What do you order at Whataburger?

Topper13

16 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I'm lost...what exactly is your beef (no pun) here? They know their combo so they're sick fucks...but don't take 20 seconds to order so obviously not stupid.

My question is -  How large of a person (frequency of visits) do you have to be to have the fucking combo numbers memorized at a fast food joint?  My point about ordering in 20 seconds is that I am not a woman or someone under the impression that Whataburger has some sort of extensive menu that needs contemplating.  Just like at any other fast food place, you know what you want going in, look at a picture above you and order.  There is no fucking soupe du jour or new chef inspired tasting menu. 

The actual combo numbers would never be but a momentary flicker in my short-term memory and serve no purpose attempting to move it to long term.  Others seem to have this shit down pat which suggests a higher frequency of use than mine (~ once a quarter).  

1 hour ago, Kringelbert Fishtybuns said:

My question is -  How large of a person (frequency of visits) do you have to be to have the fucking combo numbers memorized at a fast food joint?  My point about ordering in 20 seconds is that I am not a woman or someone under the impression that Whataburger has some sort of extensive menu that needs contemplating.  Just like at any other fast food place, you know what you want going in, look at a picture above you and order.  There is no fucking soupe du jour or new chef inspired tasting menu. 

The actual combo numbers would never be but a momentary flicker in my short-term memory and serve no purpose attempting to move it to long term.  Others seem to have this shit down pat which suggests a higher frequency of use than mine (~ once a quarter).  

this may not be the message board for you. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Lol so some here have been eating Whataburger since they've been kids and you're pissed because over a lifetime they happen to have a goto engraved in their minds rather than skipping a delicious meal at WB and wait for a real supper like you?

4 hours ago, Kringelbert Fishtybuns said:

I'm not one of those stupid fucks that takes more than 20 seconds to make up my mind holding up the line. I get that a #1 is a single and #2 is a double, but after that I'm lost. 

Its just odd to me is all.  I travel all the time for work, but if the only options are drive thru places - I just say fuck it and wait until dinner. 

You seem like you suck.

6 hours ago, Kringelbert Fishtybuns said:

your opinion is fine, as long as you (and your opinion) remain in california, or new york, or wherever the hell it is you call home.  

I also know the #6 at Wendy’s is a Spicy Chicken Sandwich.

Want to fight about it?

On 3/25/2018 at 10:03 PM, Jimbaround said:

Sausage BOB ranchero style, fries instead of hash browns.

Double meat, double cheese (sometimes add japs).  The double meat is critical to get the meat/cheese, produce, bun ratios correct.

In looking to relocate from the Oklahoma City & Dallas area(s), one of the main reasons I chose Phoenix, was due to it having both Whataburger & In-N-Out in the area...

I normally just go for a #2 with double cheese, (never thought about it scientifically as you have) and add either the large fry or onion rings/ strawberry shake & lemon pie...

If it's one of those in betweener/ early morning munchie runs, I might just add in a few extra chicken strips with toast & gravy, or a stack of hotcakes with bacon to top it off...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

First Whataburger trip in three months, and I was craving an A1 T&H something fierce.  I decided to go with a sweet and spicy bacon burger, no mustard, on Texas Toast. It slammed and went hard.  Not quite as hard as an A1, mind, but still slammed pretty damn hard. Recommended. 

32 minutes ago, Dutch said:

First Whataburger trip in three months, and I was craving an A1 T&H something fierce.  I decided to go with a sweet and spicy bacon burger, no mustard, on Texas Toast. It slammed and went hard.  Not quite as hard as an A1, mind, but still slammed pretty damn hard. Recommended. 

pro tip: get it on texas toast, take it home and fry it grilled cheese style in a hot pan with lots of butter til the bread is dark and crispy.  borderline erotic. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dutch said:

Is the A1T&H permanently discontinued?   Also - why the fuck do they put mustard on the sweet and spicy?   A standard Whataburger must have mustard but it doesn't really help the sweet and spicy.

The jalapeno cheddar biscuit with sausage, egg is my favorite thing on their menu. 

side note: on the old site someone posted a picture of a gal decked out in a Wonder Woman/ Whata Woman looking outfit, what's the story on that? She would be my new favorite item on the menu.

On 5/9/2018 at 10:31 AM, krevo said:

Is the A1T&H permanently discontinued?   Also - why the fuck do they put mustard on the sweet and spicy?   A standard Whataburger must have mustard but it doesn't really help the sweet and spicy.

Yeah, much to my sadness, the A1 T&H is off menu; it made way for the Monterrey Melt on the all-time favorites. You’re dead-right about the mustard. It in no way belongs on a S&S Bacon Burger. So much more delicious without it. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/30/2018 at 12:36 PM, Stella Link said:

Has anyone tried the Whataburger bacon from HEB?  How is it better than other brands?

Bought it yesterday. Will be cooking on Saturday morning and I will report back.

Whats the general consensus on sweet and spicy bacon burger (other than hold mustard)? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Enchubben said:

Whats the general consensus on sweet and spicy bacon burger (other than hold mustard)? 

It slams.  The sauce isn't too sweet or too spicy.  Get it w/o mustard and on Texas Toast, and you've got a damn tasty burger.

Edited by Dutch

My go to like a lot of others is the double jalapeno cheeseburger with onion rings.  In general, I hate cheeseburgers but a WB jalapeno cheeseburger is badass.

Once a year (usually around Christmas) I'll live it up and make it a triple jalapeno cheeseburger.  For real, them's good eats.

4 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

My go to like a lot of others is the double jalapeno cheeseburger with onion rings.  In general, I hate cheeseburgers but a WB jalapeno cheeseburger is badass.

Once a year (usually around Christmas) I'll live it up and make it a triple jalapeno cheeseburger.  For real, them's good eats.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

On 4/2/2018 at 5:41 PM, elfenix said:

was it ever really gone?  kinda like back when the chicken fajita taco wasn't on the menu, but you could always get it?

One of their more under-rated items.  Two of those, with bacon and cheese added.  Boom.