What do you order at Whataburger?

Topper13

Stopped at one a couple weeks ago in Arkansas on a mountain biking trip.  It took 20 minutes to get our order.  It tasted fine, but if I'm going to wait 20 minutes for a burger, I better be bellied up at a bar with a beer in one hand and a game on the tube.

35 minutes ago, futureman said:

gotta be fake.

incidentally how do you log a complaint on the app?  they fucked up my shit last night and I want retribution.  

Return it to them by shitting on their counter, we know you still ate it

Posted (edited)

I ordered a sausage egg and cheese on JCB a few weeks ago, the dude taking the order repeated most things, but not biscuit.  When I got down the road it was a regular biscuit so I figured they didn’t have it anymore since it didn’t show on the menu. The sandwich was still one of the best ever, egg was cooked perfectly with the yolk just barely firm. It was hot and fresh. I saw in this thread about it still being available so tried again last week and they got the JCB right and it was the same perfectly cooked egg and hot and fresh. I think it’s all about location these days like any fast food spot.

Side note I’ve definitely heard native Texans pronounce it water-burger over what-a-burger.  

Edited by Covri
Any*
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Covri said:

I think it’s all about location these days like Amy fast food spot.  

what location was it?

1 hour ago, Covri said:

Side note I’ve definitely heard native Texans pronounce it water-burger over what-a-burger.  

lots of stupid people in texas. 

Just hit the Whataburger in Burnet. Holy crap, they’re a well-oiled machine. I walk in and order a JCB combo. I was still filling my coffee cup when they handed me my bag. Perfect JCB sammich, in and out in 2 minutes.

cfed58e043d5be29dc6eab33df143142.jpg

We hit that one a decent amount post-golf and it is good for sure.

On 4/7/2024 at 12:19 PM, Covri said:

75 in Plano and I agree

I'm going to hell for this, but that location seems to have a bit of a "special" staff. Been there many times though, and only one disappointing experience that I can remember. 

On 4/7/2024 at 10:52 AM, Brisketexan said:

Just hit the Whataburger in Burnet. Holy crap, they’re a well-oiled machine. I walk in and order a JCB combo. I was still filling my coffee cup when they handed me my bag. Perfect JCB sammich, in and out in 2 minutes.

Small town locations are always better because their employees have limited options and actually give a shit.

I’m looking at you La Grange for always slamming and going hard . 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 4/7/2024 at 10:52 AM, Brisketexan said:

Yeah, that Burnet location has always been a favorite for us. Stop to eat there  several times a year on the way to the ranch.

It’s always been clean, quick, and the food is on point.

Small town locations are always better because their employees have limited options and actually give a shit.
I’m looking at you La Grange for always slamming and going hard . 

This is solid logic. The whataburgers of la grange, Mexia, gilmer, and so many other podunks turn out some mean grub on a consistent basis.

8 hours ago, deft said:

This is solid logic. The whataburgers of la grange, Mexia, gilmer, and so many other podunks turn out some mean grub on a consistent basis.

I will add Lytle, Hondo and Uvalde to that list of stalwarts.  

• Like 1

So WB tears down a perfectly good A-frame at Huebner and bandera (one in which had just the right amount of grease coating on the walls, floors, ceiling, etc) to put up one of the new modern joints with the flat roof. It has less seating. It has 2 self serve kiosks.

I’m there with my family before we go bowling for my sons bday and spend the 5 minutes keying everything in before the cashier 3 feet away steps over to tell me that the kiosk isn’t accepting f payments. My wife can see me going red rats angry and suggests to her that maybe they should put an out of order sign on it and the girl looks at us and says “yeah” then goes back to the regular register.

I still went and got in line because it’s the boys bday but…….