What do you order at Whataburger?

Topper13

On 7/15/2021 at 1:26 PM, 4th&Five said:

When we moved to our new office in Lakeway they sent us a book of 100 of these. We have 3 people here. 
image.thumb.jpeg.6b03768745a7e588f5210f9e5a358724.jpeg

damn.  1,000 bogo hbcb would kill me fast.

*meant 100. but my point stands. 200 honey butter chicken biscuits in a month would be a bad deal. 

Edited by futureman
  • Hook 'Em 1

I've been trying out different combinations with the grilled peppers and onions.  I added them to the Avocado Bacon Burger, subbed pepper jack cheese, and subbed creamy pepper sauce for mustard.  Messy, but tasty.

I also tried the BBQ Chicken Strip Sandwich, subbed creamy pepper sauce for the BBQ sauce, added grilled peppers and onions, and subbed out the cheese for pepper jack.  I enjoyed.

Lastly (so far) I ordered a regular Patty Melt and added the grilled peppers and onions. I liked better than a regular Patty Melt, but not as good as the other two.

I am going to look at other combinations.  As you may be able to tell, I was a Monterrey Melt fan.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, abuelo gringo said:

I've been trying out different combinations with the grilled peppers and onions.  I added them to the Avocado Bacon Burger, subbed pepper jack cheese, and subbed creamy pepper sauce for mustard.  Messy, but tasty.

I also tried the BBQ Chicken Strip Sandwich, subbed creamy pepper sauce for the BBQ sauce, added grilled peppers and onions, and subbed out the cheese for pepper jack.  I enjoyed.

Lastly (so far) I ordered a regular Patty Melt and added the grilled peppers and onions. I liked better than a regular Patty Melt, but not as good as the other two.

I am going to look at other combinations.  As you may be able to tell, I was a Monterrey Melt fan.

If you liked the Monterey Melt why not sub jalapeño ranch instead of creamy pepper sauce? That avocado burger with grilled onions and peppers and the jalapeño ranch sounds pretty dang good.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2021 at 4:13 PM, Patricio Swayze said:

In the 90s, late at night, there was a 57.89% chance the milkshake machine at ANY whataburger was broken.

Yup.  The employees always say it's broken when they don't want to make more milkshakes because they already cleaned the machine.  I'd say the chance was higher, too.  More like 89.37%.

This might or might not also happen late-night at JITB when you're jonesing for those two tacos for .99...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Had to make a quick, early break out of town last week. Planned to use the app to place my standard order before i left the house, so I could swing in for a quick pickup because the drive thru is nuts.

The damned app was down. For all locations. I grabbed sonic down the road. It sucked.

The Sonic Jalapeno Double Cheeseburger, No. 4, is solid.  Or at least at the one or two Sonics at which I have dined.  I am an unabashed fan of tots, and they are also well done at those same Sonics.  More consistently better than WB fries.  Which is why I mostly get onion rings.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

The Sonic Jalapeno Double Cheeseburger, No. 4, is solid.  Or at least at the one or two Sonics at which I have dined.  I am an unabashed fan of tots, and they are also well done at those same Sonics.  More consistently better than WB fries.  Which is why I mostly get onion rings.

No problem with Sonic’s lunch and dinner. Love me some tots. But their breakfast…when I wanted a jalapeño breakfast biscuit and a big-ass coffee….meh.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Frank The Tank said:

Good lord. That order would give me a heart attack halfway through. 

Skipped breakfast so it’s ok!! Also forgot to add that I’ve been subbing Texas toast for any burger for awhile now. Burger holds together much better, esp the triple. 

i ❤️ Wb

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/9/2021 at 7:33 PM, Brisketexan said:

Had to make a quick, early break out of town last week. Planned to use the app to place my standard order before i left the house, so I could swing in for a quick pickup because the drive thru is nuts.

The damned app was down. For all locations. I grabbed sonic down the road. It sucked.

The Lakeway Whataburger is temporarily closed! I don't know what happened, a fire? But they are doing a lot of construction so it looks like it is going to be a while. Just when I get coupons. Dammit!

I had to get Sonic and the burger is watery?? Why the fuck is the burger dripping water? The fries were very meh. I should have gotten their pretzel and called it a day. I really wanted Whataburger cheese burger and fries. You owe me, universe!!

