What do you order at Whataburger?

Topper13

Last weekend my I35 pit stop was the Hillsboro WB for a #2 with cheese, onion rings, and a Dr Pepper shake. 

That shake slams and goes hard. And you already know the #2 owns. And WB onion rings are the best side option of any fast food joint. I will fight anyone who says otherwise.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, TornACL said:

Last weekend my I35 pit stop was the Hillsboro WB for a #2 with cheese, onion rings, and a Dr Pepper shake. 

That shake slams and goes hard. And you already know the #2 owns. And WB onion rings are the best side option of any fast food joint. I will fight anyone who says otherwise.

Sonic has some mean ass onion rings as well, but yes, Whataburger’s are awesome.  

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/15/2020 at 12:22 PM, Bam Bam Sam said:

My go to in college was was the whatachicken with just cheese and barbecue. Simple but always hit the spot. I've been in Colorado since I graduated, and the games I've managed to attend I've never made it a point to stop by whataburger. I feel like I'm losing my Texan card.

Whataburger lost their Texan card. 

Yesterday's lunch/ dinner just in time for Astros game at 3:

Mushroom burger, add bacon.

Large Rings

Large Dt Dr Pepper., because who needs empty calories?

It was fucking good and hit the spot.  Besides some mom&pop greasy burger joints, Whataburger's rings are better than most.  I think I'm the only person who still likes the mushroom burger, but if they are generous with the au jus sauce, it's pretty damned tasty.

Read an article this past weekend in Austin Monthly, I think, that P. Terrry's "was on the cusp of toppling fast food royalty in Texas, Whataburger".   Granted, the source, but still it was laughable.  I've never figured out why people think P Terry's makes a good burger.  The next good one they make will be their first one. 

Patrick Terry has been and is all about making cheap food - his bullhorn blows loud and clear there.   Perhaps if he'd spend a bit more on the product then the quality would fall in line. 

6 hours ago, slorch said:

Yesterday's lunch/ dinner just in time for Astros game at 3:

Mushroom burger, add bacon.

Large Rings

Large Dt Dr Pepper., because who needs empty calories?

It was fucking good and hit the spot.  Besides some mom&pop greasy burger joints, Whataburger's rings are better than most.  I think I'm the only person who still likes the mushroom burger, but if they are generous with the au jus sauce, it's pretty damned tasty.

i still like the mushroom burger.  they don't send out coupons for mushroom burgers anymore and a $10 fast food order isn't something i particularly like, though.  evidence above notwithstanding. 

3 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

Read an article this past weekend in Austin Monthly, I think, that P. Terrry's "was on the cusp of toppling fast food royalty in Texas, Whataburger".   Granted, the source, but still it was laughable. 

spacer.png

Yeah, that's a dumb article.  Toppling Whataburger, which has 687 locations across this great state? Shouldn't they have to expand beyond Austin before that claim could be made?

Put me in the Onion rings >>> fries camp as well; don't recall the last time I didn't switch for onion rings.

Edited by Dutch

Broke down the other day and ordered the PDG burger.   It was damn good.  The pico was chopped a little bigger than they put in the pics but it was fine.  And the fresh japs actually brought some heat.  Not sure I'd order it again at that price though. Think it was like $8.09 or some shit just for the sandwich. 

By the way- the WB outside DFW (114 and Freeport) is awesome.  Ordered my food at 12:39 and drove off with it at 12:41.  Sandwich looks like it was professionally gift wrapped too, which was a nice touch.

1 hour ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Sonic and Whataburger onion rings are completely different animals because of the different breading  I like them both though..

I always forget to switch to onion rings cause it isn't a huge deal for me cause I like WB fries but I did it the other day and man I missed them lol. Won't forget to make that switch again 

1 hour ago, threesheets said:

Broke down the other day and ordered the PDG burger.   It was damn good.  The pico was chopped a little bigger than they put in the pics but it was fine.  And the fresh japs actually brought some heat.  Not sure I'd order it again at that price though. Think it was like $8.09 or some shit just for the sandwich. 

By the way- the WB outside DFW (114 and Freeport) is awesome.  Ordered my food at 12:39 and drove off with it at 12:41.  Sandwich looks like it was professionally gift wrapped too, which was a nice touch.

If you order through the app it's buy one get one free PDG burgers until the end of the month. 

5 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

Read an article this past weekend in Austin Monthly, I think, that P. Terrry's "was on the cusp of toppling fast food royalty in Texas, Whataburger".   Granted, the source, but still it was laughable.  I've never figured out why people think P Terry's makes a good burger.  The next good one they make will be their first one. 

Patrick Terry has been and is all about making cheap food - his bullhorn blows loud and clear there.   Perhaps if he'd spend a bit more on the product then the quality would fall in line. 

I like P Terry's. I like Whataburger. I don't consider them substitute goods.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Both Tacos said:

Anyone tried the chicken sandwich lately? It now comes with Whatasauce, instead of mayo?
Didn't know what Whatasauce was exactly and I'm use to mayo on there so I had them put it on the side. Yep, tastes like Chick-Fil-A sauce.
We're watching you Chicago.

https://stories.whataburger.com/whataburger-revamps-the-classics-with-all-new-chicken-sandwiches-and-sauces/

They rolled that out 3 years ago.

On 8/21/2020 at 3:59 PM, TornACL said:

I’m interested in subscribing to your newsletter