What do you order at Whataburger?

Topper13

I fuckin hate the closest Whataburger to me (MLK/Airport in Austin), but I gotta hand it to them, I really enjoyed my Southern Bacon Double on Saturday. They didn't get my DP shake right (chocolate instead), but I was gruntled by the meal. The slaw did about the same thing that lettuce does (mostly crunch, but a tiny bit more flavor than lettuce). 

16 hours ago, WBT said:

I refuse to order it.  What makes it southern?  Wtf is "sothern style" sauce?  Pandering chicago fucks.

Texas isn't the south, it's Texas.

They basically just picked region and said "do that", in this case all the same shit that normally comes on a Carolina style pulled pork sandwich.

Next up, the "Skyline Chili Double"

• Rage+1 3

On 4/29/2022 at 4:03 PM, Texzilla58 said:

Fuck Chicago. Next they’ll introduce a shitty deep dish breakfast pizza.

I loved those lemon pies. They’ll probably come back with a Dr Pepper pie or some shit. This is why Texas needs to secede and seize Whataburger stores as a matter of state security. Abbott needs to call a special session over this. Fucking up Whataburger is a unifying Texas issue.

Cannot be said enough. Fucking Chicago bastards.

18 hours ago, WBT said:

I refuse to order it.  What makes it southern?  Wtf is "sothern style" sauce?  Pandering chicago fucks.

Texas isn't the south, it's Texas.

Supposedly they're expanding into the deep South (Georgia and Alabama). Is this how burgers are done down South?

What next? An Alabama White Sauce Chicken Strip Sammich.

On 4/29/2022 at 2:00 PM, Bottlecap said:

Lemon Pies are off the menu. How else am i gonna wash down 2000 calories? a fucking cinnamon roll? thats what they offered as a sub.

Hey man it ain't the cinnamon roll's fault and he's been a good member of the menu for years.

• Hook 'Em 3

had the southern burger based on app offer.  outside cashier didn't hear the two times i said texas toast, apparently, and the guy at the window gave me sweet tea. 

burger had too much sauce.  other than that it was ok.  better than the pico burger.

Went to our Missouri one for breakfast this morning and was pleasantly surprised to discover we now have a full menu. Had only the basics before today. Got the spicy honey butter chicken biscuit... Sadly the jalapeño cheddar biscuit is no longer an option as we all know. 

Got a HBCB this morning, nixed the HB (I can't pretend that shit isn't gross; yeah, I know, unpopular opinions thread), added an egg.  I very much miss the J/C biscuit as well.

Edited by dcbc

On 5/4/2022 at 9:47 PM, BurntOrange&White said:

That burger with the slaw on it is fucking gross 

Tried it the first week.  Most definitely NOT my favorite.

Through the years, the a-1 Thick n Hearty burger with bacon and grilled jalapenos is still my fave.

9 hours ago, dcbc said:

Got a HBCB this morning, nixed the HB (I can't pretend that shit isn't gross; yeah, I know, unpopular opinions thread), added an egg.  I very much miss the J/C biscuit as well.

BlankDistortedBrownbutterfly-max-1mb.gif

10 hours ago, dcbc said:

I had the hbcb this morning because they had a buy 1 get 1 free offer.  I was disappointed that there were so few options for customization on the app.   Pretty much just egg, bacon, and cheese.   It didn't suck, but I won't order that again.  Would have been nice to add onion and jap.

For lunch today:

patty melt on reg bun. add grilled jalapenos.  I'm cool with Texas Toast, just not in the mood today.

Large onion ring, and they actually filled the carton and then some.

whatalunch!!!

3 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Enjoy grated cheese while you can. The stores by me are done. It’s not on their app.

Also you can’t get spicy ketchup on an item. That’s diy.

There are things that are not on the app that they will make for you if you go in and ask for it. My wife hates whataburger. It's one of the biggest triggers for arguments in our marriage. She will only eat their "grilled cheese" which used to be on the kids menu but they took it off. It's just cheese griddled on texas toast. Can't order on the app, but they'll still make it for you if you order inside. They'll probably make anything with shredded cheese if you ask them to, as long as they have it in the store. I don't think they can stop buying shredded cheese unless they stop serving taquitos. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

There are things that are not on the app that they will make for you if you go in and ask for it. My wife hates whataburger. It's one of the biggest triggers for arguments in our marriage. She will only eat their "grilled cheese" which used to be on the kids menu but they took it off. It's just cheese griddled on texas toast. Can't order on the app, but they'll still make it for you if you order inside. They'll probably make anything with shredded cheese if you ask them to, as long as they have it in the store. I don't think they can stop buying shredded cheese unless they stop serving taquitos. 

The taquito has sliced American cheese on it, it’s part of its charm.

Yep they are trying to streamline it with Southern tastes and some of y'all are falling for it. It will be a second-rate version of Cookout before y'all know it. And I like Cookout, f I am in Mississippi or points east.

HEB needs to buy the Texas locations of Whataburger and save it. 

Edited by MaybeACoordinator
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

12 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Some fucking idiots start talking about putting Mayo on a whataburger meanwhile the Yankee overlords pull the best goddamn breakfast sandwich in the history of the world…

Patricon Swayze exits the chat

you prefer cheese in your sausage. you’re a moron.