discovered that the mothers were on drugs. Then there's the lady in Pennsylvania who did it twice, and was arrested for possession of meth while pregnant with the second child she eventually rolled over on and suffocated. She got four years in prison and six years probation, with the stipulation she would have to surrender any child she might bear during that period of time, and not have any contact with minors, including her other non-dead children. 

I don't know where I stand on this, but I doubt that she will stop doing drugs if she goes to prison. I also doubt she will use better birth control in the future and avoid having another child. I also doubt her going to prison will keep others from committing similar crimes. But since she did the crime, she should serve the time. There is always the chance that she will change her life.

11 hours ago, Bevo said:

The most shocking part of this story is that a homeless guy living in a truck in a junkyard has a live in girlfriend. 

8 hours ago, irishtexan said:

they should have stipulated that she had to smoke all the meth she could for an hour then let someone trained in anatomy run one of these up her cunt for about an hour to stop any future issues

robot_coupe_mp800.jpeg