What do you order at Whataburger?

Topper13

When A1 T&H was a seasonal thing, I ate at WB probably 2-3 times a month. When it went full time on the “classics” menu, I went maybe 1-2 a month but usually ordered it. Since they dropped it over a year ago, I think I’ve been 3 times or fewer. How hard is it to carry some generic steak sauce among your 30 other sauces, even if it isn’t the A1 brand?

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, WBT said:

The green chili double not only comes with bacon now but also mayo.  So don't forget to sub mustard.  Fucking Chicago.

spacer.png

Thanks for the heads-up.  One of the many great things about Whataburger is I don't have to remember to tell them not to put jizz mayo on my burger.  Or at least I didn't. I hope this isn't their new policy going forward.

Edited by Dutch
  • Hook 'Em 1

Broke down the other day and ordered the PDG burger.   It was damn good.  The pico was chopped a little bigger than they put in the pics but it was fine.  And the fresh japs actually brought some heat.  Not sure I'd order it again at that price though. Think it was like $8.09 or some shit just for the sandwich. 
By the way- the WB outside DFW (114 and Freeport) is awesome.  Ordered my food at 12:39 and drove off with it at 12:41.  Sandwich looks like it was professionally gift wrapped too, which was a nice touch.

Yea, but that WB’s paper straw is fucking shitty.

6 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

At some point in the next month I am probably going to feel down about something or another and that’s when I am going to try the spicy chicken sandwich. Add pepper jack cheese and sub the mayo garbage for jalapeño ranch.

I had that exact order for dinner tonight, but added grilled japs. Did not disappoint. 

• Like 1

Gave the green chile bacon burger a try today.  I really only wanted one patty, as the ‘rona WFH has me eating less and losing weight.  But got two anyway.  Burger was great with the mild heat from the green chilies, and the bacon was well cooked.  Chosen location was one of the four dozen Whataburger units on 290 in H-town. 

Edited by CycleTex87

On 9/30/2020 at 2:39 PM, WBT said:

The green chili double not only comes with bacon now but also mayo.  So don't forget to sub mustard.  Fucking Chicago.

Why the fuck would you want mustard on a green chili burger?  That just takes away from the green chili taste.  Team mayo it compliments but doesn’t over power like mustard.

Edited by Hook1997
  • Hook 'Em 2

59 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Why the fuck would you want mustard on a green chili burger?  That just takes away from the green chili taste.  Team mayo it compliments but doesn’t over power like mustard.

Frankly, I avoid both mustard and mayo on a green Chile cheeseburger.  Doesn't enhance the chiles.