What do you order at Whataburger?

Topper13

Tried the spicy honey butter chicken biscuit this morning. Was solid, needed more sauce though, last half was pretty dry. It’s got nothing on a sausage egg and cheese on the jalapeño cheddar biscuit however. Hash browns were better than normal. They still have shitty coffee.

• Hook 'Em 1

Picture sucks but this #2 with two slices of American slammed, added jalapeños and Mayo to round out the flavors. It was a a little sloppy made, but it wasn’t an issue. Onion rings were on point too. 

47C066A4-AF42-4967-9904-3B71EFB5C3CC.thumb.jpeg.7a8e70ad75009d7f8554fbfdb589133c.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

So they've totally eliminated the grilled cheese sandwich. Kind of a weird thing to take off the menu. Less family trips there in our future. I have two kids that don't like burgers and don't like the chicken at WB. womp womp

They have Texas toast. They have cheese. They can make it.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

So they've totally eliminated the grilled cheese sandwich. Kind of a weird thing to take off the menu. Less family trips there in our future. I have two kids that don't like burgers and don't like the chicken at WB. womp womp

caddyshack-judge.gif

2 hours ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

Sounds like you need to trade your kids in for two new ones. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

They did that initially. Then in the last couple weeks, two separate Whataburger’s told us they will not do that anymore. Try it yourself. Maybe it’s just a San Antonio thing. 

Order like this: Jr. Cheeseburger or Kid's Just a burger. Sub Texas Toast.  Hold the meat, all the veggies, and the mustard.  Sub shredded cheddar if you like.  Toast both sides of bread option.

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 5/21/2022 at 6:14 PM, dcbc said:

Order like this: Jr. Cheeseburger or Kid's Just a burger. Sub Texas Toast.  Hold the meat, all the veggies, and the mustard.  Sub shredded cheddar if you like.  Toast both sides of bread option.

🚨 🚨 🚨 

So I told my wife this order and she insisted on trying it today 😂. They refused. Is this a San Antonio conspiracy, or nationwide?

• Rage+1 1

On 5/21/2022 at 6:14 PM, dcbc said:

Ha ha. It didn’t work for Jack Nicholson.

• Haha 1

Buffalo sauce gone too

These fuckers in Chicago have no clue about the Texas libertarianism of Whataburger dining choices. No place is as dogmatic about food than Chicago. They get all bent if you just leave off celery salt off a fucking hot dog. Sorry I don’t want a tomato on my fucking hot dog.

These fuckers will be down to ketchup as the only condiment in a year. And no subs on your burger. And absolutely no invented dishes like a grilled cheese.
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 5/21/2022 at 10:15 AM, Immaculate Vibes said:

7 hours ago, RMac5 said:

That’s stupid on W-Burger, they have all the ingredients, not to mention how easy it is to make. I hate shit like this, maybe cause I’m an old.

35 minutes ago, elfenix said:

Buffalo sauce gone too

23 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

These fuckers in Chicago have no clue about the Texas libertarianism of Whataburger dining choices. No place is as dogmatic about food than Chicago. They get all bent if you just leave off celery salt off a fucking hot dog. Sorry I don’t want a tomato on my fucking hot dog.

These fuckers will be down to ketchup as the only condiment in a year. And no subs on your burger. And absolutely no invented dishes like a grilled cheese.

Pretty soon the only options will be celery salt, relish, and mayo. 

Fucking Chicago fucktards.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

7 hours ago, RMac5 said:

That’s stupid on W-Burger, they have all the ingredients, not to mention how easy it is to make. I hate shit like this, maybe cause I’m an old.

It went like this. 

Hi I’d like to order a justaburger. Sub Texas toast. 

Sure, no problem. 

No meat.  

Im sorry ma’am we can’t do that.  

30 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Pretty soon the only options will be celery salt, relish, and mayo. 

Fucking Chicago fucktards.  

Alright.  Didn't think we were gonna have to head to Chicago to depose the evil regime this soon, but if that's the way they want this to go down......so be it.

17 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

It went like this. 

Hi I’d like to order a justaburger. Sub Texas toast. 

Sure, no problem. 

No meat.  

Im sorry ma’am we can’t do that.  

Take the the hamburger patty, and hold it between your legs.