51 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

The Lakeway Whataburger is temporarily closed! I don't know what happened, a fire? But they are doing a lot of construction so it looks like it is going to be a while. Just when I get coupons. Dammit!

I had to get Sonic and the burger is watery?? Why the fuck is the burger dripping water? The fries were very meh. I should have gotten their pretzel and called it a day. I really wanted Whataburger cheese burger and fries. You owe me, universe!!

You fucked up by getting fries at sonic instead of tots. Also the "watery" burger may be bc they changed the burger condiment from mustard standard to a combo of mayo and ketchup that, when mixed with the juice of the tomatoes, creates the watery mess similar to a sourdough jack. 

Sonofabitch! I hardly ever go to Sonic except in summer time for slushies and so I didn't notice that on the menu. Can you tell them to make the burger the old way? Also, I really like their pretzels so I'll just get that next time. I hope it isn't seasonal.

I guess I'm going to have to give my sister my coupons because I'm not driving to Cedar Park or wherever the other Whataburgers are. 

1 minute ago, deadshank said:

Did you go in or squeeze in to that narrow assed drive thru?  

i always go in.  andrea and evelyn love me.  

edit: that was at least my 3rd time ordering the pico burger and first time i've seen pez dispensers, so might have just had a box of them come through as a promo item or something.  

Edited by elfenix

9 hours ago, elfenix said:

i always go in.  andrea and evelyn love me.  

edit: that was at least my 3rd time ordering the pico burger and first time i've seen pez dispensers, so might have just had a box of them come through as a promo item or something.  

I’ve gone to that location for years as it is closest to my warehouse.  

I remember the day in 2003 when I turned in there and the joint was covered in crime scene tape after those bastards murdered sweet Christopher Dean.  A crying shame. 
Christopher was a border-line mentally handicapped guy that loved the Flying W.  His own manager ran an inside job that went south and got Christopher killed.  

Buried him in his Whataburger uniform.  So sad. 

Edited by deadshank

Can't remember if I posted this here but I got the most disgusting mushroom and swiss from them the other day (71 and Manchac).

This was already after I had eaten half the burger/mushrooms and it was so overpowering I just picked the rest off.

20210725_035322.thumb.jpg.084eaf21557296f3d22c62271a461e82.jpg

As you can see a couple are japs but WTF Whataburger? I feel like someone played a prank on me. 

Hopefully it was just a one off but the expansion talk is always concerning. Just tougher to control quality the bigger you get. 

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Can't remember if I posted this here but I got the most disgusting mushroom and swiss from them the other day (71 and Manchac).

This was already after I had eaten half the burger/mushrooms and it was so overpowering I just picked the rest off.

As you can see a couple are japs but WTF Whataburger? I feel like someone played a prank on me. 

Hopefully it was just a one off but the expansion talk is always concerning. Just tougher to control quality the bigger you get. 

usually they're way short if anything.  the pez'd pico burger barely had any pico or japs on it.  annoying to get charged $0.50 for something that has the same cost structure as pickles ($0.00) and get 4 of them. 

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Can you really have too many mushrooms? 

usually they're way short if anything.  the pez'd pico burger barely had any pico or japs on it.  annoying to get charged $0.50 for something that has the same cost structure as pickles ($0.00) and get 4 of them. 

I have the same issue with jalapeños. I’ve started to ask for double japs. Same amount roughly. May have to go with triple. I don’t want it smothered but more than 4 is preferred.

5 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Seems to be a lot of negativity lately, but in my experience whataburger is still knocking it out of the park 85% of the time. That includes a recent order of a jalapeño cheddar biscuit in Baton Rouge (I was prepared for the worst, but pleasantly surprised).

OK -- now I really need a jalapeño cheddar biscuit!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

I’m done with my location, yet another lukewarm effort. 

I’m out as well.  The two within a 10 minute drive of the house have gone downhill.  I’m resigned to paying $3 extra for a “fancy” burger that is conveniently located.

7 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Seems to be a lot of negativity lately, but in my experience whataburger is still knocking it out of the park 85% of the time. That includes a recent order of a jalapeño cheddar biscuit in Baton Rouge (I was prepared for the worst, but pleasantly surprised).

Go to the location on the east side of Silber and north of Katy Freeforallway and tell me Whataburger isn’t the greatest franchise, champion of the universe.  

I’m pretty sure the shitty-to-excellent ratio has to do with the individual franchise ownership / management.  

As always, it starts at the top.