Whats your rank for Night Court among the other 30 min 80s comedies?

AUS-97HORN

Here is someone's take from IMDB. I had mostly forgotten many of those. 

They have Night Court at 24/25.

Edited to add: I seem to remember that there was a rumor that Clinton appreciated Markie's rudeness in the Lincoln Bedroom during the 90s, ( but I don't remember whether it was Bill or Hillary).

Edited by DoobieWah

And she had the sexiest voice too, kinda Smokey but bubbly at the same time.  I was very young when they show was on, but dad let me watch it because he liked ted knight and the blonde. 

#notthatthereisanythingwrongwithteammonroe

• 1 month later...

Speaking of Markie Post. Occasionally when there's nothing else on I'll watch a little bit of a rerun of the old Buck Rogers series just to get a look at Erin Grey. I was quite the fan as a kid. Lo and behold, who should turn up as a guest star on the show tonight but Markie in distinctively different wardrobe than what she wore on Night Court. Yowza. 

pqhzxvgc0pxz.jpg

• Like 4

11 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Speaking of Markie Post. Occasionally when there's nothing else on I'll watch a little bit of a rerun of the old Buck Rogers series just to get a look at Erin Grey. I was quite the fan as a kid. Lo and behold, who should turn up as a guest star on the show tonight but Markie in distinctively different wardrobe than what she wore on Night Court. Yowza. 

pqhzxvgc0pxz.jpg

I'm guessing Buck was interested in getting to know her better 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2020 at 5:46 PM, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Would Taxi be considered 1980’s even thought it started in the 70s?  It ran until 1983 I think.  If so, I put that second behind Cheers.  I did love me some Night Court though.

I agree on Taxi. You could say the same thing about WKRP in Cincinnati which ended in ‘82. But you could stretch it, Seinfeld started in ‘89. Cheers though, with Diane, was my favorite show in the 80’s. Then Night Court. 

My absolute favorite television show of all time as a kid. Like a lot of great shows in that area era, it over extended its run and limped to the finish line, but it’s peak was funny as hell. Just a great concept for a show that allowed for a core cast to deal with a diverse general public. And the core cast was fantastic. I particularly liked the interactions between Dan/Harry and later Dan/Roz. I’ve always kinda felt Newsradio was its late 90’s clone.  

On March 24, 2020 at 8:05 PM, Bender Bending Rodriguez said:

My absolute favorite television show of all time as a kid. Like a lot of great shows in that area era, it over extended its run and limped to the finish line, but it’s peak was funny as hell. Just a great concept for a show that allowed for a core cast to deal with a diverse general public. And the core cast was fantastic. I particularly liked the interactions between Dan/Harry and later Dan/Roz. I’ve always kinda felt Newsradio was its late 90’s clone.  

Don't insult NewsRadio by comparing it to Night Court. NewsRadio was ten times the show Night Court was and still holds up today (RIP Phil). 

• Hook 'Em 2

• 1 year later...
On 3/26/2020 at 1:21 PM, Bender Bending Rodriguez said:

Lol.. I’m a huge fan of Newsradio and watch full episodes on YouTube all the time. It’s run was fantastic, but only for four seasons. The fifth season after Phil died was terrible and unwatchable. 

Lulz. It took me awhile to find this thread. But yeah, from the Markie Post thread to the “‘Night Court’ is coming back!” thread to this one, it’s obvious that you’re a huge Night Court fan. I watched it as a kid but I find it unwatchable now. I’d rather watch the last season of NewsRadio. But that’s not why I’m bumping this thread.

Due to the oversight of Marsha Warfield in the Markie Post thread, I wanted to post some of her stand-up but I didn’t think that was the appropriate place to put it. She was funny as hell. If she and Harry Anderson were doing stand-up on opposite sides of the street, I’d go see her. Warning: this is very, very NSFW.