What do you order at Whataburger?

Topper13

1 hour ago, threesheets said:

Working from home and the kids are off so we went to WB to try out the breakfast burger.  It was good (props to @ChickenSandwich for the grilled onion idea- that was $), but I don't know that I'll ever order it again- didn't enjoy it any more than I would have a HBCB or a BOB (I usually throw hash browns on my BOB anyway).  I think the main reason is Whataburger's bacon just flat out sucks.

wbbb1.jpgwbbb2.jpg

Also, it's kinda stupid eating a side of hash browns with it. But I wanted coffee and the meal is only $.30 more than a sandwich and coffee, so of course I ate hash browns with it.

fatty  

Edited by CBT
no judging
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

Had the breakfast burger with jalapeño cheddar as the bun.
Would be better with no pepper sauce.
I give it a B.

i forgot to say no pepper sauce but i don't think they put it on - maybe a side effect of asking for it ranchero style

On 10/14/2019 at 12:06 PM, threesheets said:

Working from home and the kids are off so we went to WB to try out the breakfast burger.  It was good (props to @ChickenSandwich for the grilled onion idea- that was $), but I don't know that I'll ever order it again- didn't enjoy it any more than I would have a HBCB or a BOB (I usually throw hash browns on my BOB anyway).  I think the main reason is Whataburger's bacon just flat out sucks.

wbbb1.jpgwbbb2.jpg

Also, it's kinda stupid eating a side of hash browns with it. But I wanted coffee and the meal is only $.30 more than a sandwich and coffee, so of course I ate hash browns with it.

Is there any way to get around the s*** bacon issue? Order it extra crispy?

• 2 months later...

Coworker participated in a Whataburger taste test of new incoming products. Said he tried one that had pico de gallo with green chili lime salsa that was AWESOME. Said his suggestion was to call it the taco burger. We'll see if it makes it to production.

I'm a pretty simple man. Always order #2 with double cheese. Now, I do go a little crazy and dip my fries into spicy kethcup.

Now, what gets me is what they charge for a slice of cheese. Some charge $.50 a slice and some charge $.75. Come on Whataburger, if you are going to screw me, screw me the same at all locations. (not that this is going to stop me from going anyways).

On 2/1/2020 at 11:14 AM, dad said:

Coworker participated in a Whataburger taste test of new incoming products. Said he tried one that had pico de gallo with green chili lime salsa that was AWESOME. Said his suggestion was to call it the taco burger. We'll see if it makes it to production.

New menu items are nice and all, but I wish they’d just bring back the A1 Thick & Hearty* and Green Chile Double. 

*insert obligatory “your mom says it’s both thick and hearty” joke here. 

Edited by Dutch
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Both Tacos said:

I'm a pretty simple man. Always order #2 with double cheese. Now, I do go a little crazy and dip my fries into spicy kethcup.

Now, what gets me is what they charge for a slice of cheese. Some charge $.50 a slice and some charge $.75. Come on Whataburger, if you are going to screw me, screw me the same at all locations. (not that this is going to stop me from going anyways).

75 cents was probably in a franchised location.  pricing is very consistent at the corporate stores. 

Edited by elfenix

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/1/2020 at 11:14 AM, dad said:

Is the chorizo burger ever coming back?!

On 2/1/2020 at 5:19 PM, elfenix said:

75 cents was probably in a franchised location.  pricing is very consistent at the corporate stores. 

1) are the corporate stores consistently better than the franchises?  or vice versa?  is that a distinction that can be made?

and, if so

2) is there an easy way to find out which stores are corporate and which are franchises?

1) are the corporate stores consistently better than the franchises?  or vice versa?  is that a distinction that can be made?
and, if so
2) is there an easy way to find out which stores are corporate and which are franchises?
No idea and no idea. There are very few franchised stores iirc, for what it's worth.

4 hours ago, Bevo VIII said:

Can you get breakfast chili? I, for one, indulge in getting the small chili with baconator combo and dipping or pouring the chili onto the baconator.

This sounds like the start of an Urban Meyer heart problem