What do you order at Whataburger?

Topper13

On 4/3/2021 at 1:22 PM, Murfdogg21 said:

I remember a brief period after the most recent discontinuation of A1TH that they had a generic steak sauce as an option on any sandwich, but not in the last 18+ months. They have about 12 gd sauces on their menu and none of them can be steak sauce????

Or just quit ordering stupid ass gimmick burgers and eat some mustard. Maybe a little lettuce/tomato/onion/pickle. It's good stuff. 

(creamy pepper sauce is great with fries)

1 hour ago, futureman said:

wait, what the fuck is whatasauce?

It’s a creamy sauce with a bit of seasoning in there. Probably a ketchup/mayo blend base. Not sure I’d like it on a burger, but it kicks up the chicken sandwich really nicely.   

You can add it to any sandwich through the app. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 11/4/2020 at 8:32 PM, TwiceHorn said:

I got a 4 combo with rings today.  Quite tasty.  However, it did seem that the burger was smaller than I remember.  It has been a month or two since I whataburgered.

Is this a thing?  Or is my memory just failing me?

Maybe you are just getting bigger?

<yes, I know I'm replying to a post that is 6 months old>

On 4/3/2021 at 1:22 PM, Murfdogg21 said:

I remember a brief period after the most recent discontinuation of A1TH that they had a generic steak sauce as an option on any sandwich, but not in the last 18+ months. They have about 12 gd sauces on their menu and none of them can be steak sauce????

That off brand steak sauce they used was salty shit.

49 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

I actually totally get this, and do it myself. Was just trying to be standard surly. 

Lol I understand.  Last weekend I grilled some burgers and got griped at by the wife because I stole some of the guacamole she was “saving” for fajitas.   Made my own avocado bacon burger.  

They love to “save” stuff for later. Then you find it brown and mushy in back of fridge or in my case it’s knicky knack bullshit taking up space in the garage. 

“oh that shit? Yeah no idea where that stuff went.”

meanwhile I’m a member of goodwill dumb kitschy bullshit gold level donation club. 

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

20 hours ago, Deej said:

I cant believe I'm saying this, but I just had a double cheeseburger with jalapeños from Sonic that crushed my last few Whataburgers. 

I'm not sure what changed, but Sonic burgers have gotten much better. I remember choking down Brown Bag Special burgers in college. Now they're pretty darned solid. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Like 1

On 4/16/2021 at 6:16 PM, hookemATL said:

They love to “save” stuff for later. Then you find it brown and mushy in back of fridge or in my case it’s knicky knack bullshit taking up space in the garage. 

“oh that shit? Yeah no idea where that stuff went.”

meanwhile I’m a member of goodwill dumb kitschy bullshit gold level donation club. 

Preacher GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• 4 weeks later...

Driving back to Houston Sunday I stopped at the whataBurger in Hutchins off 45. The wait was kinda long but damn if it wasn’t the hottest, freshest whataBurger I’ve had in years. #2 mustard Mayo grilled onions and japs, no tomato. I mean, just goddamn it was good. I’m going to remember that location for the future. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Etexhorn13 said:

Driving back to Houston Sunday I stopped at the whataBurger in Hutchins off 45. The wait was kinda long but damn if it wasn’t the hottest, freshest whataBurger I’ve had in years. #2 mustard Mayo grilled onions and japs, no tomato. I mean, just goddamn it was good. I’m going to remember that location for the future. 

one time after an absolutely stellar #2 I called the location and asked to speak to the manager. thanked him and told him he ran a tight ship. true story. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, futureman said:

one time after an absolutely stellar #2 I called the location and asked to speak to the manager. thanked him and told him he ran a tight ship. true story. 

I had a great late-night burger from Dan's one time and then the next day gave the guy that made my burger that night his Uber ride to work. 

• Hook 'Em 1