What do you order at Whataburger?

Topper13

9 hours ago, elfenix said:

Whataburger's 70th birthday is this Saturday.

4 hours ago, Native Horn said:

That's like ONE in Chicago-years. 

HBD, Whataburger!

I sense a #2, add grilled japs, cheese, & bacon on Texas Toast is in my near future. 

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

My husband and I liked the Monterrey Melt but they haven't had it for awhile at our locations.

use the app to make whatever you want.  start with a number 2, add 1 slice american and 1 slice monty jack, get rid of the regular veg/mustard and add grilled peppers/onions and jalapeno ranch.  walla.

Edited by elfenix
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Both Tacos said:

Anyone tried the pico burger yet?

No. We got a coupon in the mail for a free one with purchase of a burger.

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Just ask for it. Most locations will make any of the all time favs assuming they have the ingredients.

Thank you! We may try that. We don't eat Whataburger a lot, there is a locally owned place that makes reallllllllly good burgers and we've been giving them extra business this summer to stay afloat during the reduced capacity but when we do, we liked the melt better than a plain hamburger. Thank heavens my youngest finally progressed beyond the "plain and dry" stage of hamburger consumption. We were beginning to think the hospital made an error all those years ago.

On 8/5/2020 at 3:48 PM, Both Tacos said:

Too much acidity in the pico, imo. Which i don't think is something I'd say about pico in most circumstances, but apparently can be true for a burger (for me anyways). It didn't suck. But I'd have rather had a #2. Maybe if you tinker with it with some japs or something it can be improved upon.

Had a #2 today, one slice of American cheese, one slice of Monterey Jack, with grilled japs and grilled onions on Texas toast with onion rings and a large Dr. Pepper. No regrets. 

Edited by Deej
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

If you’re getting onion rings and not getting a creamy pepper dipping sauce to dip them in you’re missing out. And as others have pointed out the chophouse cheddar and Monterey melt ingredients are available year round. The one is miss is the A1 Thick and Hearty. I guess I could buy the sauce at the store and add it myself, but that’s little too much effort for Whataburger.

On 8/5/2020 at 3:48 PM, Both Tacos said:

It was just okay.  If you don’t get to have whataburger very often/or watching your calories, stick with the classics.  Otherwise, I’d only try it if you’re bored with the menu.

1 hour ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Some cool abandoned buildings to photograph like the baker, hospital at ft. Wolters, etc. but yeah, nothing else.

That whataburger fucked my guts up. Ended up destroying an Allsup’s bathroom a couple towns down the road.

Did you get a chimichanga from Allsup's to make up for your bad Whataburger experience?

That might be the best offering I’ve ever seen out of a WBurger, how good would a couple fried eggs be on that masterpiece?

just noticed the bacon, would have to drag that off of mine.

Edited by RMac5

i wrote down exactly how to put it into the computer and drew a diagram.  the cashier looked at it weirdly but the GM was right behind her almost immediately and understood what i wanted.  she then went back to the grill to make it properly.  i told them it should get put on the all time favorites. 

11 minutes ago, elfenix said:

i wrote down exactly how to put it into the computer and drew a diagram.  the cashier looked at it weirdly but the GM was right behind her almost immediately and understood what i wanted.  she then went back to the grill to make it properly.  i told them it should get put on the all time favorites. 

Only modification I would suggest is that you need cheese on the patties as well.  Something about melted cheese actually on the patties....

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

So what is the order?

17 minutes ago, Both Tacos said:
18 hours ago, elfenix said:

So what is the order?

6 minutes ago, NOMAAA said:

pepperjack cheese?

start with #5, sub toast for buns, sub shredded cheddar for american, add 2x beef patties, add 2x pepper jack, add grilled onions/jalapenos, then add a pepper jack grilled cheese sandwich. 

i think the au jus sauce might be a nice upgrade

Edited by elfenix
  • Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, elfenix said:

You, sir, are an American hero.

ywPh9P9.gif

• Like 1