Your go to DQ Blizzard

Both Tacos

10 hours ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Heath. 

I haven’t been to a DQ since probably 2001 or so, but see they have a snickerdoodle flavor now soooooo this weekend I’ll go. Some of the ones here don’t serve food, it’s weird.

They get carried away with the cinnamon mixture on the Snickerdoodle. Did not care for it.

19 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Why they stopped making Mint Oreo a year-round, always-on-the-menu item, I don't know, but I do know that every time it is on the menu, I'm getting it -- if I see "Mint Oreo Blizzard is back!" on the marquee, I'm pulling in whether I'm hungry or not.

You can ask them to add mint flavor any time.  My old lady's go to is mint M&M.  

I like Snickers, turtle pecan, and Reese's PB cup.

On 2/12/2020 at 1:38 PM, Both Tacos said:
On 2/12/2020 at 1:29 PM, irishtexan said:
Oreo. It's objectively the best. No need to complicate the Blizzard.

That's where I've always been until the cookie jar came out. Try it.

This is more “unpopular opinion” thread worthy, but here goes: I don’t like cookie dough. We bake those things for a reason. 

This is more “unpopular opinion” thread worthy, but here goes: I don’t like cookie dough. We bake those things for a reason. 

And the cookie dough they put in ice cream isn’t nearly as good as real cookie dough. It’s those weird pellets.

I already voted for Oreo but banana pudding is pretty damn good too.

16 hours ago, Longhorn Al said:

What I've learned is that you can apparently get 2 flavors in one blizzard.  I had never even thought of that.

Ever since I could remember, I've ordered a Blizzard with Oreos and Reese's cups together. It's sensational. 

All this Blizzard talk's got me hankerin'

12 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

1.  Butterfinger

2.  Snickers

A few years ago they had one called French Silk that kicked the shit out of both of the above (not because Butterfinger or Snicker blizzards suck but rather the FS was complete awesomeness in a cup).  Sadly it's been long gone.

Those "old" flavors you can typically still get. The cookie jar was a flavor of the month and not on the main menu. After it was gone, I was still able to order it. They ring up an Oreo blizzard but they have the recipe card of what goes in it. I did this when they pulled the Mississippi Mud Fudge blizzard. Still was able to order. 

4 hours ago, Jack Straw said:

Same here.  Is it two flavors all mixed together, or is it like top half is one flavor and bottom half the other flavor?  I suspect the former.  Either way, will try.  

Whatever flavors you ask, it is all blended together. 

On 2/13/2020 at 12:06 AM, Longhorn Al said:

What I've learned is that you can apparently get 2 flavors in one blizzard.  I had never even thought of that.

On 2/13/2020 at 9:08 AM, HornOnTheBayou said:

Right? How have I lived for 41 years on this planet without realizing this?

On 2/13/2020 at 5:35 PM, 4HE said:

This is me. How am I just learning of this voodoo?

On 2/13/2020 at 5:43 PM, Jack Straw said:

Same here.  Is it two flavors all mixed together, or is it like top half is one flavor and bottom half the other flavor?  I suspect the former.  Either way, will try.  

that’s day one stuff, you idiots.  and it two different toppings mixed together, double topping.  get on it. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/13/2020 at 12:06 AM, Longhorn Al said:

On 2/13/2020 at 9:08 AM, HornOnTheBayou said:

Right? How have I lived for 41 years on this planet without realizing this?

you people suffer from a lack of imagination.

Anyway, guess I'm off to the local DQ now. Thanks assholes.

2 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

I wasn’t aware Heath bars were available outside of a prison commissary 

Heath bars in a blizzard are one of life's great joys.

But I'll admit, that's the only way I ever consume Heath bars.  Unlike Reese's PB cups, m&m's, oreos, butterfingers, and pretty much anything else I'd put in a blizzard.

So, on second thought, I kinda see where you're coming from.

• 3 months later...