• Hook 'Em 1

Normally I'll do the patty melt. Maybe the hatch green chile burger when it's that time of year. I can't tell you the last time that their fries have been good at our Whataburger. I'm talking double-digit visits over the past couple of years and the fries have not been good once. They're never fresh, and mostly it seems we're getting sharp pointy end pieces you could use for a prison shank. If it's my choice, I only choose whataburger for breakfast hours and get a ssg/egg/cheese biscuit and a taquito, as they've managed to not screw that up... yet. Buuut the kids like the chicken strips and gravy, so we do still go. 

I'll be surprised if they even serve fancy ketchup in a few years with how many other ketchups they keep trying to shove down our faces. 

• Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

That neon green relish they eat. And they’ll add a fried carp sandwich soon. No coke, Pepsi. I predict no Dr Pepper by 2024.

I should be disgruntled, but

5 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

It’s over.  It’s been over for a while.  Quit giving them your money.

It is. It really is. 

Ate lunch at WB today. Ordered a #2 and a grilled cheese. They told me the grilled cheese is no longer available. She went on to explain that they could get me two pieces of Texas toast and two cheese slices if I really wanted one, it wouldn’t be put together though.

The "plot" of one of their current radio ads is telling. A guy at the drive-thru is paralyzed by burger dilemma. We've all been there, esp at Whataburger. The narrator persuades him to try this North Carolina abomination of a burger and the dude eats it and falls in love with it and says "It's like you really know me" to the narrator / Chicago assholes who are stealing our souls.

I mean look at what they are getting rid of and what they are bringing in: spicy biscuits and breakfast taquitos out, sugary cole slaw laden burgers in. Don't fall for it. Boycott. Deguello.

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

I dunno if it's one Whataburger or nation-wide, but I recently ordered a plain old #1 combo, and it came out with all the zest of a high school cafeteria burger.

Cheap ingredients

Terrible food

Chicagoburger.

18 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

The "plot" of one of their current radio ads is telling. A guy at the drive-thru is paralyzed by burger dilemma. We've all been there, esp at Whataburger. The narrator persuades him to try this North Carolina abomination of a burger and the dude eats it and falls in love with it and says "It's like you really know me" to the narrator / Chicago assholes who are stealing our souls.

I mean look at what they are getting rid of and what they are bringing in: spicy biscuits and breakfast taquitos out, sugary cole slaw laden burgers in. Don't fall for it. Boycott. Deguello.

The taquito is out?

I sent in my short treatise as an online complaint: Summary: you bought a Texas institution because it was beloved and successful.  All you had to do was not fuck it up.  And all you are doing is fucking it up.  Fire whatever egghead "taste consultant" you have engaged, and just be fucking Whataburger.  Special points were made about the jalapeno cheddar biscuit, and their yankee asses not knowing a good thing from a hole in the ground.

I am confident I was yelling into the void, but I yelled nonetheless.

I mean, I have a kid coming home this weekend after almost a year out of the country.  He's been pining for Whataburger.....what am I gonna tell him?

cc172c05-df46-4d4f-bcbc-246830eb979b_tex

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I sent in my short treatise as an online complaint: Summary: you bought a Texas institution because it was beloved and successful.  All you had to do was not fuck it up.  And all you are doing is fucking it up.  Fire whatever egghead "taste consultant" you have engaged, and just be fucking Whataburger.  Special points were made about the jalapeno cheddar biscuit, and their yankee asses not knowing a good thing from a hole in the ground.

I am confident I was yelling into the void, but I yelled nonetheless.

I mean, I have a kid coming home this weekend after almost a year out of the country.  He's been pining for Whataburger.....what am I gonna tell him?

cc172c05-df46-4d4f-bcbc-246830eb979b_tex

I ain’t trying to tell you how to parent here, but I’m not sure I would just lay all of that on him on the way home from the airport.  He’a all grown up now, but I’m not sure he is ready to learn about the demise of Whataburger in the same manner you would tell him about his great aunt passing away.  Soften the ground a little bit first.  Maybe talk about the new burger place that opened while he was gone and how good it is.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Stick to fucking up pizza and hot dogs, you Midwest douchebags."

What's funny about this, is that it is widely accepted that deep dish pizza was created and first sold by native Texan and all-american offensive lineman for the University of Texas Longhorns, Ike Sewell. 

• Haha 1